Saban calls out Miami while complaining about NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bullsh!te. Nick knew who his audience was, and it is ABSOLUTELY racial.

He is throwing a scare into the Bama boosters. "Do you want a black school stealing a 5-star from us like they did to F$U? Do you want the Columbus Mafia signing all the SoFla WRs that we used to steal like candy from a baby? And, sure, I'll toss in another SEC school, but it's not a 'real' SEC school, it's those guys over in Texas who like to eat tacos."

But, sure, I get it, we're going to have some "racism doesn't exist, this isn't racism, I don't see color" guys come in to defend what Nick said. I don't care if Nick Saban is a racist or not, but he sure as **** tailored his comments to a largely racist audience.
STOP.

Goodness gracious.

Advertisement
Saban is going out like Denzel in Training Day lol
prayer GIF

Advertisement
STOP.

Goodness gracious.
He’s out of this thread for taking it down a rabbit hole. You’re out of this thread because the two of you are on mutual forced ignore so you must be clicking the “show ignored user content” thing and responding to him.

@Andrew anything to fix that would be appreciated. If not, we’ll just start giving infractions to guys who respond to or regarding the other when on mutual ignore which is what we’ve tried to do with this regarding otherwise solid+ posters.

You're wrong.

Not to mention that a few hours ago, you were claiming Saban's comments were about "big market schools". Once I pointed out that Jackson State doesn't qualify, you're on to a new rationalization, the "It's wild" defense.

"It's wild they signed a five star and the only reason they did is because he's making a mil now." Bullsh!te. It has NEVER been established that he was paid that amount. Even though NIL is perfectly legal, and most of those PAYING the NIL amounts have no problems disclosing the amounts, the "one million dollars" amount has been denied by Travis Hunter, Deion Sanders AND Dave Portnoy.

Therefore the ONLY reason to continue repeating the lie about the "black Division I-AA school that paid a black player a million dollars to spurn Power Five offers" is because Nick is trying to scare the predominantly white old men Bama boosters into spending more money. There is literally NO OTHER REASON, no matter what bullcrap you want to throw against the wall.

Nick Saban LIED about his fellow AFLAC spokesman and commercial co-star.

Here is the exact quote:

“I mean, Jackson State paid a guy a million dollars last year that was a really good Division I player to come to school. It was in the paper and they bragged about it. Nobody did anything about it.”

Everything that Nick Saban said was a lie.

---it was NOT "in the paper"
---they did NOT "brag about it"
---there is NO PROOF that anyone was paid "a million dollars", and Jackson State certainly did not pay it; it would have been completely legal for any company to pay Travis Hunter a million dollars, particularly if Dave Portnoy was involved, who cannot possibly be viewed as a Jackson State booster

And what is most offensive about what Nick Saban said there, and what is the biggest racist dog whistle, is that he called Travis Hunter "a really good Division I player". WHY? Because he is saying that Travis Hunter SHOULD HAVE chosen a Division I-A school, he was too good to choose a Division I-AA school. As if 4 and 5 star players are the exclusive province of Power Five schools, and that any other school that signs such a kid has committed some sort of violation or crime.

Saban's lies had the desired effect on his audience of Alabama boosters. It scared them and shook them into donating more money for Alabama to "buy" players in the same way that Jackson State and Miami and Texas A&M do.

And for the record, you are the one tossing around the words "racist" and "racism".

I very clearly said that Nick Saban's were intentionally coded to appeal to race fears, and that is the truth.
Deion seems to agree with you according to his response…

Advertisement
My favorite part of this interview is was the shpiel about parity and how college football has always created equity for all teams in scholarships and things like that. He conveniently didn’t mention his army of analysts or recruiting people compared to every team besides Georgia. But now it is inequitable!
Or the millions in facilities he has to scrap to make way for newer millions in facilities.

I actually believe Saban when he says they don't pay their players. They don't have to .....ANYMORE. When he first got there, Im 100% sure they were paying kids. But he did how it was supposed to be done, flipped it into national championships to where you don't have to advertise it. The boosters took over after that and he and the staff most likely had more plausible deniability.

Now, do Bama bagmen exsist? Yup. Does coach know it? Maybe, maybe not. Those first 5 years or so is all your really need. Thats why Im all in on Mr. Ruiz going ham up front. Build the foundation and let the coaching staff finish the rest on the field.
Tua was paid years after your five years. Gtfoh

Advertisement
He’s out of this thread for taking it down a rabbit hole. You’re out of this thread because the two of you are on mutual forced ignore so you must be clicking the “show ignored user content” thing and responding to him.

@Andrew anything to fix that would be appreciated. If not, we’ll just start giving infractions to guys who respond to or regarding the other when on mutual ignore which is what we’ve tried to do with this regarding otherwise solid+ posters.
@Andrew apparently these guys can straight up see each other and respond to each other when they’re on forced ignore. We need to fix it ASAP please.

Some highlights...

If you had a son who was a five-star prospect, how big of a check would a middle-tier program need to write for him to turn his back on what Nick Saban is offering? That answer may be different for everyone, but it should, logically, be somewhere in the hundreds of thousands — if not millions — of dollars. You could logically make the argument that playing for Saban, without NIL deals or financial promises, is worth 500 grand.

That’s what Saban has organically built at Alabama. That’s his life’s work. That’s his legacy. That’s what makes him the GOAT.

Yes, we all view Alabama as a football dynasty in a sport starving for parity. We all know about Saban’s six national championships at Alabama and the fact that every prospect who signed with him and stayed for four years has won a national title. That is mind-boggling.

But to a recruit, Alabama is offering something no other school can, at least at the same level: the promise of accumulating generational wealth through the NFL Draft for those who stay. Alabama has developed five-star prospects into high NFL Draft picks at a much more impressive clip than any other program in America. If you’re a kid with NFL dreams — and the wealth that comes along with realizing those dreams — you play for Saban. That’s worth a lot of money.

Go ahead and complain, Nick. People may laugh, but you’ve earned the right to say what’s on your mind.

This will make you feel better: You’re still going to win in the end even if Alabama never participates in facilitating NIL deals to high school athletes. Why? Because what you have built is infallibly attractive. NIL is the bird in the hand, and some prospects will take it. But playing for Alabama is an investment. Smart people invest.

This is an evolutionary time in this sport. Reformed transfer rules and the introduction of NIL have created some turbulence.

But don’t worry, Nick, your life’s work is still intact.

If I had a five-star prospect for a son, I’d view your sales pitch as more attractive than a lump of cash to play somewhere worse for someone worse. And I’m not alone in that.
This article is insanely ridiculous. I mean, if you have a bunch of 5 stars, they are more likely to become elite draft prospects. Let’s see saban develop a class of 3 star recruits. It’s a self fulfilling prophesy

This article is insanely ridiculous. I mean, if you have a bunch of 5 stars, they are more likely to become elite draft prospects. Let’s see saban develop a class of 3 star recruits. It’s a self fulfilling prophesy
Lets not forget the Nick Saban 5 star busts.

Aint no guarantees iN The NFL. Reporter is full of it.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back