Russell Maryland’s kid....

Advertisement
They had a QB named Drew Tate about 15 years ago that was one of the ****iest kids I have ever seen. One of the teams that implemented the spread early and they could freaking chunk it. Went on to win B10 POTY at Iowa around 2005
Correct. When my cousin was there they had Clint Stoerner, who started at Arkansauce.

Wasnt riley dodge a qb at that power house at one time.

If Russell Maryland's kid doesnt have an offer right now and they offered that other te from tx that is pedestrian I'll be ****ed.
Michael Irvin son was solid here ..give lil Russell the scholly

Riley's dad Todd was the architect of Southlake Carroll's spread success in the early 2000s. He left just prior to 2007, which was Riley's senior year.... when he quarterbacked them in the Miami Northwestern game. That was the first year in 5 years they didn't make it to state and SLC has been on a slow but steady decline since then until Riley took over 2 years ago - they still go 3-4 rounds deep most year but haven't had that extra gear they used to have. Things are starting to look up again with Riley. They have a great shot at winning state in 2021.

Advertisement
@TheSwagger1 how'd you guys and DeSoto look? I'm working at Cedar Hill right now, and really looking forward to that game this season.

Desoto is loaded. Significantly better than last 2 years. Ole Claude has that Manny Portal pull and Collier and Co have matured. I wouldn’t be surprised if they play Duncanville very tight. Defense gave up a lot but SLC is going to do that to everyone this year. Eagle offense moved the ball at will.

SLC will have one of the best offenses in the country and a very average (at best) defense. Graduated all 11 starters on D last year and playing a BUNCH of kids who are physically a year away. Look out in 2021.

I can’t wait to see Chill this year. Football is better when Desoto and Chill got it going on. TTHL baby.

Big Russ was one of the best DTs in UM history and an even better person. He is one of the finest people to come thru UM and is a great ambassador for the U. Very humble guy but has told friends that Little Russ is “pretty good.”

He is loved in Southlake, I can tell you that. IIRC he has been involved in Digging for Dragons and other stuff for quite a while now.

He is loved in Southlake, I can tell you that. IIRC he has been involved in Digging for Dragons and other stuff for quite a while now.
Russ was with the Browns for several years as a life coach, helped lot of you guys in developing their NFL careers both on and off the field. Russell Maryland is one of the finest human beings I have ever met. He is respected by his teammates as much as any player in UM history. Got Jimmy’s last scholarship after NSD because of us losing a prop 48 kid opening the way for Big Russ. Only other offer to a directional Illinois school.

A few guys that had decent careers here at last year’s 30th anniversary of the 89 NC

1601156834582.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Hes balling in Tex. Has exciting potential if he could put on some weight.

Advertisement
Russ was with the Browns for several years as a life coach, helped lot of you guys in developing their NFL careers both on and off the field. Russell Maryland is one of the finest human beings I have ever met. He is respected by his teammates as much as any player in UM history. Got Jimmy’s last scholarship after NSD because of us losing a prop 48 kid opening the way for Big Russ. Only other offer to a directional Illinois school.

They went to Russell's school to look at another kid, and got lucky enough to meet Russell instead.

They went to Russell's school to look at another kid, and got lucky enough to meet Russell instead.
Correct, but we did not have room. Another kid did not qualify and Russ got the last ship. He almost signed with him NIU (I think that was the school) on signing day and his dad convinced him to wait and the rest is history. Contrary to the national spin, there were a lot of great people on those hurricane teams and Russell Maryland is very close to the top of the list when it comes to quality human beings.

Correct, but we did not have room. Another kid did not qualify and Russ got the last ship. He almost signed with him NIU (I think that was the school) on signing day and his dad convinced him to wait and the rest is history. Contrary to the national spin, there were a lot of great people on those hurricane teams and Russell Maryland is very close to the top of the list when it comes to quality human beings.

I went to school with Russell, we enrolled at the same time, and I could definitely point to many examples of his character and leadership. I was just talking about the way in which UM identified Russell as a recruit. Hubb Alexander went to Chicago to sign another player, DT Mel Agee (who decommitted at the last minute to sign with Illinois), and so we asked about other unsigned DL players in Chicago and found out about Russell. The scholarship opened up due to a flip, not an academic casualty (which, back then, you wouldn't find out about until August).

The only D-I school recruiting Russell was Indiana State (I'm a big Larry Bird fan, so I know about the Sycamores), and Russell had the grades to get into the Ivy League schools. Russell did very well at UM, academically and socially, and was tapped into Iron Arrow, the highest honor attainable at UM (the members of Iron Arrow wear their Seminole Indian jackets and go down onto the football field for the Homecoming pre-game festivities).

Advertisement
I went to school with Russell, we enrolled at the same time, and I could definitely point to many examples of his character and leadership. I was just talking about the way in which UM identified Russell as a recruit. Hubb Alexander went to Chicago to sign another player, DT Mel Agee (who decommitted at the last minute to sign with Illinois), and so we asked about other unsigned DL players in Chicago and found out about Russell. The scholarship opened up due to a flip, not an academic casualty (which, back then, you wouldn't find out about until August).

The only D-I school recruiting Russell was Indiana State (I'm a big Larry Bird fan, so I know about the Sycamores), and Russell had the grades to get into the Ivy League schools. Russell did very well at UM, academically and socially, and was tapped into Iron Arrow, the highest honor attainable at UM (the members of Iron Arrow wear their Seminole Indian jackets and go down onto the football field for the Homecoming pre-game festivities).
Good call on the flip, memory is fading. Yo are right on the character, called “The Conscience” by his teammates. Russell was the defensive leader in 89-90. Also Had the pleasure of knowing Big Russ since his days at UM and able to hook up in Cleveland when he was on staff with the Brown at Red. Dude still loves to eat.

Advertisement
Back