RUMOR: Sources tell me that Lashlee is staying, will receive major pay increase & co-HC title; changes to defensive staff as well

My man, when it mattered Lashlee offense was hot trash.

Everyone under the sun knew if we were going to stay in the Clemson or UNC game. It was the offense that was going to be the key. All the **** talking about the D and it deserves it. The offense was ghost when it was needed most.

SMU offense was ranked 11th this season without Lashlee.
Cool. Lets fire him. Dude sucks. Booooooo.

Advertisement
Wait, I didn't read the full title.

A raise (ok yes) and co-HC title?

Put.

Down.

The.

Pipe.

Also by there very nature, both OC and DC are "Asst HCs".

Advertisement
As long as this doesnt create a huge buyout for Lash, honestly what do we care? Yeah he's not the elite OC we hoped for, but he's still pretty **** good. Another year with King gives us a shot for 10+ win season (doubt King comes back if Lash were leaving...). Boosters/school spend a few more bucks, fine with me, more money now and for the next guy then as well.

Guess you could make a good argument to save money on Lash for a new DC/DB coach but im sure the $ is there or can be found. Blake wants Manny to succeed just as bad as Manny does or he knows his own job is on the line.

Advertisement
You said our offense was okay...I am just saying what did you exact with a first year OC with no Spring ball and barely any Summer work to implement the system. He 100% deserves an extension. We need to keep him. We can start to evaluate how he is after year 2 with a Spring and Summer.

So let me get this str8; u want to pay more first, then evaluate later?? Never mind we have pressing issues on defense; but ur idea is to pay an inconsistent product, first, then evaluate to see if u made a mistake in paying? I don’t want to misquote or misread ur thought process.

My man, when it mattered Lashlee offense was hot trash.

Everyone under the sun knew if we were going to stay in the Clemson or UNC game. It was the offense that was going to be the key. All the **** talking about the D and it deserves it. The offense was ghost when it was needed most.

SMU offense was ranked 11th this season without Lashlee.

Let’s be honest; The O was ghost against VT & NC St too. Yeah, we know the end result in the last waning moments, but the O put the Def in some precarious spots, too. Pitt game was the same way. We know how the slipper didn’t come off, but the O had the slipper on the tip of the toes on several occasions. Again, ppl r seeing the record, w/o seeing how close we were to falling. I more credit King than I do Lashlee, if imma be honest. I don’t think he schemes well. That’s y I’m questioning the extension. Better than Enos; but don’t see a justification on the pay raise.

There’ll be changes to the defense
Currently tying together OP’s rumor of Lashlee to co-HC and Stroud’s complications this past season to your thread of a reunion.

Yeah I just had COVID, but hopefully what I’m smelling is correct...

Advertisement
Why not brother?.That's the $M question.

Not sure - I myself am not plugged in, I know 2 people close to the program (moreso connected to the BOT level vs. the actual team) and in terms of this thread, I’ve only heard from one of them. So what im sharing is only one persons opinion. @Cribby seems to be more confident that there will be defensive changes based on what he’s heard. I hope he is right.

He doesn’t have to look far to see what happens when you’re married to scheme and nepotism. Al and Mark say hi.
I will say one thing about manny is if change is needed (and obvious) he will make it.

1.) Enos.... completely failed and showed no signs of building improvement for the following season.

fix? Brings in a true spread and finds a man who is killing it to fix the offense in one season.

2.) Striker. People forget the original “3rd and Diaz” from that 2016 season where we couldn’t get off the field to save our lives.

fix? Creates the “striker” position for his defense essentially moving a safety to cover TEs and RBs who prior would try and key up on a slow footed (laugh McCloud)

Currently tying together OP’s rumor of Lashlee to co-HC and Stroud’s complications this past season to your thread of a reunion.

Yeah I just had COVID, but hopefully what I’m smelling is correct...
Your smell hasn’t recovered friend jk. If stroud was the “ change “ you might as well not make a change.

Advertisement
There’ll be changes to the defense

giphy.gif

Very glad to hear that, that'll be a great start to next year.

Not sure - I myself am not plugged in, I know 2 people close to the program (moreso connected to the BOT level vs. the actual team) and in terms of this thread, I’ve only heard from one of them. So what im sharing is only one persons opinion. @Cribby seems to be more confident that there will be defensive changes based on what he’s heard. I hope he is right.
So gonna guess the BOT is consulted, after Blake, when staff changes are desired. Easy for Manny go in on the offense, but the defense has his fingerprints all over it. It's the elephant in the room - the athletics side knows changes are needed, but wouldn't Manny need to go before the BOT with tail tucked between his legs to make it happen?

Advertisement
Back