Rumph

Now it’s they were never coming here?? But at the time majority on CIS had optimism for each one, funny how hindsight works now. Let’s face it, each kid that didn’t chase a bag which were the kids I mentioned, Rumph and Banda individually whiffed on each one. PS2 he coached, Keshawn is Corns cousin, Lejond literally left a dysfunctional OSU and Rumph still didn’t close the deal.

• PS2 - Was A heavy LSU lean the entire recruiting season. Gave Rumph a courtesy visit the last weekend before signing day (as did Campbell). Neither PS2 or Campbell had shown any interest to show up on campus during the season. How long a drive was it again. Too many people fell for the Dan Sileo nonsense the last week before signing day
  • KeShawn - Did you catch his announcement video that was released the day after is visit? It was clearly pre-scripted and he was clowning us.
  • Lejond - Who knows. At least we found out early
  • I'll add Bryd, Henderson - Head cases. I don't care how go they turn out. You have to consider how they mesh with the team
  • Asante Samuals - This one is valid. I feel we got on too late. I don't know who's decision it was, but we slow played him hoping for Surtain/Campbell.
You can't look at this in isolation. You half to balance this against who we got and see how significant the gap is. It's not like we ended us with a bunch of Jags.

Advertisement
So you you think ut was giving Lawerence ultimatums with no bags behind them....Ok lolol. Again you have no idea where Lejond was on the coaches board. PS2 did'nt need bags, and he showed no real interest in coming here other than the normal recruit speech. And PS1 angling for a coaching position on bakkka's staff didn't effect his recruitment at all lolol. Believe what you want. Im good with having one of the best pass def in country the last two years, and will not cry about dudes that's not here. Don't care how many stars or who recruited who. NONE of the those so-called misses would've help changed the out come of the last two seasons.

#LongLiveTheU

NONE of the those so-called misses would've help changed the out come of the last two seasons.

PS2 literally played in the NC game as a Freshman. TC currently starts.
Hendo aside from Tackling is a good DB. I know what happened between the two but still.

Im not crying, I’ve been frustrated with Rumph recruiting for a while but like I said he’s an elite coach, not an elite recruiter. Please stop acting as if DB is the only position that is being dangled bags because our offensive staff have been killing it and they’ve only been intact for 6th months and they seem to have no problem. Meanwhile Rumph and Banda are getting OVs from every top DB in the Nation each class and not landing one.

Are you guys seriously questioning whether or not Rumph Achilles heel is in recruiting? 😐. I like the dude as a coach but putting my green and orange shades aside, he is not an elite recruiter.
I didn't say he was elite. People jump to conclusions around here where if a you think a player or coach isn't a Jag, you think he's elite (or visa versa).

I'm saying we've had worse than Rumph and he's getting better. I'm saying despite his recruiting "inexperience" he's still brought in talented players and the performance on the field has been a consistent improvement since he's been here. That's the bottom line.

Get out of your feelings and try being objective. Frierson was at striker all spring/summer and worked a little at corner in August once Ivey was going to be suspended.

https://twitter.com/DavidFurones_/status/1165397530865221633

See what Henderson is doing to JT's left hand? Its called a pass breakup. Perfect throw by Jarren but even better coverage. I get why everyone hates Henderson for the whole recruiting saga/flipping late but he is an elite cover corner.

https://twitter.com/agentshep/status/1165611102547468289
He is afraid to TACKLE! that is not elite in my book. Herbie called him out on it and you know what, come draft day the NFL will too.

NONE of the those so-called misses would've help changed the out come of the last two seasons.

Hendo aside from Tackling is a good DB. I know what happened between the two but still.

Im not crying, I’ve been frustrated with Rumph recruiting for a while but like I said he’s an elite coach, not an elite recruiter. Please stop acting as if DB is the only position that is being dangled bags because our offensive staff have been killing it and they’ve only been intact for 6th months and they seem to have no problem. Meanwhile Rumph and Banda are getting OVs from every top DB in the Nation each class and not landing one.
Actually Tyson Campbell got moved to second team yesterday

Advertisement
  • PS2 - Was A heavy LSU lean the entire recruiting season. Gave Rumph a courtesy visit the last weekend before signing day (as did Campbell). Neither PS2 or Campbell had shown any interest to show up on campus during the season. How long a drive was it again. Too many people fell for the Dan Sileo nonsense the last week before signing day
  • KeShawn - Did you catch his announcement video that was released the day after is visit? It was clearly pre-scripted and he was clowning us.
  • Lejond - Who knows. At least we found out early
  • I'll add Bryd, Henderson - Head cases. I don't care how go they turn out. You have to consider how they mesh with the team
  • Asante Samuals - This one is valid. I feel we got on too late. I don't know who's decision it was, but we slow played him hoping for Surtain/Campbell.
You can't look at this in isolation. You half to balance this against who we got and see how significant the gap is. It's not like we ended us with a bunch of Jags.
Ps2 and TC case was simply unacceptable but I withheld judgement from their case because I knew TC was chasing bags. Both however were more than familiar with Rumph. If Coach Thomas or Dugans had 5 star RB/WR tandems that they coached in HS, only to choose another school, y’all would be glad that they got let go. Also Keshawn plan wasn’t to “clown us” he just did a clown *** video, that’s Corns cousin, I don’t think he’d intentionally disrespect Corn like that. But Rumph should’ve still closed that .
Asante Samuals and don’t forget Jadan Davis etc, and he almost missed on Bandy. Like how are you slowplaying guys when you have a known negative track record with 5 star/ high 4 star dudes.

