Rumor: Milton possibly out for season

I wasn’t aware of the extent of his injury but I read up on it when these rumors circulated. The kid hasn’t played in 2 years because of the injury and as SF said, he nearly had his leg amputated. He seems like a great kid. I will root for him but I truly hope he’s recovered because risking his health for likely 1 season of college football is a questionable proposition.

Advertisement
I hate it for the guy, honestly. Seems like a warrior on the field. We were going to curb stomp them regardless, and I actually am hoping Norvell threads the needle between “nothing to sell” and “must be fired”.
In all seriousness, how could FSU even fire Norvell? (I mean short of him doing something to break the contract) They're broke, and no coach with any dreams of a future would go there to coach even if they were able to fire Norvell. He is in purgatory, for at least 2 more years.

While I get all of that, a doctor has to clear him for anything. That doctor has to follow his oath or his professional license could be on the line. Then there's the potential for a huge lawsuit if the doctor caves to any kind of pressure.

If this was days gone by, I have no doubt that a doctor could sign off when a player shouldn't play. Today, yes it could happen, but that's the stuff you don't ever want to take a chance on as a medical professional or school.

Solid post and I don't want you to think I'm attacking it or anything.

What you’re saying is logical, but two highly qualified physicians can also have two very different opinions, as you very well know. So I’m not so sure that it’s a slam dunk that he should be playing football again. Just my opinion.

As a layman, it’s hard for me to remove the image of the gruesome injury. You don’t need to be the world’s most renowned expert on orthopedics to know that the leg can never possibly be the same. I think that’s where most people are coming from, in terms of talking about him.

But there’s no doubt that he was obviously cleared to play football. I just personally don’t see how the risk outweighs the benefit, but you know, I don’t have anything at stake here, just an opinion on a message board

Advertisement
While I get all of that, a doctor has to clear him for anything. That doctor has to follow his oath or his professional license could be on the line. Then there's the potential for a huge lawsuit if the doctor caves to any kind of pressure.

If this was days gone by, I have no doubt that a doctor could sign off when a player shouldn't play. Today, yes it could happen, but that's the stuff you don't ever want to take a chance on as a medical professional or school.

Solid post and I don't want you to think I'm attacking it or anything.

Certainly valid counterpoints on your end.

Im of the opinion that both of us might be correct here. The kid could be healed enough to get medical clearance but not to the point where he can withstand another significant injury to that leg. That's why Im hoping for parents and coaches to be voice of reason and restraint here, if need be (as none of us truly know his actual condition).

The rumor started because both Milton and JT sat out the last 3 practices, and 2 Fr that aren’t expected to play got snaps.

The pic of Dillingham on the crutches came out today. That didn’t come from a canes beatwriter, as far as I know.

All I know if their board was in meltdown mode yesterday. Today, the OP of the thread is getting called out as a fake insider. Others are saying that Milton very well may be hurt and limited.

I listened to Bud Elliot’s pod today, and he addressed it. Basically said he didn’t want to get into specifics out of respect for the staff (even though he doesn’t attend practices, so he is not at risk of having his credentials revoked), but FSU fans have known since spring that the foot/leg is an issue.

I don’t see Milton being 100%, but that’s JMO.
I don't know how his season will go, but he is practicing again and looking good.

Advertisement
Back