Rumor on Bryan McClendon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like Beard is toast.

^^^^^ great news for Kevin Beard fans and family members who want him to remain at UM ^^^^^

He's been toast, just not made public. He's latest buttered and laying by the bacon

But perhaps he has an opportunity to remain in some other capacity besides on-field coach?

I was told 4/5 days after MR was hired that coley and beard would not be back. And some unflattering comments about Beard as a coach.

I guess things can change , but the person who told me was very definitive with his statements. Which would make me very confident that they're both done.

Last edited:
I'm sure he will land on his feet somewhere for his recruiting contacts alone.

Looks like Beard is toast.

^^^^^ great news for Kevin Beard fans and family members who want him to remain at UM ^^^^^

He's been toast, just not made public. He's latest buttered and laying by the bacon

But perhaps he has an opportunity to remain in some other capacity besides on-field coach?

I was told 4/5 days after MR was hired that coley and beard would not be back. And some unflattering comments about Beard as a coach.

I guess things can change , but the person who told me was very definitive with his statements. Which would make me very confident that they're both done.

Advertisement
It's been rumored for a bit that Beard might end up at South Carolina if BMac comes here.

Not surprised - if we're talking trades I'll take BMac over Bruce, as much as it might hurt this year.

Advertisement
Not surprised - if we're talking trades I'll take BMac over Bruce, as much as it might hurt this year.

Agreed. Really would suck to lose Bruce but you take the long-term benefits a quality coach like BMac gives you over the 3-4 years you'll get out of one recruit.

Advertisement
watch tape of McClendon. he is a very good coach. just because he isn't doing the drills and screaming like a teenager like beard does, doesnt mean he isn't a good coach. I like beard, he's a cane but McClendon is a very good coach.

watch tape of McClendon. he is a very good coach. just because he isn't doing the drills and screaming like a teenager like beard does, doesnt mean he isn't a good coach. I like beard, he's a cane but McClendon is a very good coach.

You've determined he's a good coach from a 3 minute YouTube clip? Good stuff.

Not sure how good McClendon is but if you are named an interim coach to keep things together in the absence of the HC, you've made an impression on someone whose decisions matter.

Advertisement
Back