RUMOR: Goodbye Jordan Scarlett

LOL@ pushing this family angle. Would you even know who Scarlett is much less care if he couldn't tote a football well? The honest answer there is no, please stop acting like these players are family to you. Your reasons for wanting them at Miami are just as self-serving as any other fan base.
To an extent, perhaps to those of us who are not directly a part of their community. But a large number of canes fans are. And they do know these kids since their first peewee days and have followed them since. Very close knit. So yeah actually, they have all the right to push the family angle because it's accurate.

That angle can only be pushed by one fan base, the U's. Not one 400 miles north, or 600 miles north. Sorry.

Advertisement
LMAO@ anyone thinking Matt Jones would be an elite RB. Most schools recruited him as a receiver. He's big, not elusive, and may be a 4.7 guy. Please stop making things up. You're right, a school is responsible for producing talent. It's not the kid's talent itself or the coaching staff in place. If a recruit signs at a particular school he's guaranteed to be a stud or bust. Genius.

Dude wtf are you talking about? Matt Jones was recruited as a running back by everybody. Would not have even considered a swith of positions. Now being from Tampa I thought he was severely overrated and laughed when people said he would be an elite rb

No he wasn't. He also had offers as an H-back at 6'3 225. He went to UF to play in Muschamp's power scheme as that fit him better. But I don't think anyone ever thought he'd be an elite RB and I personally never thought he was a feature back. He wasn't even UF's first choice that year, he's the definition of a JAG.

Dude muschump wasnt even the ******* coach who recruited jones.. but you know it all right. Go back and check your facts homey cause jones was only considering schools who recruited him as a rb. And tebow was not recruited at any other position but qb. If your gonna make **** up have the facts to back it up. And dont go back and show what his freshman year high school coach said either

LOL. Good lord you're retarded. Jones signed with UF in 12', please enlighten me as to who was UF's coach at that time. Hint: Muschamp. And that was his second class at UF as 11' was his transition class, so fail. And yes, Tebow was recruited by many schools as a linebacker and even TE. Please stop posting.

Teblow was never recruited as a ******* linebacker and tight end by anybody with a ******* pulse bro. And muschamp may have finished recruiting jones but he wasn't responsible for him going to florida.

Too be fair tubs, I believe I read and heard from other radio shows that Coker recruited him as a hback/full back. That being said, I think we keep Scarlett.

Man either he's trolling the **** out of us, or he's trolling the gators hard cause that clutchlikemj kid started soemthing called #gatorgang yesterday, and now look what scarlett posted @Famousscarlett: Gotta love my #CANEGANG http://t.co/SD9kZHOQEP

Advertisement
Any chance that offering Archer might secure Scarlett?

If so, it is a no brainer b/c the kid is solid and we are hurting for any defensive players

Him and Archer look almost like twins; are they at least cousins, if not bros?

Advertisement
You can thank Duke's Mother for this if it happens. IF she privately reached out to UM/Golden after her remarks why didn't she make some sort of statement in the media?

Dukes mom now responsible! WTF! Why do you stupid MUTHAFUKAS keep wanting to blame everyone else for Goldies catastrophic failures in recruiting, games and coaching? I love the Canes and always will, but we got ONE problem! Al Golden has not been fired!

One thing you learn in life is that sometime it's better to air dirty laundry privately. I'm not saying she should not have said anything--it's her prerogative to say what she wants. I sometime wish she hadn't; it gives me a little bit of a bitter taste about Duke's wonderful career at and dedication to the U. I don't know exactly what problems she's aware of that we aren't--you can say we know how bad the coaching is, and how bad the program is run. I can also understand how she, Duke and his friends/teammates might be very disappointed by the outcome of the season, despite Duke's own personal outstanding year. I kind of wish she had not said anything because it might be hurting the program. I'm not one who wants to destroy everything and hope some savior is going to come in and rebuild it back to championship form. I'm of the view that, at least at this point, it's better to keep supporting the staff we have and hope things get better. As I've said before, I think AG's days at UM are numbered anyway. I don't see the coaching ability he needs for this job.

Any sign of dissension can be deadly, though. I also understand that many--including me--are very unhappy with the current state of affairs.

I don't think they are going to make a change now, while the whole university is in a state of flux while a new president is sought. It' not the time for the BOT to worry about a football coach. The new pres might want to look at the athletic department from top to bottom. I also don't think Butch will be in the cards, just because I think the bridges have been burnt. Who knows, though? I thought the same of Art Kehoe after he sued the program.

Remember when you guys signed Kelvin Taylor and Matt Jones and thought they would be those types of RBs for you?

What happened?

Matt Jones has no business leaving early, hasn't accomplished ****, b/c UF can't produce NFL RBs.

LMAO@ anyone thinking Matt Jones would be an elite RB. Most schools recruited him as a receiver. He's big, not elusive, and may be a 4.7 guy. Please stop making things up. You're right, a school is responsible for producing talent. It's not the kid's talent itself or the coaching staff in place. If a recruit signs at a particular school he's guaranteed to be a stud or bust. Genius.

Yeah, but they do need another RB badly....one who won't have to come out of the game for incontinence and to swap his Depends.

Advertisement
Dude wtf are you talking about? Matt Jones was recruited as a running back by everybody. Would not have even considered a swith of positions. Now being from Tampa I thought he was severely overrated and laughed when people said he would be an elite rb

No he wasn't. He also had offers as an H-back at 6'3 225. He went to UF to play in Muschamp's power scheme as that fit him better. But I don't think anyone ever thought he'd be an elite RB and I personally never thought he was a feature back. He wasn't even UF's first choice that year, he's the definition of a JAG.

