Rumph

Its pretty simple. A "cb coach" is suppose to be a "recruiter" he has sucked as a recruiter...and him and Banda take up a spot as coaches that couldve been given to a REAL SPECIAL TEAMS COACH.

-He though accepted his recruiting miscues and was able to land Williams in the last class. He has some momentum in recruiting for this class and moving forward.

Quite frankly a ****** ( Williams) can land quality dbs coaching in south florida and at UM...so giving credit for that aint saying much. Especially when you add in that 2 of them are legacies.

Long as he can keep coaching guys up and send his first wave of guys to the league ....he may have a recruiting bump and something to show s.fla recruits moving forward.

Your take is completely dependent upon if you believe the SEC is paying for players. 90% of the board believe in the bag game. If you are in the 90% this then is the most hypocritical post I have seen you make since your last post of you hating on Rumph because then you would know he cant compete against $EC schools.

If you are in the 10% who believe that the bag game is a myth and an excuse then I will somewhat agree with this take.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that he is a great developer of talent and has been our best position coach. I couldn't believe how good Frierson looked out there. That's all Rumph.

Advertisement
If I’m criticizing a coach for an area in which he clearly shows a weakness I’m not a UM fan? So I guess 90% of everyone on CIS aren’t UM fans for criticizing CMR

I specifically said coach rumph,
If I’m criticizing a coach for an area in which he clearly shows a weakness I’m not a UM fan? So I guess 90% of everyone on CIS aren’t UM fans for criticizing CMR

First off, i clearly said coach rumph, next, what signs of wealkness has he shown since he's been here. The only ones that have consistently shown weakness are you and your like minded kind that keep putting out lies about coach rumph with recruiting, and all he's been doing is bringing in balla's. But you people on here acting like phaggots all because 2 db's he coached in highschool and on further back than that, chose to go elsewhere, but thanks in large part to coach rumph, we still had the #1 pass defense in the nation in yrds against and efficiency and ****'s on his still acting stupid, man GTFOH with that nonsense.

To many people on here are clowns, and to be clear, i dont give a damyum about these nerd recruiting site rankings, but case in point, coach rumph has been bringing in "4 star recruits" all of a sudden the db from Bama commits and ****'s jumping up and down saying dumb **** like "finally" and this and that and when tbe question was asked, what's the difference between the "4 stars" coach rumph already had commited and this Bama "4 star" we got crickets. So what we saying is, dont be apart of the silly brigade, typing dumb **** just to be typing, nobody with real sense cares about those other 2 db's that went elsewhere, we got bandy, Blades, ivey and williams, we good over here.

I specifically said coach rumph,

First off, i clearly said coach rumph, next, what signs of wealkness has he shown since he's been here. The only ones that have consistently shown weakness are you and your like minded kind that keep putting out lies about coach rumph with recruiting, and all he's been doing is bringing in balla's. But you people on here acting like phaggots all because 2 db's he coached in highschool and on further back than that, chose to go elsewhere, but thanks in large part to coach rumph, we still had the #1 pass defense in the nation in yrds against and efficiency and ****'s on his still acting stupid, man GTFOH with that nonsense.

