S Avantae Williams sets UM official visit date

View as article
Advertisement
It seems the Canes will be getting another talented defensive back on campus when the dead period ends next week.

Sources with knowledge of the recruitment have told CanesInSight that 2020 Deland (FL) 4-star S Avantae Williams is planning to take an official visit to Miami on January 17th weekend. Originally, Williams was scheduled to play in the Polynesian Bowl in Hawaii during that time, but I'm told he has cancelled those those plans and will be on campus in Coral Gables instead next weekend. The Canes will also play host to fast-rising 2020 CB Ennis Rakestraw from Duncanville (TX) and St. Paul's Episcopal (AL) OT Brady Ward that same weekend.

The source also says Williams has locked in a visit with UGA on the final weekend before the February signing day, so the Deland star will be in Athens for January 31st weekend; Williams had previously scheduled an official visit to Florida the week of January 24th and that visit is still on.

At the Opening Orlando Regional in February, the 5-11 170 pound Williams recorded a 4.52 40-yard dash, a 4.25 shuttle time, and a 36.20 inch vertical leap.

They don’t learn. How many times can you get played before you stand up and say I will not be a cuck anymore!

Can’t win with you all. If it came out that he wanted to visit and the staff declined, you all would be talking **** about that too.

If he’s not coming, then he’s not coming but what exactly does allowing him to OV hurt? I’ve seen a million shoot your shot posts on CIS, why doesn’t that apply here?
I wouldn’t be critical of the staff when it comes to him. This is another Jobe situation. Why waste your time and resources to someone who you know isn’t interested in signing there? And even worse, he will troll you on social media when he decides on where to sign.
Manny loves social media and branding so he should understand players like him it ain’t a good look.

Advertisement
Can’t win with you all. If it came out that he wanted to visit and the staff declined, you all would be talking **** about that too.

If he’s not coming, then he’s not coming but what exactly does allowing him to OV hurt? I’ve seen a million shoot your shot posts on CIS, why doesn’t that apply here?
Lol why would you bring him for what? When’s the last time we’ve had positive traction on this kid? It’s like a 0% chance he comes here unless UGA or UF don’t want him and even at this point it doesn’t make sense to bring kids in to just take a visit. If you wanted him on campus for ***** and giggles I would’ve brought him in when Washington came last month.

Lol why would you bring him for what? When’s the last time we’ve had positive traction on this kid? It’s like a 0% chance he comes here unless UGA or UF don’t want him and even at this point it doesn’t make sense to bring kids in to just take a visit. If you wanted him on campus for ***** and giggles I would’ve brought him in when Washington came last month.
And watch him talk crap when he signs with someone else.

Advertisement
We have the dumbest **** bunch of coaches. There is a time for getting mad at them for getting lead on and failing to work on the back up. This is one of those times.

so the staff will spread themselves thinner that weekend, waste their finite time on a zero chance free meal family member of someone who just quit on them and is already talking **** instead of securing the backup plan. Amateur hour. God **** I can’t wait for the manny Diaz experiment to end.

Advertisement
Kid is playing with us. However if he actually came here I would try him at CB the second he got on campus.

I'm not saying hes coming here...but yall are funny. Dude canceled a trip to Hawaii to schedule this visit and yall saying he just trolling and not gonna show up?

Advertisement
We're not saying he's not gonna show up for his visit, we're saying EVERYONE but this stupid a$$ staff knows he's not going to COMMIT to us.

Bruh, nobody knows what decision this dude already made. He probably hasn't even decided yet. He been to campus so many times, cousin was on the team and had nearly full blown access to the athletic side of things. I don't think dude canceled a free trip to Hawaii just to hang out with the coaches and troll them.

If he wants to come here, great. If he doesn’t, no person on this board would be surprised. I would be more inclined to give props to our staff for getting him here. This is a win? He was committed here and walked away from it. Something other than weather, a free meal or “Miami” is bringing him to us. He’s been a complete roller coaster since his sophomore season. Let’s watch it play out. This staff has done a admirable job of recruiting and holding the class together after a terrible season and pathetic finish. I’m intrigued. FWIW I think a lot of posters are missing the story within the story. We are getting kids, that we thought we’d either lose or didn’t think had interest. The class is better than 6-7.

I'm not saying hes coming here...but yall are funny. Dude canceled a trip to Hawaii to schedule this visit and yall saying he just trolling and not gonna show up?

I doubt he cancelled that trip to the all star game just to visit Miami. I think he just agreed to the visit since he had no excuse any more to decline.

Let's see if he actually comes. Not worried about this kid at all.

Advertisement
Back