Rumph

Advertisement
Rumph could not even recruit the players he coached in high school to come here. That tells you all you need to know! Rumph and Patke are both useless, because they can't coach either. This is not news because you will find many prior posts on how bad they are, but I guess one more post stating the obvious won't hurt.
Manny in his great wisdom does not want to make any defensive staff changes.

Advertisement
Rumph could not even recruit the players he coached in high school to come here. That tells you all you need to know! Rumph and Patke are both useless, because they can't coach either. This is not news because you will find many prior posts on how bad they are, but I guess one more post stating the obvious won't hurt.
Manny in his great wisdom does not want to make any defensive staff changes.
This is false.

Austin said Patke is a very good coach and was the 2nd most respected position coach on defense after Kool.

A strong case can be made that Rumph is the worst recruiting Miami assistant of the modern era (2000 on). The guy has decimated Miami’s CB depth from a numbers and talent perspective.

He’s horribly whiffed on local talent in arguably the deepest pool of cornerbacks in the country year after year after year where even an average recruiter (Banda) would land reasonable numbers. Half of the players he’s landed (arguably the best ones) were guys that would have come to Miami no matter what (Bandy & Blades). LSU dropped Williams at the last second and Ivey was a scrub after everyone else feasted on south Florida’s CB talent. Kids literally run away from the guy.

I know some will argue he’s a decent technique teacher, and regardless if you’re right or not he’s so unbelievably bad as a recruiter it really doesn’t matter. He can’t land the talent level needed with his coaching to put a Miami level cornerback core out on the field.

How in the world is this guy about to be retained for a 5th season? How?! Miami’s CB room has been decimated as Golden’s cornerbacks have graduated out. Who cares if he’s Miami alum. He doesn’t even coach safety’s for gods sakes.

You need not look any further than Rumph being retained to know Manny Diaz isn’t the guy. You can’t look fans/recruits/players in the eye and say you want to win ACC championships let alone a national championship and retain guys like this.... it simply doesn’t add up. You cannot compete on that level with the dearth in talent that Rumph puts you in (same thing Kehoe did). We used to have Antrel Rolle at CB. Now we have total scrubs. That’s not what a Miami cornerback core looks like!
👎🏾

Advertisement
The difference is, for whatever reason, Diaz doesn’t assign Patke to recruit.

I can’t recall him ever being mentioned as a prospect’s lead recruiter.

Rumph has and he’s struck out a million times.
He was doing in-homes the year we made him a full time coach. I’m spazzing on the name but I want to say it was a big time recruit that we didn’t land.

I’d argue he’s the best on field coach, obviously recruiting hasn’t been good so balance that however you’d like. I think patke is great with the OLBs/strikers, leaves some to be desired on special teams though
Thank you for all you do, Austin.

I truly love you.

If there’s anything I can ever do for you, or provide you, anything at all, just let me know.

:)

Advertisement
Mario would be an interesting topic for your next thread. “Would he come back to his school” type thread.

Advertisement
Keyshawn Greene. Whiff.

B369481B-D62D-4D50-8338-6C6866EF71FA.jpeg

Rumph is trash but remember how bad Jethro managed the DT spot? Fools would be posting about kickers and have people asking but can he play DT?

Advertisement
Back