Running back board

Advertisement
After watching all the film, I rank them like this:

1. Sanders. He’s the Todd Gurley type back this year that can be a true workhorse like Lo.

2A. McIntosh. Extremely physical, seems to bounce off people with ease and bounces up immediately after being tackled. Honestly looks bored at times like he isn’t being challenged enough.

2B. Mellusi. Really surprised me, didn’t expect him to be that good. He’s a Travis Homer clone imo, just without the strong finishes to his runs. Just a pure athlete plain and simple, looks like a WR playing RB and I could see him playing any skill position on offense or defense. Speed for days.

4. Crowley. Very underrated, been trying to set people straight since he committed.

5. Vincent Davis Jr. Love his game, any other year he may be committed already.

6. King. Speed is notable, just doesn’t get caught. Very similar player to current UCF and former Miami commit out of South Dade, Jawon Hamilton - still think we should’ve taken him btw.

7. Cain. Just doesn’t impress me that much. Has a lot of good traits and is certainly talented, but he just strikes me as a guy that seems like he’s closer to maxed out than the rest and I wonder how much better he can get. A lot of the others have better frames and will get bigger and faster whereas he’s already short with a thick build. Maybe I’m crazy.

Carter just doesn’t impress me. Poor man’s version of Duke Johnson. Very similar running style but not nearly as talented. I know I’ll take flak for that lol.

Last edited:
There are some Aquinas people who feel that Carter is the best back ever at STA. Given the fact that Gio Bernard and James White played at STA that is pretty impressive. Keep in mind that STA didn't have much of a passing game last season and the fact that most opponents focused on stopping STA's running game.

I think Homer is gone after this season.
DeeJay is also a 3 and out candidate as well.

Gotta put the Lingawd in that category, too.
Camron is an underrated baller, and who knows with these S. Florida kids.
I'd be surprised if Burns ever plays a meaningful down here (but I'm happy to be proven wrong).

I don't think it would be outrageous or overkill for us to take 3 backs this year.

Crowley isn't going anywhere and not getting pushed out. I don't think either of the img guys come, so my top choices would be McIntosh and Carter. If they want in, take em.
I think this is a serious reach. We have to get out of the mindset of thinking that every player who has a decent season or two, is automatically leaving early for the draft.

Advertisement
Crowley is underrated. Go watch his single game highlights against some of the top schools.
Power back with vision and feet, Jesus go watch L. Blount if you want to see what that looks like on a NFL level.

I think this is a serious reach. We have to get out of the mindset of thinking that every player who has a decent season or two, is automatically leaving early for the draft.
We have to get out of the mindset that these kids are thinking logically and rationally. Im not saying they should leave or are worthy of leaving early. Just saying I think they will.

Grab Crowley, one of Mellusi/King and McIntosh and Richards as ATH and call it a day. Both likely end up on defense.

Advertisement
Carter
There are some Aquinas people who feel that Carter is the best back ever at STA. Given the fact that Gio Bernard and James White played at STA that is pretty impressive. Keep in mind that STA didn't have much of a passing game last season and the fact that most opponents focused on stopping STA's running game.
Kid looks fast on film...has it all....IMO

Last edited:
Where do you think McIntosh ends up playing?

I could see him at Safety. Or RB still to be honest. But I think the others mentioned are pure runners and McIntosh could find a spot in multiple areas. Gotta take him as a legacy and with his relationship to Spaghetti. Not that he isn't worthy on his own. Him as the 2nd RB alone would be a very nice haul.

It gives us more flexibility and gets the most talent on the roster. Whoever doesn't cut it, switch positions or transfer.

Advertisement
Drop his HUDL and while you're at it drop a few of the top guys hudl. We should have this already so we can truly compare. Thanks
Sanders is obviously the best prospect...Carter could possibly end up better in college...IMO...looks like there are several really good prospects this cycle...Mcintosh and Richards are both great athletes....the list goes on..

Thats pretty high praise.
I think Mcintosh, Crowey, and Carter are the best RBs we have a really good shot with. Sanders and Cain are longshots, but if we can get one, I absolutely think they're takes over one of the other 3.
And I think at this point Nayquan Wright is just below those 3.
I don't think its a very good idea taking 3 Rbs, but I guess mcintosh can be taken as an athlete. And hopefully Richards doesn't make a stupid decision and decide RB is his position. He'd be making a big mistake not playing S or WR.

