Running Backs South Florida (All Time)

Advertisement
Can't argue with Central on that. Two schools that are definitely in the conversation are Springs and Southridge. It's been kinda dry at that position recently for both places but they both have an impressive list historically. Y'all know about the Davis Bros. & Kevin Smith but that '99-'00 backfield was LOADED. Them cats had about 5000 yards as a unit. Marion "Yam" Jackson, Curtis Cannon, Travis Glasford & Steve Miller. Burners, Bruisers, Slashers, Home Run Threats, they had it all. As far as Springs goes, Freddie Miles, Mitch Greene, the Troy Saunders/Dre McNeal combo in '94, Bookie Shavers(Johnson). Central was fortunate to get Willis, he could've easily been a Bull with Dante Jimerson. Y'all already know where he went first. And although they never played a down for them, Antwain Easterling & Chad Simpson are from the Brown Sub/Gladeview area(Springs Zone)....

Can't argue with Central on that. Two schools that are definitely in the conversation are Springs and Southridge. It's been kinda dry at that position recently for both places but they both have an impressive list historically. Y'all know about the Davis Bros. & Kevin Smith but that '99-'00 backfield was LOADED. Them cats had about 5000 yards as a unit. Marion "Yam" Jackson, Curtis Cannon, Travis Glasford & Steve Miller. Burners, Bruisers, Slashers, Home Run Threats, they had it all. As far as Springs goes, Freddie Miles, Mitch Greene, the Troy Saunders/Dre McNeal combo in '94, Bookie Shavers(Johnson). Central was fortunate to get Willis, he could've easily been a Bull with Dante Jimerson. Y'all already know where he went first. And although they never played a down for them, Antwain Easterling & Chad Simpson are from the Brown Sub/Gladeview area(Springs Zone)....
Did Markeith Cooper and Cecil Sapp overlap at Palmetto at all?

Advertisement

yea Chad Simpson i believe was at Edison when i was in High school. I think he is younger though. I remember Glasford at the ridge i think they went to states with that rb group

Advertisement
yea Chad Simpson i believe was at Edison when i was in High school. I think he is younger though. I remember Glasford at the ridge i think they went to states with that rb group
Pretty sure Chad was on their state title team along with Brouce Mompremier. I was in high school at that time.

He was and he is. Chad actually started out at American. He was a freshman when I was a senior. Dummies put him on JV when he was easily in the top 3 backs we had. I knew he was gonna leave, no doubt. I was kinda shocked when I saw him there because knew he was from around the way but he did play for Lakes Optimist so it made sense. Glasford came from one of them small private schools down south(Westminster, Carroll, one of em). Had about 2 bands the year before he went over. We played them that year and got WASHED. They had about 500 yards rushing that game. After they handed us our ****, I said them mutha****as gotta be going to States. Unfortunately, they couldn't get it done against Lincoln...

It's Central hands down.

Just off Peacock, Davenport, McGahee, Cadet, Freeman, Cook & Yearby alone they win it going away. And because Jedd was asking about him yesterday gotta mention Antwan Lundy who was **** good in his own right.

Immokalee might low key be in the top 5 with Albert Bentley, Edgerrin James & Javarris James.

It's Central hands down.

Just off Peacock, Davenport, McGahee, Cadet, Freeman, Cook & Yearby alone they win it going away. And because Jedd was asking about him yesterday gotta mention Antwan Lundy who was **** good in his own right.

Immokalee might low key be in the top 5 with Albert Bentley, Edgerrin James & Javarris James.
Maaan Twan was a beast. I think he shoulda stayed at Beach though. He got overshadowed by Willis naturally but he was a 1500+ yd type of back...

Advertisement
Miami Jackson is another school that should be mentioned...

They had a lot old school RB's that was before I was even alive, but one of my relatives who went to Jackson back in the day always used to tell me they had multiple dudes make the league that played during the 70's era like Mike Strachan, Joe McCall, Kenny Johnson & in the 90's they had Jeamillio Lewis (who was a beast) & in the 00's they had Stefan Logan.

He was and he is. Chad actually started out at American. He was a freshman when I was a senior. Dummies put him on JV when he was easily in the top 3 backs we had. I knew he was gonna leave, no doubt. I was kinda shocked when I saw him there because knew he was from around the way but he did play for Lakes Optimist so it made sense. Glasford came from one of them small private schools down south(Westminster, Carroll, one of em). Had about 2 bands the year before he went over. We played them that year and got WASHED. They had about 500 yards rushing that game. After they handed us our ****, I said them mutha****as gotta be going to States. Unfortunately, they couldn't get it done against Lincoln...

Yea Chad was the rb and my lil homie was the qb for that Edison group. I think they went 3rd round in playoffs.

Southridge had some heat in them days foreal...always was a scary team down south...they rose and won state few years back but fell back off again. I just made a post about southridge and whats going on down south. **** down south had some running backs then with the ridge kids, Bobby Washington at Killian, South dade rb that came here and played.

Miami central and it’s not close imo. Najeh, willis mcgahee, devonta freeman, dalvin cook, Joe yearby

Advertisement
Don’t sleep on my alma mater Columbus...

Zo Highsmith although he played primarily DE
Mike Reddick
Danyell Ferguson
John Mosure
Darrell Shepard
Jakhari Gore
Lorenzo Woodley
Brandon Radcliffe
Henry Parrish

Probably missing a few more.

Solid players not a lot of legends there but Mosure Ferguson Reddick Parrish were **** good backs.

Yea Chad was the rb and my lil homie was the qb for that Edison group. I think they went 3rd round in playoffs.

Southridge had some heat in them days foreal...always was a scary team down south...they rose and won state few years back but fell back off again. I just made a post about southridge and whats going on down south. **** down south had some running backs then with the ridge kids, Bobby Washington at Killian, South dade rb that came here and played.
Yeah that's my school ridges most recent rb was beno Thompson was committed to miami is currently at ucf

No one post highlights yet?.

Miami Central's own

s-l400.jpg

najeh-davenport-arrested-04112013.jpg

Advertisement
Back