Rumph and Banda #1 pass defense in the country

Advertisement
Yeah sorry I don't for one moment believe we will have a better pass defense next year after losing Redwine and Jaquan. Those two aren't exactly amazing in pass defense but they were great senior safeties who will both be drafted pretty highly.

Amari Carter has shown that he misses a lot of tackles, which is a bad quality in safeties. His coverage has been okay, but his biggest strength is blitzing imo. Gurvan Hall I'm hopefully can be better than both Jaquan and Redwine, but he's only gonna be a sophomore.

And at CB sure we have a LOT of young talent, but as overrated as Michael Jackson was and as much as y'all hate Dean, there were clearly the best options this year, so unless our frosh CBs step up a **** load, CB probably won't be much better than it was this year.

...and the pass rush likely won't be as good either, especially after losing Willis (are Ford and Nesta gonna step up?) And if we lose Joe Jackson which is likely (prob gonna be a 2ndl3rd if he leaves early) our DE depth is straight ***.

Michael Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, and Jaquan Johnson are the best trio of seniors in the secondary that I can remember Miami has had at one time. We are going to have elite talent asked to step up and fill those roles but they are younger so there will be growing pains like normal.

Miami is still going to have a top 10 defense next year if Joe, Shaq, and Pinckney all come back.

Advertisement
We are going to have a wildly inexperienced but arguably more talented secondary next year.

Advertisement
i cant stand some of the dumbasses on here that dont give our D the proper respect it deserves. We have an ELITE defense. Diaz was able to make the defense championship caliber in a short period of time. He should be given the opportunity to see if he can do the same as HC. For all the people that say “**** no”. What the fack do we have to lose? Richt and the offensive coaches? Sign me up! Name me one positive thing Richt is providing. Unless Diaz hires Patrick Nix, wel be far better off

1544068585431.gif

We didn’t face a single team that was in the top 25 in passing offense (FSU was highest ranked at 28) so let’s not go crowing them just yet. The last semi-decent passing offense we faced (Wisconsin in the bowl) carved us up and we made their qb look like a Heisman winner.

Advertisement
We didn’t face a single team that was in the top 25 in passing offense (FSU was highest ranked at 28) so let’s not go crowing them just yet. The last semi-decent passing offense we faced (Wisconsin in the bowl) carved us up and we made their qb look like a Heisman winner.

I also want to see the numbers of our opponents. Facing teams like GT, Ptt and VT isn't a tall task when it comes to pass defense.

Once the two of them get guys drafted high then we will start to see more bluechip DBs stay home. Right now, they are getting negative recuited because they don't have the rep that other coaches do but the results speak for themselves.

Advertisement
I also want to see the numbers of our opponents. Facing teams like GT, Ptt and VT isn't a tall task when it comes to pass defense.
That’s interesting on vt but I digress

If you can put a full 12 game season only giving up 1650 yards passing then the proof is in the pudding period, We didn’t play Georgia tech every week so quit trying to use that as an indictment on the defense

Rumph's coaching ability has been above average to me. I never understood all the hate. Tyson is in Georgia struggling, Rumph would've turned him into a beast!!
Yep. People are always complaining about the bagman when other coaches miss out on a top target, but when it comes to Rumph he's just a lousy recruiter. Blog **** in full effect...

The stats should be reeling in Stevenson and Akeem Dent. But kids just want to compete for ships. And when our offense is this bad, we lose 5 games and kids don’t care how great the defense is.

Advertisement
Back