Rumph

I get the impression that every time Rumph visits a recruit's house he blows up the bathroom.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
I’d argue he’s the best on field coach, obviously recruiting hasn’t been good so balance that however you’d like. I think patke is great with the OLBs/strikers, leaves some to be desired on special teams though
Our STs have been *** since the Roman Empire...

The difference is, for whatever reason, Diaz doesn’t assign Patke to recruit.

I can’t recall him ever being mentioned as a prospect’s lead recruiter.

Rumph has and he’s struck out a million times.

Excuses for Patke. Wow.

They suck at recruiting, including Manure DAss. There is no excuse. They've been there 4 years.

Manny Diaz is worse, he’s at the top but been a terrible recruiter since he got here as DC.

Then Patke, another Diaz special, is an even worse recruiter than Diaz and Rumph.

Rumph isn’t a good recruiter but he’s not worse than Diaz and Patke.

Advertisement
A strong case can be made that Rumph is the worst recruiting Miami assistant of the modern era (2000 on). The guy has decimated Miami’s CB depth from a numbers and talent perspective.

He’s horribly whiffed on local talent in arguably the deepest pool of cornerbacks in the country year after year after year where even an average recruiter (Banda) would land reasonable numbers. Half of the players he’s landed (arguably the best ones) were guys that would have come to Miami no matter what (Bandy & Blades). LSU dropped Williams at the last second and Ivey was a scrub after everyone else feasted on south Florida’s CB talent. Kids literally run away from the guy.

I know some will argue he’s a decent technique teacher, and regardless if you’re right or not he’s so unbelievably bad as a recruiter it really doesn’t matter. He can’t land the talent level needed with his coaching to put a Miami level cornerback core out on the field.

How in the world is this guy about to be retained for a 5th season? How?! Miami’s CB room has been decimated as Golden’s cornerbacks have graduated out. Who cares if he’s Miami alum. He doesn’t even coach safety’s for gods sakes.

You need not look any further than Rumph being retained to know Manny Diaz isn’t the guy. You can’t look fans/recruits/players in the eye and say you want to win ACC championships let alone a national championship and retain guys like this.... it simply doesn’t add up. You cannot compete on that level with the dearth in talent that Rumph puts you in (same thing Kehoe did). We used to have Antrel Rolle at CB. Now we have total scrubs. That’s not what a Miami cornerback core looks like!
This has been posted at least 10 times, please update us when he is fired!

Rumph is an awful recruiter, no debating.

But I think Patke is even worse, he's never landed anybody... Like at all.

I'd replace them both with better recruiters.

If fans knew who he was...they'd agree with you.

Most probably think he's a defensive quality control ball boy setting up drills n ****.

Or a derogatory term.for a Pakistani.

But definitely not an actual staff member, no.

The difference is, for whatever reason, Diaz doesn’t assign Patke to recruit.

I can’t recall him ever being mentioned as a prospect’s lead recruiter.

Rumph has and he’s struck out a million times.

Perhaps it’s because Patke has his hands full being a terrible LBs and ST coach?

Advertisement
Perhaps it’s because Patke has his hands full being a terrible LBs and ST coach?
Patke actually improved quite a bit over the course of the season. Our field goal kicking was trash but that’s because our field goal kicker’s were trash not because of Patke. The unit started a little shaky on the season but by the end of the year they were actually quite good. Considering it was his first year as a special teams coach overall I think he’s going places there.

As a striker coach he’s a waste of a position; therefore he should be in an elite recruiter which he is not. Overall they’re much better opportunities to make changes on the staff in Rumph, Banda, Blake. Since **** is actually decent special teams coach and not a bad strikers coach. Decent special teams guys are hard to get their hands on.

Remember when this goof Rumph went to "therapy" to help him recruit...I mean ya gotta do what you gotta do. But was there really a need to announce that to the world?
If Rumph doesn't use some of his salary or some of his nfl savings,he's not landing any top cbs.

Patke actually improved quite a bit over the course of the season. Our field goal kicking was trash but that’s because our field goal kicker’s were trash not because of Patke. The unit started a little shaky on the season but by the end of the year they were actually quite good. Considering it was his first year as a special teams coach overall I think he’s going places there.

As a striker coach he’s a waste of a position; therefore he should be in an elite recruiter which he is not. Overall they’re much better opportunities to make changes on the staff in Rumph, Banda, Blake. Since **** is actually decent special teams coach and not a bad strikers coach. Decent special teams guys are hard to get their hands on.
Decent STs guys are Not hard to find...

Advertisement
Advertisement
None of these clowns coaching the D will take us to the championship.... will be the waste of another season

He was doing in-homes the year we made him a full time coach. I’m spazzing on the name but I want to say it was a big time recruit that we didn’t land.
Keondre Coburn, the DT from Texas. Patke took the lead and shot a full court heave to try to get him late.

And indisputably worse as a developer. (Not that I'm sticking up for Rumph)

So what you will about Williams but he at least produced a first rounder. With a front 7 that rarely crossed the line of scrimmage. For all Rumph's "developing" he's got 2 5th rounders with one of the most disruptive front 7s in the country.

A position coach follows the direction of the Coordinator whether it be scheme or recruiting.
Anyone who says Rumph can’t coach doesn’t know wtf they’re talking about. Period.

Advertisement
Back