Rumph

Advertisement
Have never understood the whole recruiting hate thing with Rumph.

Isn't the point of recruiting top notch DBs to give you the best chance to have an effective pass defense... which is exactly what Rumph is delivering?

People on this forum fall way too in love with make believe recruiting stars.

not being argumentative.. just saying.. the criticism has been that he didn't hit on most of the generational talents/athletes.. and sell them on coming to miami.. his coaching is superb.. but he whiffed on guys that have elite traits... if u want to play in the playoff you need those guys... thats it.. he deserves to be critiqued for that

Each week y’all come here and say the same thing and each week someone like me has to clarify. Most of us on here don’t hate Rumph, we all agree that he is an elite coach. But he isn’t an elite recruiter, call a spade a spade. There should be no excuse for him and Banda whiffing on some big targets, and yes they whiff. I love his coaching, I think it’s only a hand few DB coaches probably better than him in the Nation but any coach at an elite school can do both, It’d be one thing if he was never getting these kids on campus but he is and they have all been either OV or UOV. He’s gotten some great DBs. Bandy, Tecory, Ivey, and Cwill and have coached them up good but imagine what he could do with the elite of elite prospects, that Florida is know for producing.

Advertisement
I'm referring to quality depth, on Saturday we had two true freshman corners in the two deep who had never played in a college football game before. **** we had to slide Frierson from striker to corner because of the Ivey suspension.

CJ Henderson should have been a cane back in the 2017 class, and he made the game winning play last weekend on that pass breakup against JT4. Who wins if Henderson is wearing a Canes jersey? (Rumph would coach him to tackle much better)

1. We had 2 true freshmen corners because we had a kid suspended and a kid transfer
2. We did not slide Frierson anywhere
3. CJ Henderson didn't break up **** and that wasn't a game winning play
4. After all your trash points, you just make up another one that isn't remotely true. Rumph would coach him to tackle better lol.

Trash post. Be better.

#1 & #2 DB 2018 (Ps2 & TC) OV- both of whom he coached- whiff
#3 & #4 DB 2019 (TS & Kaiir Elam) OV- whiff
#3 & #20 Safties (Lawrence, Lejond) OV/UOV-whiff

If Coach Thomas or Coach Dugans had this resume, y’all would be happy af that they were let go. But one things for sure, both Thomas and Dugans landed at least one 5 ⭐️ kid and Neither are still on the roster.

Each week y’all come here and say the same thing and each week someone like me has to clarify. Most of us on here don’t hate Rumph, we all agree that he is an elite coach. But he isn’t an elite recruiter, call a spade a spade. There should be no excuse for him and Banda whiffing on some big targets, and yes they whiff. I love his coaching, I think it’s only a hand few DB coaches probably better than him in the Nation but any coach at an elite school can do both, It’d be one thing if he was never getting these kids on campus but he is and they have all been either OV or UOV. He’s gotten some great DBs. Bandy, Tecory, Ivey, and Cwill and have coached them up good but imagine what he could do with the elite of elite prospects, that Florida is know for producing.
I think you mean a bag school.

4star Trajan bandy
4 star jhavonte dean
4 star al blades
4 star Frierson
4 star dj ivey
4 star Christian williams
4 star tecory couch
3 star Nigel bethel
Is a lot of quality if you ask me. And he coaches his group up to play elite

Don't forget Malek Young would still be playing for us if he hadn't had a career ending injury. How good would that kid be right now? If he was our #1, Bandy #2, with Blades and Ivey bumped down to 3 and 4, that room looks a little bit stronger, doesn't it?

Advertisement
Coaches are either recruiters or developers, rarely both. Dugans was a recruiter. How well did he develop the WRs? Rumph is a developer, and still recruits at a Miami level.

Don't forget Malek Young would still be playing for us if he hadn't had a career ending injury. How good would that kid be right now? If he was our #1, Bandy #2, with Blades and Ivey bumped down to 3 and 4, that room looks a little bit stronger, doesn't it?

