Run game is more important than QB

So Tony, since you love our staff so much, and they are so brilliant, i assume we are winning the ACC next year, right?

Or at minimum go 11-2?

Advertisement
Dude its year 3. If the staff hasnt turned it around after 3 years they never will.

It doesnt take this long to win in college football. Stop kicking the can down the road.
Yeah it's year three. And the first 2 years Searels had this **** to weed out.

Golden Girls.jpg

A little more of this and a lot less of that ***goty **** above and we should be running the ball just fine.

Donaldson and StLouis.jpg
Realus George.jpg

LOL so we are still blaming Al Golden for Mark Richt's team?

It's. Year. THREE.

People like you pulled this same ish defending Golden. "He needs to get rid of Randy's players and he needs time!"

And pulled the same thing defending Randy. "The country club culture has to be removed, Coker's players sucked and Randy needs time"

Here's a hint. If you find yourself, after multiple years of a coaching staff, saying "he needs to get rid of the bad players", then you are likely defending a corch.

It's so odd that Pete Carroll, Jimbo, Saban, Urban, etc etc etc never seem to have a problem winning with other coaches players. Only our coaches do.....

Advertisement
Thinking about it today, if the OL ends up being hot garbage, I had the thought that it might be better to have the faster more athletic QB under center, even if he's a bit more inaccurate because he can scramble and make more plays with his legs.

Just a thought, because all we keep hearing about is the QB's making the reads and running the offense properly, but a read won't matter if he's running for his life.

It's so odd that Pete Carroll, Jimbo, Saban, Urban, etc etc etc never seem to have a problem winning with other coaches players. Only our coaches do.....

What? The only one of those coaches who didn't experience a couple years of transition when taking over for a coach is Urban.

Carroll's first 2 years at USC
- 6-6
- 11-2 (won the orange bowl; we lost in the orange bowl)

Jimbo's first 2 years at FSU
- 10-4
- 9-4

Saban's first 2 years at LSU
- 8-4
- 10-3 (third year he went 8-5)

Saban's first 2 years at Bama
- 7-6
- 12-2

Richt's first 2 years at Miami
- 9-4
- 10-3

Sh*t needs to be fixed, but you gotta relax with being overly emotional and throwing random sh*t against the wall

Advertisement
In Richt's O we need to be able to pass, period. We aren't bringing in so many elite WRs to be a pound the rock type of team. In OUR O, we need a QB that can complete what is commonly known as the forward pass. Do that and our run game will be fine. Don't do that and we will struggle. It's really that simple. We aren't Bama, and won't have their O-line for a while. Once we do we will have that ability. Until then, we need our QB to be accurate.

I agree with you, but our offense was way too unbalanced last year. We don’t have a dominate OL yet that can impose its will on defenses and run it down their throats. But we also don’t have a QB yet who we can count on to sling it all game long.

Way too many 3 and outs last year simply because we could not run block. To be fair, our OL talent was still spotty, and the schedule without the normal Bye really took its toll on the OL.

That said, I want to see the OL take the next step next season. If they can enforce the run game effectively, we go undefeated in the regular season. And we should be able to see more dominant wins and fewer squeakers. If not and we have a repeat of last season’s fade, we go 10-2 heading into the ACCCG.

It's. Year. THREE.

People like you pulled this same ish defending Golden. "He needs to get rid of Randy's players and he needs time!"

And pulled the same thing defending Randy. "The country club culture has to be removed, Coker's players sucked and Randy needs time"

Here's a hint. If you find yourself, after multiple years of a coaching staff, saying "he needs to get rid of the bad players", then you are likely defending a corch.

6-7
8-5
9-4
10-3

Those last two are with Richt (and Searels). A learned person might say we are trending in the right direction. You may not like it, but it usually takes getting the pieces in place before a coach can successfully install their system. Sometimes it's different. Saban to LSU from Michigan State, then to Bama from LSU...all three of those teams play three yards and a cloud of dust football. No huge transformation needed to take place.

We have had tons of elite and NFL OL over the years.

Its year THREE bro. If the OL is still garbage thats on the staff.
Except for the fact that position group, and their counterparts on def, are the two longest developing (player/physically) positions on the field! ...sure..its year 3, but what did we have to work with from the beginning?
I'm not excusing searels..just saying..that position group, gonna take a minute to get to where we need to be. Trench bullies don't grow on trees round these parts...not like out west in the cornfields of Nebraska, Oklahoma n such!!

Advertisement

It's. Year. THREE.

It’s year three folks. Did you hear that? The 2018 season already happened!

So Tony, since you love our staff so much, and they are so brilliant, i assume we are winning the ACC next year, right?

Or at minimum go 11-2?

Anyone expecting us to go 11-2 is a moron.

I think you’re the old troll “WilforkHOF”.

When teams can play straight up across the board, you've got a problem. To this point, Richt and company haven't been able to challenge defenses offensively. I don't believe its a personnel issue, but a coaching issue.

I think his offense sucks if I'm being frank. Even if it's a combination of everything (player availability, talent, etc), there's no excuse for our third down conversion percentages or scoring in the red zone.

I feel that a lot of coaches across the land could've done far better than we have in both departments. Same thing basically on defense, but that's another topic.

Advertisement
Hey @topcane, what’s your deal running around negging everything I post? You got something personal we need to sort or do you need to see a doctor to help with your obsession? You got something on your chest you want to talk about? Seriously brah. This **** ain’t healthy. I’m worried I’m gonna say something that causes a hotel maid to find your blue *** in the shower with s towel around your neck.

9FD7ED1F-7B10-4A5F-AEC3-C0C3315424F7.jpeg

Richt has done a good job thus far and it's clear to me that it's not the schemes we run that have held us back, it's the talent. Obviously, our upperclassmen the past couple years weren't even recruited by Richt. We're trending up, both in terms of our record the past couple years under Richt, as well as the fact that our best players may just be our juniors and younger.

The run game is lacking because the area we are mostly in need of help: offensive line. When you saw how we matched up against Clemson and Wisconsin it was clear as day that we were bullied in the trenches. Our linemen looked in need of some serious S&C. Again, many of them weren't Richt's recruits and the ones who were his were underclassmen. Let's give him a couple more years before posting crap like he's supposed to have turned it around already. We would have won 11 last year if not for the Ark St cancellation, too. I like what I'm seeing from our young QBs and so it's really just the trenches that need to get up to speed and we can go into big games like the ACCCG and the playoffs realistically expecting to win.

Advertisement
Back