Rumph and Banda #1 pass defense in the country

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why these SoFLA DB's aren't lining up to play here is beyond me ...
It's year 3, guys are getting coached up and the secondary is performing literally better than any other secondary in the country. Why wouldn't elite DB's want to come here?

Oh, I know why ...

Nothing is as dire as it appears when you have excellence in that category.

But the problem is we wasted it, and no guarantee we maintain it, given personnel losses.

Likewise the Dolphins are wasting as season with 19 interceptions and counting

Advertisement
Whatever recruiting weakness people like to hammer on them about, they make up for it in coaching. Delaney, Corn , Jenkins , Carter, Colbert, Jaquan , Redwine, Michael Jackson will all be in the league over the last three years or so. That’s very ******* impressive, idc what you say.

Advertisement
And let’s be honest this isn’t a star studded group (recruiting wise I mean)

Yes JJ and Bandy were legit recruits but not “elite” 5 stars. Redwine and Jackson have developed bigtime. Dean is pretty bad. Knowles played a lot and we know about him.

They definitely owe those animals on the DL some steaks though. Definitely easier to play DB when the QB has zero time to think and is trying to just not die.

The funny thing about this is, last year, the CIS mob was calling for Rumph and Banda's head, especially Rumph.

I hope crow taste like chicken because it's a lot of ma****ers that should be eating it!

I know I've bashed Rumph's recruiting, but always maintained he was a good coach. Hopefully the results he's produced can be put in front of more blue chip guys.

This defense is evidence that this program can be a force with the right leadership. The only thing Virginia about us is our AD. We make the right hire and we’re going to be Clemson+

Advertisement
I know I've bashed Rumph's recruiting, but always maintained he was a good coach. Hopefully the results he's produced can be put in front of more blue chip guys.
He, like any other coach, is subject to criticism. He deserved his fair share, as it relates to multiple mishaps in the recruiting realm. However, calling for his head, was uncalled for.

Well they can go to another top ranked defense and win more than 7 games. Our O sucks and if you dont think kids on both sides look at that....

Advertisement
Back