Rumor on Bryan McClendon

watch tape of McClendon. he is a very good coach. just because he isn't doing the drills and screaming like a teenager like beard does, doesnt mean he isn't a good coach. I like beard, he's a cane but McClendon is a very good coach.

You've determined he's a good coach from a 3 minute YouTube clip? Good stuff.

75% of this board also determined that Kevin Beard was the world's best wide receiver coach, and n upgrade over Brennan Carroll who was demoted to the NFL, based on a 3 minute youtube clip. So it's par for the course for this board.

Advertisement
watch tape of McClendon. he is a very good coach. just because he isn't doing the drills and screaming like a teenager like beard does, doesnt mean he isn't a good coach. I like beard, he's a cane but McClendon is a very good coach.

75% of this board also determined that Kevin Beard was the world's best wide receiver coach, and n upgrade over Brennan Carroll who was demoted to the NFL, based on a 3 minute youtube clip. So it's par for the course for this board.

That's a bit unfair. Carroll bolted to work with his dad - it wasn't a promotion based on merit.

That's a bit unfair. Carroll bolted to work with his dad - it wasn't a promotion based on merit.

Exactly. That's why he spent the last four years in the NFL too.

There's no limit on the amount of coaches you can have, just the amount that are allowed to recruit.

11.7.2 Football Bowl Subdivision - There shall be a limit of one head coach, nine assistant coaches and two graduate assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football.

Advertisement
That's why you have to call them "analyst" or "Assistant to the HC" or "Quaility control" or other creative names. Go look at the LSU coaching staff ... Do you really think Kragthorpe isn't a coach for that team???

Did we really promote Beard from "operations" to a "coaching" position, or did we simply slide a"untitled coach" into a "titled coach" role?

There's no limit on the amount of coaches you can have, just the amount that are allowed to recruit.

11.7.2 Football Bowl Subdivision - There shall be a limit of one head coach, nine assistant coaches and two graduate assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football.

That's why you have to call them "analyst" or "Assistant to the HC" or "Quaility control" or other creative names. Go look at the LSU coaching staff ... Do you really think Kragthorpe isn't a coach for that team???

Did we really promote Beard from "operations" to a "coaching" position, or did we simply slide a"untitled coach" into a "titled coach" role?

I'll grant you some programs may have 'extra' assistants in the support staff, but that doesn't make them coaches. I'm fairly sure the rule applies to actual coaching of players, not breaking down film or assisting the HC or Coordinators. I also agree the line is likely crossed at many programs.

Looks like Thomas Brown negotiated the title. 600k for a RB coach with his experience level is astronomical but good for him.

You have to think McClendon is holding out for 1 mil plus and the CO-OC role. The guy was national recruiter of the year in 2014.

Even though Richt's budget is not public information, you have to think it is at least 5 mil. He was in a constant battle at GA over his assistant's pay. His assistant budget was 4.8 mil in 2015 at GA.

Right now you have to think the breakdown is as follows:

WR/OC Bryan McClendon - 1 mil
RB/OC Thomas Brown - 600k
OL Could go cheaper here with guy like Kehoe. I think Larry Scott will be too expensive. somewhere around 300k here.
TE John Lilly - 600k (minimum or I don't think he comes)
QB Jon Richt - 200k

2.7 mil on offense (5 coaches)

DC Please just hire Jim Leavitt for 750k and call it a day.
DL Kevin Patrick (He would take job for 400k)
LB Mike Barrow 500k
DB ? 400k

2 mil on Defense

Advertisement

I'll grant you some programs may have 'extra' assistants in the support staff, but that doesn't make them coaches. I'm fairly sure the rule applies to actual coaching of players, not breaking down film or assisting the HC or Coordinators. I also agree the line is likely crossed at many programs.

The limit on coaches is for "on field instruction" and recruiting. I suppose that inside 4 walls you can have an unlimited staff. We all know a lot of coaching goes on off-field.

Looks like Thomas Brown negotiated the title. 600k for a RB coach with his experience level is astronomical but good for him.

You have to think McClendon is holding out for 1 mil plus and the CO-OC role. The guy was national recruiter of the year in 2014.

Even though Richt's budget is not public information, you have to think it is at least 5 mil. He was in a constant battle at GA over his assistant's pay. His assistant budget was 4.8 mil in 2015 at GA.

OL Could go cheaper here with guy like Kehoe. I think Larry Scott will be too expensive. somewhere around 300k here.
QB Jon Richt - 200k

LB Mike Barrow 500k
DB ? 400k

2 mil on Defense

Are you still spewing this crap?

Kehoe and Scott will be toast along with Beard and Ice most likely.
We are not bringing in Levitt, Patrick, or Barrow. Stop regurgitating the same Cane names from the past. New blood is on the horizon you moron.

QB Jon Richt - 200k

LB Mike Barrow 500k
DB ? 400k

2 mil on Defense

Dont see a co oc getting 1 mill and the DC who he completely depends on getting less. I expect the DC to be the highest paid assistant.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back