Rusty Medearis

Advertisement
Advertisement
No question about it, that was one of the top 10 individual performances by one of ours all time in my opinion. I couldn't even begin to pick a top 10 in order, but it was awesome to see in person.

What could've been with that man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rusty was awesome. Relentless & unstoppable at times. I love the suffocating style of play we had in those days (in all phases of the game). We attacked on defense. Our speed was an absolute killer in all phases. Our mindset & confidence put us over the top.

Let me tell you a story about Rusty.

If I’m not mistaken JJ went to a HS game to see a stud OL tackle and WALA this stud was get destroyed by Rust a skinny DE that absolutely annihilated the OL stud.

After the game JJ went straight to Rusty and ask if he’s being recruited, Rusty said he has ZERO offers or any corespondents from any college.

JJ said young man I’m coach JJ of the University of Miami Hurricanes and I’m offering you a full scholarship, will you please play for me.

Rusty broke down in tears , this moment ignited a 🔥 of PASSION that fueled Rusty to be one of the greatest DE in the U history.

True story brothers.

GOCANES

Advertisement

Rusty was borderline unstoppable!! Even with all of the injuries he had to deal with. Dude was still able to carve out a nice lil legendary career in a very short period of time.

That 91 team was nasty!!!!!!!

Go Canes!!!!

Owns a construction company in MO if memory serves....

Beast of a player.. **** shame his injury.

It was 1991. If you were posting on an internet board, the only person reading those posts was like Bill Gates.
bbs.jpg

Advertisement
Back