Ruiz Stadium update?

Its almost like you don't even read and want to argue... Everyone wants a stadium, no ones crying, if ****e *** Pitt and Temple can get there's done then Miami can too. Nothing wrong with wanting to make HRS look more like our house on gameday.
I’ll hire a dude in front of Home Depot Tom and sneak him in w some cans of spray. Which color you want? Pink blue? will that appeal to the say yes to the dress crowd

Advertisement
We gonna cry bout endzones who no one ever notices? Come on now, there are more reasons to wanting a home than paint lol
What's funny is that these same fans didn't have a **** thing to say when the beloved Orange Bowl didn't have our trademarks in the endzone, it ONLY happened once the Dolphins moved. I'm convinced that we have some of the most whiny, entitled fans in the country. Then again, the same fans that get up in arms about this, didn't do a **** thing when politicians took our home from under us.

Its almost like you don't even read and want to argue... Everyone wants a stadium, no ones crying, if ****e *** Pitt and Temple can get there's done then Miami can too. Nothing wrong with wanting to make HRS look more like our house on gameday.
They have our ring of honor, they have our accomplishments visible on multiple levels. We have U branded wraps and banners throughout the stadium. Maybe, not just maybe if more of our fans actually attended games, they would see those things and not rely on what is shown on TV to make outrageous statements.

Would our own stadium be nice? Yes, but let's visit REALITY for a second. It's a long, long way aways(if it ever happens at all) and as we've seen time and time again, the University of Miami doesn't have the amount of local political muscle that our fanbase believes we do. Guess what we will need in order to get a stadium worth a **** built, especially if it's at Tropical Park.

What's funny is that these same fans didn't have a **** thing to say when the beloved Orange Bowl didn't have our trademarks in the endzone, it ONLY happened once the Dolphins moved. I'm convinced that we have some of the most whiny, entitled fans in the country. Then again, the same fans that get up in arms about this, didn't do a **** thing when politicians took our home from under us.

R u referring to the early years when the EZ had no paint?

Advertisement
i've been saying this from day one, win and everything takes care of itself, although i don't necessary agree with the fact that HRS will be talked about like the Orange Bowl.

Many of us were at this game. I was at a lot of big games in the OB too. The Wez was no joke but the entirety of HRS has the same vibe when the crowd is in the right headspace. Many of the biggest, loudest OB games weren’t so crazy in the upper decks or areas at the open end zone. Against ND in 17 the quietest place in the whole stadium might have been on the field. In the stands it was intolerable for every ND fan and even some Miami fans were like god**** you MFs are crazy.

Advertisement
Many of us were at this game. I was at a lot of big games in the OB too. The Wez was no joke but the entirety of HRS has the same vibe when the crowd is in the right headspace. Many of the biggest, loudest OB games weren’t so crazy in the upper decks or areas at the open end zone. Against ND in 17 the quietest place in the whole stadium might have been on the field. In the stands it was intolerable for every ND fan and even some Miami fans were like god**** you MFs are crazy.
Imagine what it was like in 1989 against ND....It made 2017 UM vs ND look like a Bethune crowd...Total insanity for 3-4 hrs

David Quinones? Who the Fook is that guy!!!!
Is he the little brother of John Quinones from ABC "What would you do?"
Hahaha! Don't you ever associate a gem of a man like Johnny Q with this hater just because they share a surname!

I did really crack up that you referenced that show though. My sister was one of the reoccurring actors on it. Spent a lot of time in diners in Jersey.

Imagine what it was like in 1989 against ND....It made 2017 UM vs ND look like a Bethune crowd...Total insanity for 3-4 hrs
I’m just saying I believe HRS in any seat is louder than most seats in the OB excluding the Lower bowl of the WEZ and maybe some of the sideline seats back under the upper deck over hang.

I’m just saying I believe HRS in any seat is louder than most seats in the OB excluding the Lower bowl of the WEZ and maybe some of the sideline seats back under the upper deck over hang.
No way is HRS even remotely louder than the OB....The loudest crowd I ever heard in the OB (Dolphins or Canes) was the 89 UM/ND game. Absolutely deafening...I was at the 2017 game, and although it was loud...it wasn't near the 1989 noise. Even on Bandys Pick6....compare it to Carlos Jones Pick6 in the 1994 UM vs FSU game...and the noise level.....Loudest Moment I ever heard in 200+ UM games & 150+ Dolphin games.

Advertisement
Hard to believe that the OB got “ much louder” than HRS the night we played ND. I mean we were not even at the half and ND fans were plugging their ears and leaving early. It was loud as af! It was’t just about the opponent or the ranking. That was a decade and a half of frustration being let out.
2017 ND was the absolute perfect storm of an opponent on that night, and short of playing in thr CFP title game at HRS in the future, we will never replicate THAT crowd there again.

No way is HRS even remotely louder than the OB....The loudest crowd I ever heard in the OB (Dolphins or Canes) was the 89 UM/ND game. Absolutely deafening...I was at the 2017 game, and although it was loud...it wasn't near the 1989 noise. Even on Bandys Pick6....compare it to Carlos Jones Pick6 in the 1994 UM vs FSU game...and the noise level.....Loudest Moment I ever heard in 200+ UM games & 150+ Dolphin games.
Believe your memory of the OB is verging on nostalgia. Decibels are decibels ... and the 2017 UM / ND game was LOUD. Loudest game that Herbie had ever heard as well. Come on. That place was unplayable for an opponent.

Advertisement
Believe your memory of the OB is verging on nostalgia. Decibels are decibels ... and the 2017 UM / ND game was LOUD. Loudest game that Herbie had ever heard as well. Come on. That place was unplayable for an opponent.
Verging on nostalgia??...I was at the 2017 game....it had absolutely NOTHING Decibel wise than 1989 OB UM vs ND....Even Lou Holtz said he's never heard anything like it. You could not hear yourself think for almost 4hrs....anyone else who was there will tell you the same thing. And that was #1 ND....Not some so-so ND team like 2017.

Verging on nostalgia??...I was at the 2017 game....it had absolutely NOTHING Decibel wise than 1989 OB UM vs ND....Even Lou Holtz said he's never heard anything like it. You could not hear yourself think for almost 4hrs....anyone else who was there will tell you the same thing. And that was #1 ND....Not some so-so ND team like 2017.
Lous Holtz is an idiot ... don't bring that ******* into a conversation for legitimacy.

Lous Holtz is an idiot ... don't bring that ******* into a conversation for legitimacy.
Listen man....even the UM vs Houston/Klingler game at the OB in 91 was as loud...if not louder. Same goes for the 03 UM vs UF game. I've been going to the OB since 74 for Dolphin games (alot of them...and HUGE games) and been going to the OB for UM games since 76 (steadily since 78) and I've never heard the noise (for an entire game) and Hysteria that I heard at UM/ND 89....even 1 1/2 before the game...halftime...and 2hrs after the game was insanity. Loudest Moment??....Without Question Los's pick6 vs FSU....The crowd was already in a frenzy the play before cause of Lang & Sapps sack of Kanell. Once Carlos crossed the Goaline...it was like an Atom Bomb went off. My former wife had a scared look on her face....It felt like the Ole Girl was coming down.

From a decibel standpoint I don’t think it’s possible that the orange bowl is louder than hard rock. Roof, Ob open end zone, etc. The glorious part of the OB was not only was it very loud but it felt like it was about to come down at times. Special place no doubt but from an acoustic standpoint I don’t see how the orange bowl is louder than hard rock. The dolphins and hurricanes have just sucked at Joe Robbie, land shark, hard rock etc

Advertisement
Back