To many people on here are clowns, and to be clear, i dont give a damyum about these nerd recruiting site rankings, but case in point, coach rumph has been bringing in "4 star recruits" all of a sudden the db from Bama commits and ****'s jumping up and down saying dumb **** like "finally" and this and that and when tbe question was asked, what's the difference between the "4 stars" coach rumph already had commited and this Bama "4 star" we got crickets. So what we saying is, dont be apart of the silly brigade, typing dumb **** just to be typing, nobody with real sense cares about those other 2 db's that went elsewhere, we got bandy, Blades, ivey and williams, we good over here.
And I answered your question as if it was rhetorical question. You can’t take anyone fan privileges away just because they point out that Rumph whiffs on big targets, tf are you the UM fan police, FOH. Y’all swear rumph is the perfect DB coach with no weaknesses, Mf both Rumph and Banda are 0/6 on top targets at a position that we’ve been thin in. In the last 2 years, That includes those 2 dbs he coached in HS, K. Elam, TS, K.lawrence, L. Cavasos. If y'all don’t want people like me pointing that out and beating the drum to death then get Rumph to stop letting these kids Vacay on their OV here and not commit, sh— is comical at this point, I love the man as a coach, but I’m not putting no coach ahead of this team, idgaf who that coach is, recruiting is 90% of CFB. Matter of fact since y’all wanna die on this Rumph has no weakness hill, tell me how we doing with our top targets at DB?
Harrell??, Dennis??, Collier??... Exactly, but watch Rumph get a big time DB like Elias Ricks to OV, Mfs on this board will lose their panties and get optimistic, and then when Ricks signs with LSU, excuses will come and y’all will exonerate Rumph again. Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

And I answered your question as if it was rhetorical question. You can’t take anyone fan privileges away just because they point out that Rumph whiffs on big targets, tf are you the UM fan police, FOH. Y’all swear rumph is the perfect DB coach with no weaknesses, Mf both Rumph and Banda are 0/6 on top targets at a position that we’ve been thin in. In the last 2 years, That includes those 2 dbs he coached in HS, K. Elam, TS, K.lawrence, L. Cavasos. If y'all don’t want people like me pointing that out and beating the drum to death then get Rumph to stop letting these kids Vacay on their OV here and not commit, sh— is comical at this point, I love the man as a coach, but I’m not putting no coach ahead of this team, idgaf who that coach is, recruiting is 90% of CFB. Matter of fact since y’all wanna die on this Rumph has no weakness hill, tell me how we doing with our top targets at DB?
Harrell??, Dennis??, Collier??... Exactly, but watch Rumph get a big time DB like Elias Ricks to OV, Mfs on this board will lose their panties and get optimistic, and then when Ricks signs with LSU, excuses will come and y’all will exonerate Rumph again. Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

Obviously you not comprehending what im saying to you, aint none of these players top nothing until they actually are doing it on the field. So you using terms like "whiffs" ****, that term applies to all teams, but that's bytch **** you doing complaining about coach rumph and coach banda's recruiting, especially when they not whiffing on what's more important, and that's being able to coach. I dont know where people get these dumb *** percentages from or whar measuring stick they using, but to say recruiting is 90% of college football is asanine. You dont when games with just talent, its won with a combination of talent, positional coaching, S&C, than schemes and gameday adjustments, to act like a team can just rollout players based on their BS rankings coming out of highschool is asanine and comical for anybody who thinks like that. You can point out whatever you consider to be flaws in your mind, but dont look like an imbecile doing it when you targeting the best unit in the nation, but if you think you being logical or your argument carries weight, go head, keep trying to bang those square pegs into round holes just because they both are 360degrees, carry on!

Been saying it since day one, I’ll worry about Rumph the first time he doesn’t roll out ballers on Saturday.

So far haven’t even had to think about it.
I want to see him nab more elite talent though. After he does that he's a complete coach. He's elite at player development, but depth is a concern frequently, and players like Dean HAVE given up points for us. So far though he's done enough, you want at least 3 freshmen, true or redshirt on the depth chart every year unless you have 2 seniors. 2 starting level juniors and 2 ultra talented sophomores.

Advertisement
Right because it's his fault Ivey got suspended and Bethel transferred
Well, yes on Bethel to some degree. Really dont want our guys in the portal until after their redshirt sophomore year, unless we have a lot of CBs coming in for the next cycle. You hate wasting time & effort on these guys only for them to bounce before ever contributing. It shows it to be a miss on your evaluation imo.

