Rumph on WQAM

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
Nothing earth shattering. Brief mention by Joe Rose about Anthony Schwartz being fastest kid in the country. As a coach, he uses pressure of competition to push kids in rotation. Talked about challenging receivers at line. Likes Jack Allison's ability in zone read. Praised each QB. Said 60% bump and run is what we have been doing then zone (with some things disguised.). When he got here, there wasn't much confidence so he had to build them up. Now we're able to do more of what he wants at cornerback and it's showing. Was for moving Sheldrick Redwine to safety. Said Redwine's loved it and excelled at it. It's one of the best moves we made.

The full interview is available here under The Joe Rose Show:

Audio « CBS Miami

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rumph just exudes confidence. Pretty refreshing compared to the last staff. He's very enthusiastic and is real. This was a great interview man Great hire point blank period. He is recruiting well now too with 2 4 star dbs from the 2017 class coming in and a future NFL draft pick coming in at cb to replenish the position depth and talent wise. Not to mention how talented the 2018 already is.
If you ask me would I take a class of bandy, dean and Delaney or bandy, dean, Edwards, Henderson I would take the group with Delaney in there 10 times out of 10. Delaney is an immediate impact as well as bandy and dean. Definitely not worried about cornerback anymore with malek young and Michael Jackson emerging and you add to the group with Bandy, dean and Delaney

Last edited:
Rumph just exudes confidence. Pretty refreshing compared to the last staff. He's very enthusiastic and is real. This was a great interview man Great hire point blank period. He is recruiting well now too with 2 4 star dbs from the 2017 class coming in and a future NFL draft pick coming in at cb to replenish the position depth and talent wise. Not to mention how talented the 2018 already is.
If you ask me would I take a class of bandy, dean and Delaney or bandy, dean, Edwards, Henderson I would take the group with Delaney in there 10 times out of 10. Delaney is an immediate impact as well as bandy and dean. Definitely not worried about cornerback anymore with malek young and Michael Jackson emerging and you add to the group with Bandy, dean and Delaney

It really seemed like he was saying that the defensive backfield has taken a big step forward. Sounds like Redwine is excelling at Safety as well.

Redwine excelling at S could be huge for the defense. Takes a position that was a question mark and makes it a lot more stable.

It really seemed like he was saying that the defensive backfield has taken a big step forward. Sounds like Redwine is excelling at Safety as well.

I could just pinch you both right now.

Advertisement

go for it, you all will feel better.

Getting Delaney basically zero'd out any advantage UF had over us regarding getting the crew of Wilson/Edwards/Davis/Henderson. Delaney is instant impact and will help us get Dean acclimated and he can step in next year as our #1 corner until Jobe comes and so on and so forth..Our secondary is coming together quite nicely.

I tried to listen to it a few minutes ago, but I can't find it on their website. Anyone has a link that they can share? Thanks.

Man I can listen to Coach Rumph talk all day. He just gets it, so heady and cerebral. Great technique coach and a good recruiter. We are lucky to have him!

Advertisement

Yesterday, I asked [MENTION=4334]JohnZarrilli[/MENTION] if publicly agreeing with [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] is therapeutic. Today I'm in therapy. Problem is I'm on a hair trigger and can pull a cyber jack move at the first STFU or GTFOH. He's doing well so far though.

Really liking the idea of Jaquan and Redwine back there at safety for the next couple years.

Yesterday, I asked [MENTION=4334]JohnZarrilli[/MENTION] if publicly agreeing with [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] is therapeutic. Today I'm in therapy. Problem is I'm on a hair trigger and can pull a cyber jack move at the first STFU or GTFOH. He's doing well so far though.

Good for you, addressing the problem professionally.

Advertisement

Thanks... It's still one day at a time. Plus at some point Cane Dynasty is going to show back up and that guy's like crack when it comes to brock. Brock was actually a gentleman during his band and I respect that. He's taken the brunt of Dynasty's jabs. He didn't take shots at the guy when he was out. That matters to me for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Thanks... It's still one day at a time. Plus at some point Cane Dynasty is going to show back up and that guy's like crack when it comes to brock. Brock was actually a gentleman during his band and I respect that. He's taken the brunt of Dynasty's jabs.

You right, when is he being released.

Advertisement
Definitely not worried about cornerback anymore with malek young and Michael Jackson emerging and you add to the group with Bandy, dean and Delaney

Love the circlejerk going on here, but not being worried about our CB situation is crazy.

The top crooting porsters of the board such as myself have Been screaming red wine to safety since high school.... even petey was on that train glad coaches got it right sooner then later... he will excel there .. put on 10 pounds son and get to work

Thanks... It's still one day at a time. Plus at some point Cane Dynasty is going to show back up and that guy's like crack when it comes to brock. Brock was actually a gentleman during his band and I respect that. He's taken the brunt of Dynasty's jabs.

You right, when is he being released.

He's been released for a day but he's MIA. Maybe he assumed a new identity and likes that one better???

The top crooting porsters of the board such as myself have Been screaming red wine to safety since high school.... even petey was on that train glad coaches got it right sooner then later... he will excel there .. put on 10 pounds son and get to work

Upvoted for calling yourself a porster.

Advertisement
Back