Rumor on Bryan McClendon

brock

All-American
Gamecock Scoop - Latest on McClendon and more

Coaching Search Tidbits
I am told Georgia interim head coach Bryan McClendon not only has an offer on the table to become South Carolina’s wide receivers coach but also one from Miami to become Mark Richt’s offensive coordinator. He is in the process of determining which route he wants to take. Richt has said he plans to get back to calling his own plays, something he got away from later in his tenure at Georgia, so it is unclear how many play calling responsibilities McClendon would have if he chose the Miami gig. The Gamecocks are awaiting an answer from him. Prior to the Miami offer, it looked like all but a done deal that McClendon was headed to Columbia.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could see him step up to a passing coordinator/receivers coach type role. Could mean Beard is squeezed out.

Advertisement
If he goes to SC he will be looking for another job in2 years when Muffcramp gets kicked in the can.

Advertisement
Thomas Brown is coming as Co-OC per Ferman. Basically a recruiting role. Wonder if McClendon comes in as Assistant HC.

Not sure I'm buying that article. A done deal before the Miami offer?

1. Richt was hired before muschamp
2. Richt recruited Bmac to UGA - he's known him and his family for 15 years
3. Richt gave him his first opportunity to be a coach

Unless there's a huge pay difference, I don't see any reason to go to USCe over Miami.

I think we keeping Beard if he is offering BMac the Offensive Coordinator job..... sorry, but it looks like Coley gone..cause CMR son Jon is probably coming to coach QBs

Advertisement
SOOO safe to say the coaching staff so far is... Brown, McClendon (already penciling in him), Lilly, and Jon Richt..

Unless there's a huge pay difference, I don't see any reason to go to USCe over Miami.

Makes plenty sense

USCe is the most delusional fanbase in FBS right now....I highly doubt any of what is written there. This was a school that was convinced it was landing an elite HC and ended up with Muschamp lmfao.

He's still going to be heavily involved in the offense either way. Just because you don't call plays, doesn't mean you don't do anything. There's plenty of HCs who call plays but still have OCs who help with game planning and help with play calling. It's a easy decision if really...

Advertisement
Back