Obviously you not comprehending what im saying to you, aint none of these players top nothing until they actually are doing it on the field. So you using terms like "whiffs" ****, that term applies to all teams, but that's bytch **** you doing complaining about coach rumph and coach banda's recruiting, especially when they not whiffing on what's more important, and that's being able to coach. I dont know where people get these dumb *** percentages from or whar measuring stick they using, but to say recruiting is 90% of college football is asanine. You dont when games with just talent, its won with a combination of talent, positional coaching, S&C, than schemes and gameday adjustments, to act like a team can just rollout players based on their BS rankings coming out of highschool is asanine and comical for anybody who thinks like that. You can point out whatever you consider to be flaws in your mind, but dont look like an imbecile doing it when you targeting the best unit in the nation, but if you think you being logical or your argument carries weight, go head, keep trying to bang those square pegs into round holes just because they both are 360degrees, carry on!
Mf what?? That’s the dumbest sh— I’ve read thus far, no disrespect to you. But I can’t talk ball w mfs who refuse to take off their orange and green shades. According to your definition of “whiffing”. Rumph will have never whiffed during his entire career. Man y’all want the TNM to be like Bama and Clemson but don’t want our coaches to recruit like Bama and Clemson. Fck the bags, I wanna know if Rumph can relate to half of these kids? Idk, but judging by his last couple of recruiting efforts it doesn’t seem like it. You also keep toting that we have the #1 pass defense in the Nation, well why aren’t DBs lining up to commit to us then? You know it helps to have a top 5 D-line too right?, so let’s not act like Rumph is taking bums off the street and turning them into 1st rd draft picks. I’ve already admitted that he recruits solid guys & good guys with high upside, he coaches them well, but at some point Rumph has to start winning these big recruiting battles, like isn’t that the point of toting how great of a developer he is? So that he can eventually show these 5 star DBs that he can turn them into 1st rd draft picks with proper coaching? He’s doing a great job of getting them on campus but they not committing, talk sh— about Bama & Clemson DB recruits but I guarantee we could’ve used some of those Mfs on Saturday off depth alone.

Well, yes on Bethel to some degree. Really dont want our guys in the portal until after their redshirt sophomore year, unless we have a lot of CBs coming in for the next cycle. You hate wasting time & effort on these guys only for them to bounce before ever contributing. It shows it to be a miss on your evaluation imo.

A kid transferring because he wants more playing time is a miss on your evaluation?

A kid transferring because he wants more playing time is a miss on your evaluation?
Is some regard it is. You recruit character also, the kind of guy thats gonna gut it out to get better, the kind of guy that knows he came in with three other 4* guys and is now in a class with two other 4* freshmen.

Advertisement
Mf what?? That’s the dumbest sh— I’ve read thus far, no disrespect to you. But I can’t talk ball w mfs who refuse to take off their orange and green shades. According to your definition of “whiffing”. Rumph will have never whiffed during his entire career. Man y’all want the TNM to be like Bama and Clemson but don’t want our coaches to recruit like Bama and Clemson. Fck the bags, I wanna know if Rumph can relate to half of these kids? Idk, but judging by his last couple of recruiting efforts it doesn’t seem like it. You also keep toting that we have the #1 pass defense in the Nation, well why aren’t DBs lining up to commit to us then? You know it helps to have a top 5 D-line too right?, so let’s not act like Rumph is taking bums off the street and turning them into 1st rd draft picks. I’ve already admitted that he recruits solid guys & good guys with high upside, he coaches them well, but at some point Rumph has to start winning these big recruiting battles, like isn’t that the point of toting how great of a developer he is? So that he can eventually show these 5 star DBs that he can turn them into 1st rd draft picks with proper coaching? He’s doing a great job of getting them on campus but they not committing, talk sh— about Bama & Clemson DB recruits but I guarantee we could’ve used some of those Mfs on Saturday off depth alone.