Rumph is doing a great job coaching and an adequate job recruiting. We just need to win games, prove that we are on the come up, and the recruiting results will follow.

No one drags Rumph for his coaching he is an amazing coach. He does not bring in enough quality corners year after year.

We should not have to go the JUCO route (Dean), grad transfer route (Delaney) , or the project route (Bethel).

Let's see if everyone has this energy if we have an injury or two. Not enough depth.

What are you an idiot, when was dean brought in, new coaching staffs have to try and get guys from wherever they can to fill wholes when they get in, and for those who want to continue to be dumb enuff to keep talking about his recruiting efforts, and for the star whores, according to some of those same sights, dean was supposedly the #1 juco(whatever TF that was suppose to mean)cornerback in the nation, we didnt bring him in because of that, we brought him in cause guys knew about him when he was in highschool down and him being from here and being a better athlete. You sound like one of the main ones that was happy when dean sign, should butch davis not have brought in bryant mckinney or shockey, dont be a clown UM fan, we have consistently had one of the top secondary's in the nation since coach rumph and coach banda got here. Many of you dont realize how stupid and foolish yall sound talking about coach rump and this he not bringing in elite corners, please STFU, he got guys playing at an elite level consistently, many on here would've been criticizing coach rumph had he brought in SEAN TAYLOR, cause what was HIS star ranking as a safety coming out of highschool, since HE was mainly ranked based off HIM playing runningback, you should think about not posting for awhile, cause if you look at felipe's stats, that first touchdown we know was a direct correlation of what was meant by jaquan being our eraser back their, him and redwine were damyum good tacklers, so take that 66yarder away, and the bomb over frierson where the safety took the wrong steps, and felipe was trash out their, go take a nap!

Advertisement
not being argumentative.. just saying.. the criticism has been that he didn't hit on most of the generational talents/athletes.. and sell them on coming to miami.. his coaching is superb.. but he whiffed on guys that have elite traits... if u want to play in the playoff you need those guys... thats it.. he deserves to be critiqued for that
Who at miami has landed those generational recruits? The issue is deeper than rumph.

Db’s are ****y by definition of that position. As a dB you will get beat here and there and sometimes get beat bad. The difference is the confidence and ****iness that it takes to keep grinding.
The problem with that confidence is that you tend to overlook the coaching aspect thinking it’s all you.
If your blessed with 4.3 speed in high school you can get away with a lot of mistakes but everyone will still recruit the fck out of you and you will think that since your the mfing man you don’t need rumph and should instead be repping the kkklanmen. And also pick up a bag on the way up there.
Could you imagine the monster that Tyson Campbell would be right now with Rumph.

Advertisement
Every position has elite kids offered bags by schools. We managed to land 2 5 ⭐ kids, 1 TE in the Nation and a few other studs, despite bag schools offering but suddenly when it comes to DBs that doesn’t apply?
It applies, but the elite CBs and tackle are at the top end of the pay scale. It's a steep hill to climb. Not many non bag schools are landing plug n play cornerbacks and left tackles.

Who did he miss that wasn't looking for bag ? Don't say A. Samuel because he wanted Samuel, Manny didn't sign off on it until all the bag droppers got their receipts.

1. We had 2 true freshmen corners because we had a kid suspended and a kid transfer
2. We did not slide Frierson anywhere
3. CJ Henderson didn't break up **** and that wasn't a game winning play
4. After all your trash points, you just make up another one that isn't remotely true. Rumph would coach him to tackle better lol.

Trash post. Be better.

Get out of your feelings and try being objective. Frierson was at striker all spring/summer and worked a little at corner in August once Ivey was going to be suspended.

https://twitter.com/DavidFurones_/status/1165397530865221633

See what Henderson is doing to JT's left hand? Its called a pass breakup. Perfect throw by Jarren but even better coverage. I get why everyone hates Henderson for the whole recruiting saga/flipping late but he is an elite cover corner.

https://twitter.com/agentshep/status/1165611102547468289

Advertisement
Back