Running back board

Nope. He will stay and get his degree. I know of the family a bit. I know his mom works for the longtime 'canes booster, dentist, Dr. Jack Light. The kid isn't bailing after his junior year unless he's already graduated, and maybe not even then.
Most football players plan their classes to graduate in 3 years. He is gone if he has a great year, like he is poised to. Running backs are the position with the least NFL life plus next year (if it turns out like we hope) will be the year where he gets his most carries. If Lingard is as good as we think and Deejay keeps progressing, Homer will realize it will be extremely hard for his draft stock to go any higher as they will get more touches

Advertisement
Sanders
McIntosh
Is my top 2 left on board.
Couldn't agree more. Sanders is an absolute freak NFL stud type RB imo and McIntosh is a beast in his own right and probably most complete back of the group

Most football players plan their classes to graduate in 3 years. He is gone if he has a great year, like he is poised to. Running backs are the position with the least NFL life plus next year (if it turns out like we hope) will be the year where he gets his most carries. If Lingard is as good as we think and Deejay keeps progressing, Homer will realize it will be extremely hard for his draft stock to go any higher as they will get more touches

It's pretty rare for a player at UM to graduate in 3 years. That's just not how they set up their schedules (I was a tutor as an undergrad). The more usual plan is to aim for the player to graduate in December after their Senior season.

Obviously there are exceptions and different situations (such as Sherrifs)

Nope. He will stay and get his degree. I know of the family a bit. I know his mom works for the longtime 'canes booster, dentist, Dr. Jack Light. The kid isn't bailing after his junior year unless he's already graduated, and maybe not even then.
Will take your word for it. I see Dr. Light and I think mega man.

Couldn't agree more. Sanders is an absolute freak NFL stud type RB imo and McIntosh is a beast in his own right and probably most complete back of the group

From his highlights, I just don't see it with McIntosh. I don't live in South Florida, so all I have to go on is highlights. And from his highlights, he doesn't look like he has much burst. Obviously, there are people who regard him very highly, but I'd love to hear/read more break down of his style of play.

Advertisement
Is Crowley open to playing Linebacker? I know there was chatter about him being deserving of an offer at both spots. That would allow us to target 2 more backs. Some of the others also have dual spot skills, so give them a chance to compete at RB and move them if they don't win?

Just wondering how we can get as many elite guys in the class as possible.

From his highlights, I just don't see it with McIntosh. I don't live in South Florida, so all I have to go on is highlights. And from his highlights, he doesn't look like he has much burst. Obviously, there are people who regard him very highly, but I'd love to hear/read more break down of his style of play.

I kind of agree. I see McIntosh as an elite prospect as an athlete. I do think he can be a good RB at the next level, but I think he might have even more potential elsewhere.

I see McIntosh as being able to develop at any of the following 3 positions at the next level: RB, S, LB.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I'm actually most intrigued by his potential at LB. I think his ceiling might be highest there. Some people have been mentioning the idea of Crowley being a LB. I have nothing to gauge his defensive ability off of, but I think Crowley is the more natural runner that can better translate to the next level. McIntosh is a big athlete and he is just a football player. He is a big kid that can add weight without losing athleticism. His athletic profile at LB would be awesome IMO. Reminds me of a Jon Beason type a little

Last edited:
I kind of agree. I see McIntosh as an elite prospect as an athlete. I do think he can be a good RB at the next level, but I think he might have even more potential elsewhere.

I see McIntosh as being able to develop at any of the following 3 positions at the next level: RB, S, LB.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I'm actually most intrigued by his potential at LB. I think his ceiling might be highest there. Some people have been mentioning the idea of Crowley being a LB. I have nothing to gauge his defensive ability off of, but I think Crowley is the more natural runner that can better translate to the next level. McIntosh is a big athlete and he is just a football player. He is a big kid that can add weight without losing athleticism. His athletic profile at LB would be awesome IMO. Reminds me of a Jon Beason type a little

I think the same way. Crowley's highlights show more natural running ability. Not that he couldn't play LB, but RB would be more optimal.
Between the two (and solely based on highlights), McIntosh seems more like a candidate to ultimately play LB.

