Running back board

Advertisement
Before he left, Ariz had mentioned that one out of McIntosh and the IMG RBs were in the top tier to join Crowley.

But since Mellusi from Naples visited at the same time as the IMG RBs, you have to wonder if he's considered at the same level as those two.

At any rate, Richt and Brown have done well with choosing RBs who produce, so we should be fine with who we end up with.

Before he left, Ariz had mentioned that one out of McIntosh and the IMG RBs were in the top tier to join Crowley.

But since Mellusi from Naples visited at the same time as the IMG RBs, you have to wonder if he's considered at the same level as those two.

At any rate, Richt and Brown have done well with choosing RBs who produce, so we should be fine with who we end up with.

I think Trey and Noah are 1A and 1B

I don't think Mellusi is going to get a big push unless we don't land one of the big boys.

Not discrediting him as a prospect, but we are swinging for the stars.

Advertisement
daniel carter is legit
most of the Rbs in this class we're targeting are legit.
The question is who's the most legit if you can put a definitive ranking to it. The most i can see us taking is 2 pure rbs and 1 guy as an athlete. and assuming richards is going to be smart and play s or even wr.
1. sanders
2. cain
3. mcintosh
4 crowley
5. carter
6. wright

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Crowley commitment caught me off guard (not based on his talent but so many big names had been connected to us). Which stud is going to fill that spot. Browns got a good problem in front of him. Pick a 5 star.

Advertisement
I think Homer is gone after this season.
DeeJay is also a 3 and out candidate as well.
Gotta put the Lingawd in that category, too.
Camron is an underrated baller, and who knows with these S. Florida kids.
I'd be surprised if Burns ever plays a meaningful down here (but I'm happy to be proven wrong).

I don't think it would be outrageous or overkill for us to take 3 backs this year.

Crowley isn't going anywhere and not getting pushed out. I don't think either of the img guys come, so my top choices would be McIntosh and Carter. If they want in, take em.

I'd rank the non committed as follows:

Sanders
Carter
Mellusi
McIntosh
Cain
King

Not too impressed with Cain. Someone has also said he's a step slow. Crowley is somewhere between Carter and Mellusi.

Advertisement
I just watched Crowley tape for the first time and I was surprised how big he was. His feet look great for a player that size and he is a definite take don’t know what some of you guys are seeing. Don’t be surprised when he becomes a four star and Alabama offer him...They love to take rbs like him

I love Mellusi's highlight tape.
Carter
Sanders
McIntosh
Mellusi

I might put Mellusi in Top three but the line is pretty thin between the top 3 to 4 guys this year.

Recognizing its just highlight film, Mellusi just has so many homeruns on his highlight tape. You can see him beat safeties who take good angles. Speed is undeniable. Hate to say it but reminds me a lot of D. Cook.

I also liked seeing him line up in the slot and make some catches over the middle.

My two cents, Carter and Mellusi may be the most complete all-around backs. Again, Mcintosh and Wright are right there as well.

Sanders just looks like he could line up for D1 today.

Sanders
McIntosh (has the most complete game out of all the RBs)
Crowley
Cain
...then the rest

Advertisement
Back