2024 S Jaylen Heyward

Advertisement
CIS, I love ya you crazy sons of *******! From "we got roasted and need ALL the new guys to hit" to "that's a solid group"..LOL.

How 'bout WE DON'T KNOW? Because we don't.

I guess I'd call the 6 newcomers 'a solid group' (of prospects). And maybe that's what the poster meant.

Will say this - they threw #'s at the cb position and brought in a mix of vet's & youngsters. Those eval's by Alonzo & staff everyone's talking about..we'll find out👀.

Advertisement
We’ve had 4 transfer CB’s:

Brown
Richard
Davis
Freeney

Plus Stafford and Damari
The top two are the only ones I expect any actual return on this season or ever. Freeney is question mark so he may end up pretty good just it’s unlikely to be this season. Davis is depth and that’s it.

We’ll know really fast how serious it is or isn’t. There’s contact.
Okay. That's good to know it won't linger on much. It is interesting that supposedly the staff wasn't too fond of how he acted during his visit and yet, they're double backing. So maybe it probably wasn't as serious?

america dun GIF

Advertisement
It’s no mystery our CB been a dumpster fire. We’ve seen it on Gameday. We are hooing on the two transfers plus we signed two freshmen, the rest ain’t it. This room been wide open for anyone with a pulse to walk through and show something. No one has, so here we are yet again hoping the new arrivals are it.
Thats why I don’t get the transfer.

He was in position to challenge for a starting spot. WHY LEAVE? No one has been told they’re CB1 or 2 yet. All that’s to be decided in a couple weeks. I really liked this kid.

Likely answer is he wasn't going to challenge for a starting spot. He was down on the depth chart during the spring and they brought in a couple more transfers with experience. Odds are the kid just didn't have or do what it takes to see the field.

Thats why I don’t get the transfer.
That writing was on the wall… didn’t get burn last year. Starters get drafted, a serviceable backup who got burn transfers out (Blades), still not a starter in the spring and they bring in a slew of dudes at his position. He clearly didn’t get the “it’s your time… you’re our guy” speech.

✌🏾

Advertisement
OT: I know we are questioning the CB room, but have all the new guys got in yet. I haven’t really seen anything about Vanderbilt CB Ja’dais Richard playing here

Camp hasn’t started yet. We will all learn alot more about the depth chart and true quality we have. CJA will either earn his money or be gone. No more questions after this year. I hope I am wrong but my guess is we should have a new CB coach by spring practice. Hopefully at least a week before

Advertisement
Those are the schools ” he says “ are after him. Always take their words with a grain of salt in these interviews. The question is how many of those schools would accept his commitment if he popped tomorrow ?
I'd say RIGHT NOW he's either auburn or ucf as only legit options. Kid seems to have really ****ed some people off.

Advertisement
Back