Welp, seems like those nerd recruiting site rankings are your recruiting Bible, so now it makes sense why you not making sense. First off, the last thing i would ever want is for UM to be like Bama or Clemson, them **** not the standard, WE ARE, how the ***** is anybody gone call themselves UM fans but want us to pattern our program after other schools, that's comical and pathetic at the same time, you must be new to UM football, those programs are trying to pattern themselves after us. Next, put down the good stuff, you sounding crazier with each post, who cares about these so called "5 star" rated recruits, what makes more sense to you, we got a db coach that is supposedly coaching lesser to an elite level, but your logic is, wherever the so called "5 star" recruits are going to where better db coaches are but their secondary's are not ranked higher than ours, you really should take a break from posting. How many "5 star" recruits did coach beamer and bud foster have on their defenses. Honestly, if you basing your whole argument on being a star ***** and class rankings, have a nice day, its useless talking about that type of clown ****!

This man should never be slandered again. It’s year four and ever year we’ve had questions at corner. We went into that game with four corners and two were freshman and they got their job done. He’s one of the best CB developers in the country

The be truth !!!

Welp, seems like those nerd recruiting site rankings are your recruiting Bible, so now it makes sense why you not making sense. First off, the last thing i would ever want is for UM to be like Bama or Clemson, them **** not the standard, WE ARE, how the ***** is anybody gone call themselves UM fans but want us to pattern our program after other schools, that's comical and pathetic at the same time, you must be new to UM football, those programs are trying to pattern themselves after us. Next, put down the good stuff, you sounding crazier with each post, who cares about these so called "5 star" rated recruits, what makes more sense to you, we got a db coach that is supposedly coaching lesser to an elite level, but your logic is, wherever the so called "5 star" recruits are going to where better db coaches are but their secondary's are not ranked higher than ours, you really should take a break from posting. How many "5 star" recruits did coach beamer and bud foster have on their defenses. Honestly, if you basing your whole argument on being a star ***** and class rankings, have a nice day, its useless talking about that type of clown ****!
Your whole argument is a straw man. Stop trying to deflect the conversation and my points when you know exactly what I mean/meant. When I referred Bama and Clemson, I referred them in the sense that both teams recently played in the NC, and have played in the most NC games in the past 5 years, both teams consistently land the top players in the Nation, and so that’s why I mentioned them. No where did I say I want Miami to copy them, and don’t call me a new fan. I actually watched Miami win their last NC, a lot of Mfs on this site weren’t even old enough to understand wtf was going on. Also throwing star ***** at me is not an insult, considering that I’m usually defending Miami taking these 3 star kids. Check the Nigel Bethel post when he first committed, or one of the many Zion posts, or the Jacolby George post when everyone was giving them sh—, I’m always about evaluation over star rankings, but if you think for a sec that some of these 5 star DBs wouldn’t come to Miami and immediately upgrade a position THAT WE’RE ALREADY THIN AT!!! then you’re delusional af. I’m tryna talk ball, you tryna be a homer.

Your whole argument is a straw man. Stop trying to deflect the conversation and my points when you know exactly what I mean/meant. When I referred Bama and Clemson, I referred them in the sense that both teams recently played in the NC, and have played in the most NC games in the past 5 years, both teams consistently land the top players in the Nation, and so that’s why I mentioned them. No where did I say I want Miami to copy them, and don’t call me a new fan. I actually watched Miami win their last NC, a lot of Mfs on this site weren’t even old enough to understand wtf was going on. Also throwing star ***** at me is not an insult, considering that I’m usually defending Miami taking these 3 star kids. Check the Nigel Bethel post when he first committed, or one of the many Zion posts, or the Jacolby George post when everyone was giving them sh—, I’m always about evaluation over star rankings, but if you think for a sec that some of these 5 star DBs wouldn’t come to Miami and immediately upgrade a position THAT WE’RE ALREADY THIN AT!!! then you’re delusional af. I’m tryna talk ball, you tryna be a homer.

