Rumblings from the locker room

Your points are not mutually exclusive.....Both can exist in the same world. I guess, different strokes for different folks. If someone would have asked me would a 5 star recruit be willing to sit out a year from football, after already sitting out due to transfer rules, I would have laughed. Gerald Willis is now in a better position to make real money based upon an unorthodox decision that he made a year ago. I've learned to never underestimate the unexpected.

Linemen are completely different from skill players like WR & RB. Of course every situation is different, but I don't see JT staying in college beyond year 3. Harley probably will, that's why I wouldn't rule him out.

Advertisement
Sources say that definately maybe there is tension in the locker room according to witnesses.

Not saying I don't believe you, but we've all been sold an empty well before.

Frankly I hope they are ****ed off.

In all honesty, unless the rumblings are coming from within the BOT none of it will lead to anything that will actually help this program.

Linemen are completely different from skill players like WR & RB. Of course every situation is different, but I don't see JT staying in college beyond year 3. Harley probably will, that's why I wouldn't rule him out.
Kendrick Norton & R.J. McIntosh are the two most recent to come to mind, of course. However, there are several lineman, D-lineman to be specific, that have either declared early or transferred from our program in recent years.

OP. Appreciate the post but is this really all the player gave you?

“he gave me a vibe/said today that things aren't right in the locker room. Direct quote "it hasn't been a fun week for us."”

I mention a little later other news he's given me that I haven't shared because it's not my job. I also didn't press him on anything because that's not my job either. We're friends and he tells me what he does when he wants. I guess the more relevant part is the "pointing fingers" part and how I'm trying to connect that to the Mike Harley example. My post is more out of frustration and fear of players transferring following Richt's ineptitude than anything else. Apologies if I'm making it seem like the sky is falling, it's not.

Advertisement
Kendrick Norton & R.J. McIntosh are the two most recent to come to mind, of course. However, there are several lineman, D-lineman to be specific, that have either declared early or transferred from our program in recent years.

Sure, some of our guys have made horrible decisions to leave regardless of position, but that's against the norm. Jeff will leave because he'll be a top pick, which is common for skill positions to leave early and get drafted high. That's the point.

Advertisement
Richt has never won a championship and doesn't look like he'll even regularly win divisions at Miami which is pathetic.

An offensive coach? At this moment, yes, he is quite offensive.

But he doesn't know how to run an offense.

Is Erickson available to show him how to run things? Spurrier?

Advertisement
I mention a little later other news he's given me that I haven't shared because it's not my job. I also didn't press him on anything because that's not my job either. We're friends and he tells me what he does when he wants. I guess the more relevant part is the "pointing fingers" part and how I'm trying to connect that to the Mike Harley example. My post is more out of frustration and fear of players transferring following Richt's ineptitude than anything else. Apologies if I'm making it seem like the sky is falling, it's not.

You’re good. Appreciate the info.

Sounds bad

I don't think Richt understands the ramifications this decision could potentially have.

Lol at this comment... Richt played football and has coached longer than a lot of ppl have been alive. If you don’t think he doesn’t understand how locker room politics work you’re reaching.

It’s on the leadership of the team to not bxxch up bc of one uncomfortable event taking place... I’ll trust our leadership and getting the team heads straight to win out the rest of the regular season games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
yea and the golden boy perry threw **** near 3 INTS on 1 qtr LOL
Late in the 4th driving deep in UVA territory, Malik's int was just as bad, if not worse, not to mention the pass he threw to JT in triple coverage that should have been picked along with several poorly thrown balls.

After Butch left, when the admin wanted to hire Barry Alvarez, the players threatened to transfer unless Larry Coker was made the head coach at the U. We all know what happened to our program after that.

Players write stupid **** on white boards like "Don't be a fan later," acting all big..... and then they lose to Virginia two weeks later.

Yep.

Alvarez was actually a very solid HC with Wisky.

After Butch left, when the admin wanted to hire Barry Alvarez, the players threatened to transfer unless Larry Coker was made the head coach at the U. We all know what happened to our program after that.

Players write stupid **** on white boards like "Don't be a fan later," acting all big..... and then they lose to Virginia two weeks later.

Advertisement
Back