Rumph and Banda #1 pass defense in the country

brock

All-American

These upcoming secondaries we will have for the next few years will be their most talented yet which is exciting, Good job fellas. They are maximizing the talent they have and have some key pieces upcoming who imo will be studs

What is the passing offense ranking?

Richt lies

jjacks93

Sophomore
Man you would think it would be easy to get top DBs to come play for you when you have production like this

swampcougar1

Redshirt Freshman
Defense bright spot I enjoyed watching this season

brock

All-American
Man you would think it would be easy to get top DBs to come play for you when you have production like this
Hardest position to Recruit in south Florida too in terms of the getting the absolute top guys. Results speak for themselves , hopefully more will start listening

Why these SoFLA DB's aren't lining up to play here is beyond me ...
It's year 3, guys are getting coached up and the secondary is performing literally better than any other secondary in the country. Why wouldn't elite DB's want to come here?

Oh, I know why ...

Rumph and Banda took and still take heat on this board but those dudes coached there a$$es of this year. That is an unbelievable accomplishment for them. Kudos.

Nothing is as dire as it appears when you have excellence in that category.

But the problem is we wasted it, and no guarantee we maintain it, given personnel losses.

Likewise the Dolphins are wasting as season with 19 interceptions and counting

bes628

Sophomore
Whatever recruiting weakness people like to hammer on them about, they make up for it in coaching. Delaney, Corn , Jenkins , Carter, Colbert, Jaquan , Redwine, Michael Jackson will all be in the league over the last three years or so. That’s very fucking impressive, idc what you say.

reg

Sophomore
The funny thing about this is, last year, the CIS mob was calling for Rumph and Banda's head, especially Rumph.

I hope crow taste like chicken because it's a lot of mafuckers that should be eating it!

Every fckin thread doesn’t have to be about Richt and the offense . Take yo ass on somewhere
As much as I ***** and complain about the offense. I'm going to give the defense its due. It's nice that Banda and Rumph have solidified their resumes. Hopefully this pays off with us getting Stevenson.

And let’s be honest this isn’t a star studded group (recruiting wise I mean)

Yes JJ and Bandy were legit recruits but not “elite” 5 stars. Redwine and Jackson have developed bigtime. Dean is pretty bad. Knowles played a lot and we know about him.

They definitely owe those animals on the DL some steaks though. Definitely easier to play DB when the QB has zero time to think and is trying to just not die.

The funny thing about this is, last year, the CIS mob was calling for Rumph and Banda's head, especially Rumph.

I hope crow taste like chicken because it's a lot of mafuckers that should be eating it!
I know I've bashed Rumph's recruiting, but always maintained he was a good coach. Hopefully the results he's produced can be put in front of more blue chip guys.

This defense is evidence that this program can be a force with the right leadership. The only thing Virginia about us is our AD. We make the right hire and we’re going to be Clemson+

Rumph's coaching ability has been above average to me. I never understood all the hate. Tyson is in Georgia struggling, Rumph would've turned him into a beast!!

reg

Sophomore
I know I've bashed Rumph's recruiting, but always maintained he was a good coach. Hopefully the results he's produced can be put in front of more blue chip guys.
He, like any other coach, is subject to criticism. He deserved his fair share, as it relates to multiple mishaps in the recruiting realm. However, calling for his head, was uncalled for.

cmike73

Sophomore
Well they can go to another top ranked defense and win more than 7 games. Our O sucks and if you dont think kids on both sides look at that....

I am very excited about the young talent we have in the secondary already