Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
****; that’s a pretty spot on analogy
I lived 12 blocks east of tropical park for a year or so. This was 11-12 years ago. There is zero involvement by the bureaucrats to take care of the place. But, ooohhhhh nooooooo, someone starts mentioning actually putting it to good use, and the politicians get their power-hungry panties in a twist.

Advertisement
From the fish wrapper known as The Herald:

As adopted, the county’s 2023 pay plan will increase compensation for the 13 commissioners by $79,000. The bulk of the increase comes from a $61,000 retirement contribution that’s currently just $11,500 a year. Regular compensation increases from $48,000 to about $70,000 with boosts in commissioners’ expense allowances, car stipends and other cash benefits.

The “Central Park” of southwest Dade??
LMAO.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I lived 12 blocks east of tropical park for a year or so. This was 11-12 years ago. There is zero involvement by the bureaucrats to take care of the place. But, ooohhhhh nooooooo, someone starts mentioning actually putting it to good use, and the politicians get their power-hungry panties in a twist.

Manny's pappy got his dipping sauce off baseball stadium... CG politicians see their gravy train pulling into the station..

Advertisement

Same chit happened in Carson; that’s where the original NFL Stadium was supposed to be. Matter of fact, when u get off of the 405 frwy in Carson on this exit called Avalon, you’ll see the abandoned street called “Stadium Way.”

They built a Porsche Experience Center over there, new living facilities, all under the assumption the stadium was going to be built. Everything was smooth until “environmentalists” on the council started to get involved & began saying this & that w continued contingencies. They didn’t give af about environment; the contingency was they kept wanting their pockets lined.

Environment? Lol. Carson just had a F’ing gas leak for months from an ARCO plant. Oh, ya’ll didn’t know? That’s right, in the city of Carson where ppl reside paying high 6 figures at a shade under a $1m, there’s petroleum plants in their back yard. (That’s plant w/ a “s”) City officials said the gases emitted weren’t harmful, until ONLY after ppl start getting sick from said gasses where they invoked a stay at home order. Lol

Yet, they were “so concerned” over the stadium & its “effects” on the city’s residents. Lol. Miami folks think they the only ones that deal w/ crooked bull chit. I got stories for days from L.A & it’s surrounding suburban cities & the political bull chit they pulled, saying one thing in public w/ such elaborate speech & getting caught w/ hands on suitcases behind closed doors. It’s why my homeboy & my homegirl both left the local political arenas.

Last edited:
Advertisement
its in hialeah now
They moved it again. I **** you not that it's going to be downwind of a garbage dump in Doral. The people running it are claiming the smell won't be an issue because no trucks dump garbage there at night.

The best part of Miami is sometimes you couldn't even make the stuff up if you actually tried.

Guy is a dope for using words like "sacrosanct, "thus", comparing it to central park lmao, and using the phrase "marvelous enclave of joy."

With that said, I understand why people who aren't Hurricane fans wouldn't want a stadium there.
It was a race track for crying out loud.
A den of gambling & sin.
Tiday it's a dump.
I live 4 miles away

Advertisement
TP is an absolute dump. Just like Bicentennial Park was before they built the museums and completely renovated the adjacent park. Nobody with standards for how they live should be satisfied with the current state of TP.
it isn't a dump, it's a typical county park. do you visit it regularly?

also, opposition has already started to collate. https://savetropicalpark.good.do/stadium/sayno/

for the purpose of context, Suoto (who has represented Westchester for 30 years) and some powerful real estate developers proposed a few months ago to incorporate Westchester into its own city so that it could have its own zoning code and therefore developed. the residents of the area swiftly came out against the proposal and it died. they will fight (have already started to) the stadium.

You can't just build a stadium there. You have to provide the residents with enough incentives that they cannot turn it down.

It was a race track for crying out loud.
A den of gambling & sin.
Tiday it's a dump.
I live 4 miles away
The number of people still around who remember it as a race track is pretty small.

You can't just build a stadium there. You have to provide the residents with enough incentives that they cannot turn it down.
A brand new park isn't enough incentive? If the residents want the park to remain in its current condition (a hotbed for riff-raff with outdated concessions) then they deserve what they'll get if they fight to keep this from happening.

Advertisement
Back