Ruiz Stadium update?

I was at that game too. In the end it's just an opinion and there's no way to prove it. 🤷‍♂️
Go back and watch old Dolphins games where the game had to be stopped because the opponents couldn't hear anything in the WEZ. Plus. you are literally the only person to ever say that 17' ND was just as loud as 89 ND. Which tells me your memory or attention to detail isn't very good. HRS has a different noise factor since the renderings are very high and the sound system is so loud. The OB was different.

Advertisement
Go back and watch old Dolphins games where the game had to be stopped because the opponents couldn't hear anything in the WEZ. Plus. you are literally the only person to ever say that 17' ND was just as loud as 89 ND. Which tells me your memory or attention to detail isn't very good. HRS has a different noise factor since the renderings are very high and the sound system is so loud. The OB was different.
I don't need to watch I was at everyone of them. Been season ticket holder for both UM and Dolphins since 1979.

Wow!! My favorite actress was Traci...played awesome roles
Haha. She was good on it. Never got to meet her but I did meet this dude Jeremy that was probably the main male actor. Cool guy. Will humor incessant jokes about him trying to roofie drinks.

My sister was pretty upset when Covid basically expedited its cancelation as it was a consistent easy payday for NY based actors that aren't on soap operas. She does agree with me though that show was also basically running out of material to do or that they were willing to do. Like a kid can only come out of the closet to an angry parent in a diner or deli soooooo many times.

Haha. She was good on it. Never got to meet her but I did meet this dude Jeremy that was probably the main male actor. Cool guy. Will humor incessant jokes about him trying to roofie drinks.

My sister was pretty upset when Covid basically expedited its cancelation as it was a consistent easy payday for NY based actors that aren't on soap operas. She does agree with me though that show was also basically running out of material to do or that they were willing to do. Like a kid can only come out of the closet to an angry parent in a diner or deli soooooo many times.
That is true...material was running thin...that is so cool that you met Jeremy...he played a good jerk so many times...big fan.
Your sis had a great gig man

The OB was so loud that concrete would drop from the upper deck due to the number of people pounding on it… ok that really was just because it was falling apart BUT it was so loud that I walked out of many games unable to hear right for a day and concerts I didn’t have the same issue.

Advertisement

Rose Bowl has always been like this. UCLA student body is huge, but UCLA is a b-ball school, not a football school. Rose Bowl is way far from campus, & to get there is a bih. Pasadena is already congested to get to, but to get to the Rose Bowl is even worst.

Hence, y UCLA became a managing partner of the Rose Bowl to garnish revenue from outside events held at the Rose Bowl & naming rights revenue. Ticket sales? Nah. Lol. Y do u think they r in the red, athletically? When Covid hit, that took away millions upon millions of dollars in loss revenue b/c The RB froze important events. Then the little ticket sales they received were pretty much non existent, then Under Armour kicked them in the nuts by cutting up their contract.

There’s no viable way to have an on campus stadium for them. Westwood is in the heart of a business district, & they have zero room

Advertisement
Ruiz isn't going to build a stadium. He's now heading a committee- in partnership with the University, athletic department, Coach Cristobal, and U Health- to distribute funds to aggrieved South Florida residents, like Shemar Stewart, who believe the program owes them something.

Guy is a dope for using words like "sacrosanct, "thus", comparing it to central park lmao, and using the phrase "marvelous enclave of joy."

With that said, I understand why people who aren't Hurricane fans wouldn't want a stadium there.
hes outgoing anyways. not like his opinion matters anymore. I do agree w your second point. I tell people all the time. when youre from the area, you realize the fanbase isnt as large as you think. there are a lot of gator and nole fans that grew up as fans of those teams. then you have the ones who were canes fans that went to FSU or UF (bc free and UF is a quality education for a lot less than miami) that came back and are now UF or FSU fans

hes outgoing anyways. not like his opinion matters anymore. I do agree w your second point. I tell people all the time. when youre from the area, you realize the fanbase isnt as large as you think. there are a lot of gator and nole fans that grew up as fans of those teams. then you have the ones who were canes fans that went to FSU or UF (bc free and UF is a quality education for a lot less than miami) that came back and are now UF or FSU fans
Yep. A lot of my friends that used to root for the Canes with me when we were kids went to FSU, UF, even UCF and they support their new schools now

Advertisement
When Miami is winning 10 games a year it'll be cool to be a Canes fan again. Kids like teams that win lol

When Miami is winning 10 games a year it'll be cool to be a Canes fan again. Kids like teams that win lol
agreed. I mean why would you like a team you dont have a. connection to that loses all the time lol. **** sucks. for games I can't make, I can't even give my tickets away anymore. people are more likely to buy my Parkin pass than my game tickets now

Advertisement
Has anyone addressed who would get the revenue from the stadium?

I understand will be privately funded

Advertisement
Back