Advertisement

If you watch McIntosh's highlights you'll immediately see two things that coach's covet and let you know he has natural instincts - 1. Superior balance 2. He's a pocket runner (rare & something Sanders has as well). Couple that with the fact that he is an elite receiver out of the backfield lets you know why he's so coveted and at the top of the board with Sanders.

There are some Aquinas people who feel that Carter is the best back ever at STA. Given the fact that Gio Bernard and James White played at STA that is pretty impressive. Keep in mind that STA didn't have much of a passing game last season and the fact that most opponents focused on stopping STA's running game.
Wilkerson would have stole his lunch everyday

1. Sanders
2a. Cain
2b. McIntosh
3a. King
3b. Carter
4. Mellusi

Not gonna include Nayquan Wright because they have not actively recruited him at all since Richt been here. Healthy Nayquan somewhere between 2 or 3 on the list.

Have seen a huge chunk of these guys live already. Me & Dmoney have debated for almost a year now if Kenny best position is safety or LB. We’re both leaning LB now, big boned kid like his brother RJ. I do think he’s a good RB but he could be great on defense, and have felt this way since I first saw him playing S 8th grade for Uschool. Certain game where he sticks out against Booker T on defense from about a year ago.

Not to be the I told you so guy, but when Crowley first committed I said he would blow up. He is a great athlete, excels in 7on7 as a receiver. Big body and quick with great feet and very physical. We don’t have a back like him on this roster yet. Sanders is the top dog but Crowley not too far behind.

Keshawn King is very very underrated and has size and speed and great on the track. They made the right choice with Crowley but King was very close.

I’ve watched Daniel Carter since he was actually in little league. I do like him and he’s a great athlete as he’s showcased LB before too.

It’s a loaded year for RBs, even a guy like Vincent Davis is gonna go under the radar and do well.

New to the board.
I must be in the minority that thinks Cain is right behind Sanders. Cain is also the only RB that put clips of Pass Protection in his highlights. That's a sign that he knows what it takes to see the field early as a RB.

Carter's film looks really good.
Crowley looks good. But he's lower on my list. Im a speed guy. Speed kills.

Advertisement
New to the board.
I must be in the minority that thinks Cain is right behind Sanders. Cain is also the only RB that put clips of Pass Protection in his highlights. That's a sign that he knows what it takes to see the field early as a RB.

Carter's film looks really good.
Crowley looks good. But he's lower on my list. Im a speed guy. Speed kills.

Ya I have heard Sanders is outshining Cain during camps, and I have no prob putting Sanders above him, but Cain is a big time back and very close. Love his feet and vision, and his pad level and ability to make himself small through the wash.

1 Sanders (Freak)
1B Cain
2 Crawley
2B Mcintosh
3 Carter
4 Wright
5. Mellusi

Wright is right there w the 3 backs ahead of him if he proves he's carrying the new weight well and can stay healthy.

Not sure why people keep putting Melussi at the bottom of the list. His highlight film is one homerun TD run after another mixed with pass catching.

What a I missing?

Regardless of who we add as the second RB in this class, it would be great if we could find room for Melussi somehow.

Last edited:
A lot of folks tend to have their personal rankings that match the recruiting list rankings - rightfully or wrongfully.

Not sure why people keep putting Melussi at the bottom of the list. His highlight film is one homerun TD run after another mixed with pass catching.

What a I missing?

Regardless of who we add as the second RB in this class, it would be great if we could find room for Melussi somehow.

Advertisement
Saunders is elite no doubt about it, would love to have the kid at the U.
Macintosh is also up there.
Carter to me is very similar to Walton and Crowley is very much like Homer. Some would say that's a good thing others would say we need even more elite talent. I just think all these guys will be great at Miami because I feel our line play is going to get exponentially better in the next two years.

What a I missing?

He can certainly scoot! There are just so many good RBs in '19. Judging off videos, my favorite other than Sanders is Davis from Cardinal Gibbons. But I like Mellusi a lot also. Both are home run threats every time they touch the ball.

Advertisement
Back