Runing backs - rank em

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
Curious to see board's opinion on this. Looks like there will be some tough decisions to be made next year. I'm throwing Homer in here for fun.

Travis Homer
Robert Burns
Anthony McFarland
Kyshaun Bryan
Bentavious Thompson

Advertisement
Robert burns should be number 1. He has the best blend of speed and power that Miami has recruited in years( not including cook)

I've only seen highlights for MacFarland, and that boy was smokin. If there are guys better than him, then I would be happy to be in the running for any of em.

Advertisement
Burns
Homer/McFarland
Bentavious
Bryan

Seen 4 out of the 5 in person.

Burns issue is being injury prone. Was hurt most of this past season and a little bit his sophomore year. He gets over that hump, sky is the limit.

Bentavious best in between tackles, great hands. Not fast but good speed. He's a chip away at the defense type. If he had elite athleticism would make case for #2 on list. Keep an eye on Booker T and Southridge to get him to transfer out of Killian. Booker T wanted him really bad before this past season.

Bryan is nice but not elite athlete like Burns and Homer.

Last edited:
[MENTION=16]TheSwagger1[/MENTION] I know what your concern is.

Bentavious age and grades is the concern and Richt is extremely cautious with kids like that. Is he worth taking? Yes, I've seen him live. Would be ideal to bring 3 next year (Burns, McFarland, Thompson)

Is there a possibility of Richt slowing down on him.... I think there is and its because of the concerns.

Advertisement
Love Homer's tape and kid still only 17 kid has some serious potential.

Burns is the big back we need.

Burns/McFarland
Homer
Bryan
Thompson

I think there's quite a gap between Burns and Bryan if we're talking about next year's class. Bryan doesn't seem to have much top-end speed and doesn't stand out athletically despite only weighing 185-190 pounds. Burns' biggest issue is his durability, but he's a phenomenal athlete with better size and a far higher ceiling. Burns and McFarland should be prioritized far more than Bryan for next year's class.

Could have been so much better if it was a series of chongas on treadmills.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Homer is the best. Every time I watch his tapes they scream Christian McCaffery.

Nah, watch burns tape

Homer
McFarland
Burns (to many unknowns at this point)
Bentavious
Bryan

Homers tape and running style impresses me more. He make people miss with quick small north cuts and gets to top end quickly and stays there more than any other of these back. Looks very much like a back that would excel in the NFL to me. He is also a tough runner with great speed. He is running 4.4s now and I have seen some shuttle times in the 3.9s. He could be a 4.3 guys before its all over with.

Everybody is really high on mcFarland and his tape is crazy impressive. He looks like an absolute burner. Maybe even the fastest of the bunch but I have yet to see a 40 or a shuttle time for him. He is a track guy but it looks like he runs the 400. i know Dematha is a killer school for athletics but I would think a dude with that kind of burn with be running a shorter sprint. This kid would be the smallest of the bunch but not by much and he seems to be pretty tough as well.

I think Burns gets a lot of props for being young and showing out at the camps as a freak athlete for his age. ESPN is really high on him but I still want to see him kill it in his senior year. Some guys just peak early on. If he can put the injuries behind him and keep improving with his speed and put up some better 40 times or shuttle times then he could end up being the real deal. I know his 40 and shuttle times were taken from being 15 yrs olds but what are his times now? Does anyone know? He obviously will have great size but something about his running style makes me wonder where he would fall. Just seems like to much energy and movement to make cuts. I tend to think the smoother guys that keep moving north end up transitioning to college the best. In highschool he is a man child against boys but will he keep getting better with all these injuries?

I need to watch more (preferably live) but based on what I've seen, I like Homer more than Burns and Thompson.

I wish Burns could transfer so we can see what he can do. He is fast once he gets going but he doesn't look very light on his feet.

2017 RB Markenzy Pierre (6'0" 210lbs) from Liberty HS in Poinciana, FL (his team is terrible but he made 1st team Allstate RB) needs to be in this discussion.

[HUDL]athlete/4299062/highlights/301054396[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Back