Listen, you sound like you got potential, but im getting ready to stop talking to you, you bringing up rankings again, but ask yourself this, what **** so called "5 star" can come in and play better or take bandy's spot, the goood news is, we should get to see what these same receivers do against some of those "5 stars" db's in the security & exchange commission conference at somepoint, bandy, gave up 1 pass play on that comeback route for about 9yrds, Blades gave up no catches, so what we upgrading, and bandy's run defensive support was as usual top notch, and Blades was at a high level as well, so what we upgrading. The game was played, the facts are. How bout you go and look at what your "5 star" arguments did against Lsu last year as well as the same qb against our low rated nerd recruiting sites star ranking non-system in redwine, and #28 jackson, and highly rated "4 star" bandy. These ****'s will give somebody a "4 star" rating but they'll be the #300 rated player in the nation:

Advertisement
Your take is completely dependent upon if you believe the SEC is paying for players. 90% of the board believe in the bag game. If you are in the 90% this then is the most hypocritical post I have seen you make since your last post of you hating on Rumph because then you would know he cant compete against $EC schools.

If you are in the 10% who believe that the bag game is a myth and an excuse then I will somewhat agree with this take.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that he is a great developer of talent and has been our best position coach. I couldn't believe how good Frierson looked out there. That's all Rumph.

I really dont care about the whole "bag" thing because it isnt NEW....

The bags were there when we had guys like Rumph, Reed, ETC THERE....they were there when we got Antrel Rolle, Sean Taylor etc.
How much was the bag we dropped for Christian Williams?.

Just identify targets...be able to keep a few home and grab big names out of the area when need be.

I dont know if he is our best position coach or anything of that note as the jury is out and not sure how it can even be correlated. But i see him moving in a better direction...and this is the actual first year of his guys. So we shall see moving forward...the development of Al Blades, Ivey and company.

I never understood his 'slander' from the fanbase. Every year it's the same thing; development and get kids in the league.

Advertisement
Everyone has their own idea of good recruiting. I judge simply on how the recruits perform for us on the field. . So far Rumphs recruits overall have passed my
eye test

Last edited:
#1 & #2 DB 2018 (Ps2 & TC) OV- both of whom he coached- whiff
#3 & #4 DB 2019 (TS & Kaiir Elam) OV- whiff
#3 & #20 Safties (Lawrence, Lejond) OV/UOV-whiff

If Coach Thomas or Coach Dugans had this resume, y’all would be happy af that they were let go. But one things for sure, both Thomas and Dugans landed at least one 5 ⭐ kid and Neither are still on the roster.

All of the kids you're referring to above got paid. So why don't you do your part and pony up the way that Georgia and Alabama boosters are.

Jez, what is they supposed to do, put then in confinement? Maybe he writing on the wall. The development of Blades and Ivey. Then Williams and Couch coming in, ready to pass him on the depth chart. Maybe he thought he'd never see the field.

That's part of the deal with a competitive environment. Some will give it a shot, and those that don't make it will want to move on. And it's magnified when you have unbalanced recruiting classes. If the same year you load up at a position group to address a weakness, there's going to be a lot of attrition.

You only hope it doesn't affect your two deep and it happens at a time when can hit the waiver wire (um … transfer portal).

Jez, what is they supposed to do, put then in confinement? Maybe he writing on the wall. The development of Blades and Ivey. Then Williams and Couch coming in, ready to pass him on the depth chart. Maybe he thought he'd never see the field.

That's part of the deal with a competitive environment. Some will give it a shot, and those that don't make it will want to move on. And it's magnified when you have unbalanced recruiting classes. If the same year you load up at a position group to address a weakness, there's going to be a lot of attrition.

You only hope it doesn't affect your two deep and it happens at a time when can hit the waiver wire (um … transfer portal).
As long as Couch & Williams are legit, and are going to be sophomores (and dont need Bethel for competitions sake) next season then we dont need him. Still, we gave him a scholarship, so the argument can be made we had a bad evaluation there. Its no big deal though. We recruit 2 more 4*s this cycle, and Trajan stays and CB is set with depth.
1. **** SR Bandy
2. **** JR Blades
3. **** JR Ivey
4. **** SO Couch
5. **** SO Williams
6. **** FR
7. **** FR
Thats pretty dang good and being coached by a great teacher. Still wish they were all freaky sub 4.4 athletes though.

Advertisement
Back