After watching all the film, I rank them like this:

1. Sanders. He’s the Todd Gurley type back this year that can be a true workhorse like Lo.

2A. McIntosh. Extremely physical, seems to bounce off people with ease and bounces up immediately after being tackled. Honestly looks bored at times like he isn’t being challenged enough.

2B. Mellusi. Really surprised me, didn’t expect him to be that good. He’s a Travis Homer clone imo, just without the strong finishes to his runs. Just a pure athlete plain and simple, looks like a WR playing RB and I could see him playing any skill position on offense or defense. Speed for days.

4. Crowley. Very underrated, been trying to set people straight since he committed.

5. Vincent Davis Jr. Love his game, any other year he may be committed already.

6. King. Speed is notable, just doesn’t get caught. Very similar player to current UCF and former Miami commit out of South Dade, Jawon Hamilton - still think we should’ve taken him btw.

7. Cain. Just doesn’t impress me that much. Has a lot of good traits and is certainly talented, but he just strikes me as a guy that seems like he’s closer to maxed out than the rest and I wonder how much better he can get. A lot of the others have better frames and will get bigger and faster whereas he’s already short with a thick build. Maybe I’m crazy.

Carter just doesn’t impress me. Poor man’s version of Duke Johnson. Very similar running style but not nearly as talented. I know I’ll take flak for that lol.

Agree with #1. I just dont see it with Mcintosh. Looks to me to be a product of his comp. LOVE Crowleys film.Like Davis too hes a straight baller. Reminds me a little of Warrick Dunn. Carter looks like he has legit speed and quickness.

Advertisement
First time watching all the films. This staff is gonna have a hard time picking The Who’s who

Crowley: Honestly... love his game. Hes decisive. He finds the hole quick and hits it hard. Reads blocks quick and gets north. Has great balance and can finish. It’s been a long time since we had a back like him. Seems like a natural. And a bonus that he has great hands.

Carter: what’s not to like? Kid is fast. Plays for a big time local program that puts out D1 kids like M&Ms. Another back with great vision and balance. Noticing a trend here with balance and vision. Plays top comp.

Sanders: I really wasn’t that impressed with that film as others. IMG has a better OL then Wake Forest. He looks like a jumbo athlete on film. (Have not seen height or weights listed on any back).

Mellusi: I think very similar to Crowley in the sense that he is a decisive runner. Finds the hole, hits it hard. HAS SERIOUS SPEED. Another back with balance and vision. I also like the fact hes in a run oriented offense. Again I haven’t seen size attributes but he seemed a little smaller the Crowley but faster. Another pass catcher.

Mac: comes from a family with good football genetics. Cane legacy. Another back with great vision and balance. Seemed to bounce off people regularly. Also looks like he could play multiple positions. I don’t kno if people will agree, but he reminds me of that do it all player from NCST last year. Samuels? Dude lined up everywhere on O and dominated people.

Honestly you can’t go wrong here. I wonder what the RB really looks like and how many we are going to take. Crowley is the goods.

If I’m the coaches I got after everyone of them hard and let chips fall. Tough spot to be in. STA is the local power that send kids to UM on the regular and those kids have a high hit rate. Mac is a legacy. Sanders is a national elite according to many. Mellusi is a west fla kid with no ties.

Good thing is... Brown knows what he is looking for.

most of the Rbs in this class we're targeting are legit.
The question is who's the most legit if you can put a definitive ranking to it. The most i can see us taking is 2 pure rbs and 1 guy as an athlete. and assuming richards is going to be smart and play s or even wr.
1. sanders
2. cain
3. mcintosh
4 crowley
5. carter or wright?

Months ago I looked at Wright's video and was impressed. If he's just barely in top 6 this is an impressive group.

I think Homer is gone after this season.
DeeJay is also a 3 and out candidate as well.
Gotta put the Lingawd in that category, too.
Camron is an underrated baller, and who knows with these S. Florida kids.
I'd be surprised if Burns ever plays a meaningful down here (but I'm happy to be proven wrong).

I don't think it would be outrageous or overkill for us to take 3 backs this year.

Crowley isn't going anywhere and not getting pushed out. I don't think either of the img guys come, so my top choices would be McIntosh and Carter. If they want in, take em.

Nope. He will stay and get his degree. I know of the family a bit. I know his mom works for the longtime 'canes booster, dentist, Dr. Jack Light. The kid isn't bailing after his junior year unless he's already graduated, and maybe not even then.

Advertisement
Back