Dude muschump wasnt even the ******* coach who recruited jones.. but you know it all right. Go back and check your facts homey cause jones was only considering schools who recruited him as a rb. And tebow was not recruited at any other position but qb. If your gonna make **** up have the facts to back it up. And dont go back and show what his freshman year high school coach said either

LOL. Good lord you're retarded. Jones signed with UF in 12', please enlighten me as to who was UF's coach at that time. Hint: Muschamp. And that was his second class at UF as 11' was his transition class, so fail. And yes, Tebow was recruited by many schools as a linebacker and even TE. Please stop posting.

Teblow was never recruited as a ******* linebacker and tight end by anybody with a ******* pulse bro. And muschamp may have finished recruiting jones but he wasn't responsible for him going to florida.

WTF? Jones was in Muschamp's second class. Muschamp had been at UF a year officially at that time. Who the **** was responsible for recruiting him then if not Muschamp?

And you don't know what you're talking about regarding Tebow, sorry. He admitted himself that numerous schools recruited him for other positions. Just let it go.

LOL@ pushing this family angle. Would you even know who Scarlett is much less care if he couldn't tote a football well? The honest answer there is no, please stop acting like these players are family to you. Your reasons for wanting them at Miami are just as self-serving as any other fan base.
To an extent, perhaps to those of us who are not directly a part of their community. But a large number of canes fans are. And they do know these kids since their first peewee days and have followed them since. Very close knit. So yeah actually, they have all the right to push the family angle because it's accurate.

That angle can only be pushed by one fan base, the U's. Not one 400 miles north, or 600 miles north. Sorry.

I agree with you regarding some fans and that connection, but that certainly isn't the majority. I just found his post extremely pious, which was absurd. There are some fans who have a personal connection with recruits but the majority would not know who they were much less cared if they didn't play football well. Proof? Look at how posters trash guys who are seen as not worthy of a scholarship, nobody wants him at their school if they think he can't play. So my point in all this, let's just be real. Miami fans want Scarlett at their school for the same reason every other school does, because he's **** good. Not because of 'family' or any other nonsense. If he was some 2-star recruit with barely any offers nobody would want him

I agree with you regarding some fans and that connection, but that certainly isn't the majority. I just found his post extremely pious, which was absurd. There are some fans who have a personal connection with recruits but the majority would not know who they were much less cared if they didn't play football well. Proof? Look at how posters trash guys who are seen as not worthy of a scholarship, nobody wants him at their school if they think he can't play. So my point in all this, let's just be real. Miami fans want Scarlett at their school for the same reason every other school does, because he's **** good. Not because of 'family' or any other nonsense. If he was some 2-star recruit with barely any offers nobody would want him

I understand where you're coming from but I think it's not as accurate with this particular fanbase. There's still a sense of (no relation to the spin hashtag) unity within Miami to keep our own here. Obviously no team wants players that can't play. But ask a Miami fan if they prefer a NR player from NJ or a NR player from home, and we'll pick the Miami boy each time.

It's the same reason that, despite Miami being a "Pro" town, when we're on top there's nothing like it. It feels diff than when the heat are on top, or even the dolphins. And it's bc it's mostly this city's sons on the team. So perhaps family may be too strong of word, but it's certainly more than just a fan wanting x-player. And not to be cliche man, but it really is a Cane thing, you just wouldn't understand.

Advertisement

I understand where you're coming from but I think it's not as accurate with this particular fanbase. There's still a sense of (no relation to the spin hashtag) unity within Miami to keep our own here. Obviously no team wants players that can't play. But ask a Miami fan if they prefer a NR player from NJ or a NR player from home, and we'll pick the Miami boy each time.

It's the same reason that, despite Miami being a "Pro" town, when we're on top there's nothing like it. It feels diff than when the heat are on top, or even the dolphins. And it's bc it's mostly this city's sons on the team. So perhaps family may be too strong of word, but it's certainly more than just a fan wanting x-player. And not to be cliche man, but it really is a Cane thing, you just wouldn't understand.

Rep this man

+rep. I get where you're coming from. Obviously UF is different from Miami but I root extra hard for the kids from the surrounding areas as well. So I see that end of it.

WTF? Jones was in Muschamp's second class. Muschamp had been at UF a year officially at that time. Who the **** was responsible for recruiting him then if not Muschamp?

And you don't know what you're talking about regarding Tebow, sorry. He admitted himself that numerous schools recruited him for other positions. Just let it go.

Look at when he committed to florida dip****. Urban meyer and his staff did the majority of the recruiting of jones. And if you really believe that tebow was recruited to play anything other than qb you are a ******* ******. He may have been told that **** as a high school freshman but he was never recruited to play linebacker or tight end just like jones wasnt recruited to play anything but rb. But hey you think what you want. Youre the *** *** gator posting on a miami site

You're dumb, and apparently have awful, awful reading comprehension. Jones never committed to Meyer, there's your first fail. And secondly, I never argued either of those guys were recruited to UF to play other positions. I stated that other schools recruited them at those positions to support my point that what they're listed as on their recruiting profile doesn't necessarily mean that's what position all schools are recruiting them for. A point which is inarguable for anybody who has followed recruiting for any length of time. Do the world a favor and stop breathing.

Advertisement
Back