2024 S Jaylen Heyward

Advertisement
Something is rotten here. @DMoney , @Geo305 , Gaby etc all virtually had him on immediate flip watch before his OV. After the OV, everyone suddenly had very terse statements that we weren't pursuing the flip anymore. Now UGA just dropped him? Fam, UGA doesn't drop players good players unless something else is going on.

Danger Warning GIF
The tune changed on him at the beginning of his OV not after. By Saturday afternoon media and Insiders were already reporting we were going to go a different route.

I have no inside info but if I were to guess I suspect instead of taking the opportunity to use the OV to do his due diligence he took it as a free vacation. He probably communicated a lot of interest to staff before visit than showed the opposite once here similar to Madden Sanker. Don’t think Mario has very much tolerance for that. Again no inside info just speculating

You don't have to have a doctorate in reading tea leaves to see what's going on here

InsiderBefore the OVAfter the OV
@DMoney- CB Jaylen Heyward (Rockledge) is a flip candidate this weekend. He is a Georgia commit but Miami has been working hard there for a while.Like Gaby on 247, I didn’t get good feedback on CB Jaylen Heyward (Rockledge). Several things at play there.
@Geo305Andrew thinks he's still a strong flip candidateNot an immediate flip candidate, recruitment will stretch out
GabyGaby says the Heyward situation has caused UM to turn up the heat (w/Knight III)
Through the Smoke podcast, Gaby says he feels the least confident about Heyward as a flip candidate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My thoughts EXACTLY.

So UGA just.. abruptly stopped (or slowed) communicating with him. The recruiting sites all dropped his ranking. Something happened on his official to UM that was so bad that it caused our coaches to back off despite our 1 man (Patterson) DB board. And now UCF is considered a legit option? All that's missing is a story about a crazy girlfriend, a handler and playing for multiple high schools.

I swear its like we're living in a video game and some of these recruits are generic character builds, who are destined to hit the portal. Anything's possible, but I seriously doubt he plays 3 full seasons for the team he signs with.
I think UGA was always trying to recruit over him and keep him committed as a fall back option

The tune changed on him at the beginning of his OV not after. By Saturday afternoon media and Insiders were already reporting we were going to go a different route.

I have no inside info but if I were to guess I suspect instead of taking the opportunity to use the OV to do his due diligence he took it as a free vacation. He probably communicated a lot of interest to staff before visit than showed the opposite once here similar to Madden Sanker. Don’t think Mario has very much tolerance for that. Again no inside info just speculating
Maybe he showed up stoned

1689727955442.gif

1689727969974.gif

Sanker was trying to recruit guys to Louisville on his OV to Miami. They immediately told him to leave once they found out.

Advertisement
I’d imagine it’s a touchy situation in general. Something happened on that visit and UGA pushing him out raises even more eyebrows. At the same time, unlike UGA we aren’t in position to turn down talent like this especially since we liked him at CB. So to do so would mean kid might be a cancer. That or TitanCane don’t know **** but I don’t know much about him. If not UGA it would be us if we are still interested.
At the same time, unlike UGA we aren’t in position to turn down talent like this especially since we liked him at CB. So to do so would mean kid might be a cancer.

This has to be it….if Mario is pushing talent away…there’s a VERY good reason

Advertisement
He probably communicated a lot of interest to staff before visit than showed the opposite once here similar to Madden Sanker. Don’t think Mario has very much tolerance for that. Again no inside info just speculating
Sanker was sent home early and the news leaked out quickly by a ton of reporters.

Universal silence with what happened with Heyward. Even Frank Tucker is afraid to leak out what happened (assuming he knows).

Mario, for whatever reason, doesn't want this leaking.

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

Something is rotten here. @DMoney , @Geo305 , Gaby etc all virtually had him on immediate flip watch before his OV. After the OV, everyone suddenly had very terse statements that we weren't pursuing the flip anymore. Now UGA just dropped him? Fam, UGA doesn't drop players good players unless something else is going on.

Danger Warning GIF

They dropped him as a recruit, & just kicked Smoke Bouie (#3 S from the class of ‘22 who transferred out of A&M and was suspended there).

Advertisement
want this kid in our class. I live in Brevard County and this kid can ball. Unless something crazy happened on his visit we need kids like this coming in every year.

I know the staff is pretty **** good at recruiting but I wish we’d see them pull more kids from schools like Rockledge and Cocoa
up here in Brevard! There is always top talent on those squads!
we got the cb from Eau Gallie just last class it aint our area and Brevard kids usually dont commit to us when we recruit them...we couldnt even land edges nephew.

Wasn't this the kid everyone was sweating like 2 months ago? The GA commit that was suppose to flip to us? Or is that another DB?

Advertisement
Back