RUMOR: Sources tell me that Lashlee is staying, will receive major pay increase & co-HC title; changes to defensive staff as well

So let me get this str8; u want to pay more first, then evaluate later?? Never mind we have pressing issues on defense; but ur idea is to pay an inconsistent product, first, then evaluate to see if u made a mistake in paying? I don’t want to misquote or misread ur thought process.
Agree to disagree. We need to keep Lashlee. He has done wonders for us considering where we have been on offense the past 5 years...

Advertisement
Oh we know. You’ve been swearing that everyone was leaving and people were setting themselves up for disappointment by thinking otherwise for weeks...
you aren;t wrong, although my posts were directed to the players, not lashlee. i though king jordan bolden and all the others on the fence were leaving, based upon historical patterns. i was gladly wrong on King and i hope he triggers the others to stay.

you aren;t wrong, although my posts were directed to the players, not lashlee. i though king jordan bolden and all the others on the fence were leaving, based upon historical patterns. i was gladly wrong on King and i hope he triggers the others to stay.
Point being that the same battered spouse syndrome had you loudly proclaiming that all of those guys were gone.

Advertisement
Is he going to be forced to start Wiggins and Pope at WR?

Will he continue to call drive-killing runs up the middle for loss of yards?

Will be still be rotating 4 RBs?

Will it take them half the season to figure out who should start on the O-line?

These are the important questions that NEED to be answered.

It’s a huge deal. It’s called prematurely giving someone a raise that hasn’t necessarily warranted one, yet. This has been an M.O that’s constantly bit us. U can’t say it’s not a big deal, not w/ our lack of budget.

Continuity is important to success. I am not as high on Lashlee as some others might be, but he's good enough to be the OC for the next few years.

I support the extension because 1) it gives confidence to potential recruits that like Lashlee that he's going to be coaching them and 2) the buyouts for a coordinator are usually pretty cheap. It's not going to break the budget.

The thing that would really make Miami look like a second rate program is losing Lashlee to another school because they were willing to pay a 200-300k more for him. If Miami gave Manny or Baker an extension I'd be livid. Giving the guy who helped bring back D'Eriq King and land Jake Garcia a little bump up in salary to keep him as the OC for the next couple of years isnt an unreasonable move.

Advertisement
It’s a huge deal. It’s called prematurely giving someone a raise that hasn’t necessarily warranted one, yet. This has been an M.O that’s constantly bit us. U can’t say it’s not a big deal, not w/ our lack of budget.
Exactly, let's say Manny gets fired at year end. You either have to hire Lashlee as the head coach or just pay him way more than what we currently owe him.

Last edited:
Lol at Co-HC. Sometimes you gotta take “rumors” you hear from folks at face value and make your own conclusions bc that is one of the most ludicrous things I’ve heard.

do you mean associate HC? That’s very different than co-HC.

I keep saying manny isn’t al. As a hc he’s not married to his scheme , coaches , etc.

Do you really think he wants to baby sit the defensive room? He wants to win and keep this job.
If, and that’s a big IF, this is true then there is hope for Slip N Slide. I’ll wait to see what changes are made.

Advertisement
Exactly, let's say Manny gets fired at year end. You either have to hire Lashlee as the he as d coach or just lay him way more than what we currently owe him.

It depends how the contract is structured. A renegotiated buyout clause in the new contract can actually help a school fire a guy early. A contract is a contract is a contract. If a school fires a coach under contract with no buyout, they owe him the remainder of the contract. The way they avoid paying the full remaining amount is the buyout.

For example, let's say Lashlee originally signed a 4 yr deal at 500k per year. No buyout included. If Miami fires him after year 2, they still owe him the full amount remaining 2 years on his contract, 1 million. Now let's say Miami was pleased with his first year performance and gives him a new 3 yr deal worth 1 mil per year with an 800k buyout. For whatever reason they decide to fire him after his first year in the new contract (would have been after year 2 in original contract). They owe him 800k (the buyout) . So assuming he got fired in his 2nd year at Miami, the new contract with the higher salary actually saved the school 200k over the original (school paid him the 1 mil for the first year and 800k buyout so they don't have to pay the remaining 2 yrs of the contract).

Without seeing the terms of the new contract (which, as a private school they don't have to disclose) there is no way to know whether the new deal is more advantageous to the school or not. Some fans are getting all worked up for no reason.

Last edited:
Even if true; why??? Don’t get me wrong; Lashlee was better than Enos, but even a dead gold fish is better than Enos. Our O was OK, but against good to great defenses, it was just OK.

Not sure what justifies or qualifies a major pay raise; why? B/c of some non substantiated rumors of him “leaving?”

Can't blame Lashlee entirely for the OL still being a long way away.

Advertisement
Is he going to be forced to start Wiggins and Pope at WR?

Will he continue to call drive-killing runs up the middle for loss of yards?

Will be still be rotating 4 RBs?

Will it take them half the season to figure out who should start on the O-line?

These are the important questions that NEED to be answered.

Literally none of those questions are legitimate and don’t need to be answered.

Agree to disagree. We need to keep Lashlee. He has done wonders for us considering where we have been on offense the past 5 years...
This goes back to my posts of how this programs handles benchmarks and expectations. Just because it is way better than the last 5 years doesn’t mean we need to reward it. That’s how you get put into worse spots. It’s how we got to this spot with Manny. We conflated beating the new low benchmarks with actually achieving something

They are absolutely legitimate. Clearly you haven't been following the Miami Hurricanes Football program for a while if you can't recognize problems within the program.

We improved 80 spots in 3rd down conversion rate. We were literally dead last in all the NCAA in 2019. All with a new OC, QB, an injured TE and two true freshmen playing in a whole new system they barely got to practice.

We have always rotated our RBs. Always.

The rest is really not worth even commenting on.

Advertisement
Back