I didn't say he was elite. People jump to conclusions around here where if a you think a player or coach isn't a Jag, you think he's elite (or visa versa).

I'm saying we've had worse than Rumph and he's getting better. I'm saying despite his recruiting "inexperience" he's still brought in talented players and the performance on the field has been a consistent improvement since he's been here. That's the bottom line.
I’m not denying that either. It’s possible to admit that he’s an elite coach who has developed solid players into potential 1st-2nd rounders, while also looking at the big picture and admitting that him and banda have whiffed on a lot of big recruits, just calling a spade a spade.

Ps2 and TC case was simply unacceptable but I withheld judgement from their case because I knew TC was chasing bags. Both however were more than familiar with Rumph. If Coach Thomas or Dugans had 5 star RB/WR tandems that they coached in HS, only to choose another school, y’all would be glad that they got let go. Also Keshawn plan wasn’t to “clown us” he just did a clown *** video, that’s Corns cousin, I don’t think he’d intentionally disrespect Corn like that. But Rumph should’ve still closed that .
Asante Samuals and don’t forget Jadan Davis etc, and he almost missed on Bandy. Like how are you slowplaying guys when you have a known negative track record with 5 star/ high 4 star dudes.
How do you assume it's Rumph's decision to slow play Samuals and Davis. You don't think Richt or Diaz had input on strategy or who to go after. The strategy was clearly to go after the big dogs. The bigs dogs strung along to the point that others told us to pound sand when we cycled back to them.

I know he Corn's cousin. One would think that would restrain him. But despite Corn, he clowned us none the less. And that's after visiting Paradise with his parents and maintaining to front of sincere interest. That all you need to know about his character.

That two classes ago. It's time to move on and focus on this class. One of the things I like is we're flushing out early, those that would string us out until signing day.

Why should have rumph closed that for Keshawn? His mom has cancer and wanted to stay close to home.

Campbell and surtain were big boy battles, rumph going against bama and UGA BEST recruiters in nick saban/Derrick Ansley, Kirby smart/Mel Tucker/James coley. Those are hard battles to win regardless if he knew the players or not

Advertisement
Why should have rumph closed that for Keshawn? His mom has cancer and wanted to stay close to home.

Campbell and surtain were big boy battles, rumph going against bama and UGA BEST recruiters in nick saban/Derrick Ansley, Kirby smart/Mel Tucker/James coley. Those are hard battles to win regardless if he knew the players or not
Like I told the other poster. You’re looking at it from the benefit of hindsight view now. Obviously now we know TC was chasing bags and we probably weren’t gonna land PS2, but back then it was inexcusable, he loss out on two players he used to coach and was more than familiar with. By definition that is a whiff, and like I said in the Keshawn Lawrence thread, it’s an unfortunate situation with his mother but it was reported that he tried to get into Clemson’s class. So you’re telling me the only way he’d leave his sick mother and go OOS is if Dabo & Venebles came knocking on his door? What was the purpose of taking a OV to Miami and giving the staff indications that he would commit?

I’ll tell you what, his second team a— wouldn’t have gotten beat on that deep ball to Hammond.
Safety was supposed to have help over the top, coach baker said that today and the ball would have never been thrown

I remember when people hated the hire. I never understood the hate.

Its pretty simple. A "cb coach" is suppose to be a "recruiter" he has sucked as a recruiter...and him and Banda take up a spot as coaches that couldve been given to a REAL SPECIAL TEAMS COACH.

-He though accepted his recruiting miscues and was able to land Williams in the last class. He has some momentum in recruiting for this class and moving forward.

Quite frankly a ****** ( Williams) can land quality dbs coaching in south florida and at UM...so giving credit for that aint saying much. Especially when you add in that 2 of them are legacies.

Long as he can keep coaching guys up and send his first wave of guys to the league ....he may have a recruiting bump and something to show s.fla recruits moving forward.

Advertisement

And they would've done what to help the offense ??? lololol

Advertisement
1. We had 2 true freshmen corners because we had a kid suspended and a kid transfer
2. We did not slide Frierson anywhere
3. CJ Henderson didn't break up **** and that wasn't a game winning play
4. After all your trash points, you just make up another one that isn't remotely true. Rumph would coach him to tackle better lol.

Trash post. Be better.
Good stuff man.

From this one game??? Is that you're evaluation point. How about since he's been here including the guys he inherited that he had no input over. When has CB play been a liability?

Well if ya been following my posts i said i was going to judge his coaching from this season so yes from this one game yes

Rumph’s coaching acumen will start recruiting itself. Bandy’s skills are a given, but if Blades and Ivey end up balling this year, and Couch and Williams get some quality burn and look good, the results will sell themselves, particularly with HS coaches. Maybe Rumph isn’t as smooth in the living room as TRob or Raymond, but ultimately kids like Williams who want to hone their skills and have a shot at playing on Sundays will migrate to Miami.

Advertisement
Back