Russell Maryland’s kid....

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
.... could turn into a prospect this season. Just a junior this year.

6’3 210-ish Hback/TE/Jumbo WR type.

Southlake Carroll had their first scrimmage last night and Quinn Ewers chunked it to him quite a bit - looks like he is going to be a favorite target for Ewers, and Ewers is fixing to throw for 500 yards a game this year I have a feeling.

Probably a 4.8 kid but nice hands and feel for the game. A late bloomer, he played on defense a big chunk growing up but has found his niche catching the ball. I don't know if he will turn into a Miami type prospect, physically he probably doesn't quite have that burst or the ++ size to make him a high D1 guy at this point, but he's about to put up some big numbers this season and with his pedigree I'm sure his name would have come up eventually - so here he is.

#11 in the clips below

On a sidenote - check out this back foot bomb from a HS junior (Ewers). A *WOW* moment:

Last edited:
Advertisement
.... could turn into a prospect this season.

6’3 205-ish Hback/TE type.

Southlake Carroll had their first scrimmage last night and Quinn Ewers chunked it to him quite a bit, so he is going to put up some numbers.

Probably a 4.8 kid but nice hands and feel for the game. A late bloomer, he played on defense a big chunk growing up but has found his niche at TE spot.
Cool........Is he a c/o 2021 kid?

Sorry guys, I was trying on my phone and posted before I finished what I was typing. Edited original post.

@TheSwagger1 I know this will seem like a random out of the blue question, but there was a texas kid that you told us to keep an eye on a few years back that was a heck of an athlete. He was a safety but iirc I remember him being pretty **** tall (like 6'5 or so). Do you remember who I'm talking about? If so, whatever happened with him.

Advertisement
@TheSwagger1 I know this will seem like a random out of the blue question, but there was a texas kid that you told us to keep an eye on a few years back that was a heck of an athlete. He was a safety but iirc I remember him being pretty **** tall (like 6'5 or so). Do you remember who I'm talking about? If so, whatever happened with him.

Cam’ron Jones maybe? He got “signed” by Nebraska as part of their rejuvenated recruiting efforts when Frost got hired, and tore his shoulder up as a freshman. Realized he was living in Nebraska and transferred to SMU and getting time at linebacker for them this year. Prototype striker. 10.6 speed with a mean streak, loved to hit. I suspect he will be one of SMU’s best players by the end of the year if he stays healthy.

Last edited:
Cam’ron Jones maybe? He got “signed” by Nebraska as part of their rejuvenated recruiting efforts when Frost got hired, and tore his shoulder up as a freshman. Realized he was living in Nebraska and transferred to SMU and getting time at linebacker for them this year. Prototype striker. 10.6 speed with a mean streak, loved to hit. I suspect he will be one of SMU’s best players by the end of the year if he stays healthy.

That name doesn't sound familiar. I jsut remember it was an under the radar guy that you gave film on but I remember him being tall as **** and was wondering why in the world he was so underrated. I'm going to be forced to dig back through your posts this weekend! LOL I don't even know why this even popped back on my mind.

Maybe Tekarrian Cuba?

He was one of Gary Patterson’s finds and best defensive players on the 2010 (5th on team in tackles) and 2011 TCU teams (2nd on teams in tackles) that went 24-2 and let them rise to some national prominence.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well dam he grew an inch and lost 20 pounds and all it took was 8 posts.

Looks like a good player tho. That QB is dam good

On Feb 28th he tested at 201 pounds in Carroll’s spring testing session. From standing next to him I don’t think he’s any lighter since then. On height, he might be a roster 6’4 but at an NFL combine test setting I would put my money on 6’3 or a hair over. He tested at 6’3 on the nose in February. I’ve got pretty good sauces on SLC kids.

Did you all beat Lee one year before bowing out to Duncanville? Just don't feel like looking it up.

Midland Lee?

Smoked Lee last year 48-27 last year the week prior to Duncanville. It was one of those games that was over at halftime for all intents & purposes.

Advertisement
Midland Lee?

Smoked Lee last year 48-27 last year the week prior to Duncanville. It was one of those games that was over at halftime for all intents & purposes.
Yeah.

My cousin actually went to a different Lee, in Baytown. But they are a football afterthought.

Yeah.

My cousin actually went to a different Lee, in Baytown. But they are a football afterthought.

They had a QB named Drew Tate about 15 years ago that was one of the ****iest kids I have ever seen. One of the teams that implemented the spread early and they could freaking chunk it. Went on to win B10 POTY at Iowa around 2005

On Feb 28th he tested at 201 pounds in Carroll’s spring testing session. From standing next to him I don’t think he’s any lighter since then. On height, he might be a roster 6’4 but at an NFL combine test setting I would put my money on 6’3 or a hair over. He tested at 6’3 on the nose in February. I’ve got pretty good sauces on SLC kids.

RJ’s head coach weighs in on his weight tonight

😉

Advertisement
Back