Rumor on Bryan McClendon

Advertisement
I think we keeping Beard if he is offering BMac the Offensive Coordinator job..... sorry, but it looks like Coley gone..cause CMR son Jon is probably coming to coach QBs

Mclendon will be oc/wr coach and thomas brown co oc/rb.

Doesn't McClendon know Muschump is the HC at South Carolina. Therefore a WR coach is not needed!

Advertisement
Looks like coley, beard, and ice are out so far.

That's an assumption. All 3 of those (well maybe not Beard) could coach other positions or have other roles

What role? Brown is rb coach, mclendeon possibly wr and then lilly at te. Also hartley as special teams coordinator. That's 4 assistants and only 5 spots and still have to hire a defensive staff.

Why do yall want to hold on to below average coaches?

Advertisement

That's an assumption. All 3 of those (well maybe not Beard) could coach other positions or have other roles

What role? Brown is rb coach, mclendeon possibly wr and then lilly at te. Also hartley as special teams coordinator. That's 4 assistants and only 5 spots and still have to hire a defensive staff.

Scott > Lily when it comes to TE's. Walford says Hi to the 4 star recruits Lily had to work with..
Beard is NOT a below average coach...It's too early in his coaching career to say that.

Scott > Lily when it comes to TE's. Walford says Hi to the 4 star recruits Lily had to work with..
Beard is NOT a below average coach...It's too early in his coaching career to say that.

Agreed Scott has done a phenomenal job with the TE's

My post had nothing to do with wanting to hold on to anyone. Simply replied with what I thought about your first post, because that's what it is, an assumption. Don't care if they stay or go, tbh.

Advertisement
Game**** Scoop - Latest on McClendon and more

Coaching Search Tidbits
I am told Georgia interim head coach Bryan McClendon not only has an offer on the table to become South Carolina’s wide receivers coach but also one from Miami to become Mark Richt’s offensive coordinator. He is in the process of determining which route he wants to take. Richt has said he plans to get back to calling his own plays, something he got away from later in his tenure at Georgia, so it is unclear how many play calling responsibilities McClendon would have if he chose the Miami gig. The Gamecocks are awaiting an answer from him. Prior to the Miami offer, it looked like all but a done deal that McClendon was headed to Columbia.

do we have any reporters actually doing anything close to what they do at UGA and other programs? we do have SMD with he not likely to return breaking news...

If these are his only 2 offers, I'd be surprised if he chose South Carolina....

An OC at Miami must make more than a WRs coach at South Carolina, too....

Game**** Scoop - Latest on McClendon and more

Coaching Search Tidbits
I am told Georgia interim head coach Bryan McClendon not only has an offer on the table to become South Carolina’s wide receivers coach but also one from Miami to become Mark Richt’s offensive coordinator. He is in the process of determining which route he wants to take. Richt has said he plans to get back to calling his own plays, something he got away from later in his tenure at Georgia, so it is unclear how many play calling responsibilities McClendon would have if he chose the Miami gig. The Gamecocks are awaiting an answer from him. Prior to the Miami offer, it looked like all but a done deal that McClendon was headed to Columbia.

Not sure I'm buying that article. A done deal before the Miami offer?

1. Richt was hired before muschamp
2. Richt recruited Bmac to UGA - he's known him and his family for 15 years
3. Richt gave him his first opportunity to be a coach

Unless there's a huge pay difference, I don't see any reason to go to USCe over Miami.

As always, the voice of reason.

Advertisement
Not sure I'm buying that article. A done deal before the Miami offer?

1. Richt was hired before muschamp
2. Richt recruited Bmac to UGA - he's known him and his family for 15 years
3. Richt gave him his first opportunity to be a coach

Unless there's a huge pay difference, I don't see any reason to go to USCe over Miami.

As always, the voice of reason.
Unless of course you rather have smaller feel and different culture of South Carolina vs Miami setting

If this is true then his agent's doing a good job getting Richt to sweeten his money. No way he'd be dumb enough to to hitch up with Muscrap instead of coming to UM.

That RB coach shouldn't be co-oc. He's only been coaching for like 3 years. He doesn't deserve to be co-oc.
Id rather keep James Coley as Qb coach and Co-OC than this dude. Sure bring him in as RB coach if Richt wants, but Co-Oc, nah.

I think we keeping Beard if he is offering BMac the Offensive Coordinator job..... sorry, but it looks like Coley gone..cause CMR son Jon is probably coming to coach QBs

Mclendon will be oc/wr coach and thomas brown co oc/rb.

No problem with Richt surrounding himself with people he's comfortable with as he'll be calling the plays.

It's all about the DC hire anyway. That's what will make or break him.

Advertisement
Back