Ruiz Stadium update?

But according to some here, in theory, UM should be playing at the AAA rather than owning their own venue that generates additional profit for the athletic department. An arena, btw, that hosts many additional events outside of basketball ball games.
You have to think big.

Dan Radakovich isn’t the type to say, we can’t do this. If it’s important, he’s saying, how do we do this.

Advertisement
You have to think big.

Dan Radakovich isn’t the type to say, we can’t do this. If it’s important, he’s saying, how do we do this.
Fans (people) are selfish. It’s that simple. Their inconvenience or agenda means more to them than what is best for the school and this program. Unfortunately, that mind set is common practice in their lives. Fortunately, they aren’t making any decisions.

hope it happens bc renderings are gorgeous. I do say that the no public funding is a. bit skeptical bc even the privately funded ventures get some sort of break (whether in taxes, etc.) or subsidies that we dont know about fully. again, biggest issue will be that hes gotta buy a public ******* park from the county. if it were just on an empty set of land somewhere in the county where he can just buy as a commercial developer id be more hopeful

Advertisement
Advertisement
But according to some here, in theory, UM should be playing at the AAA rather than owning their own venue that generates additional profit for the athletic department. An arena, btw, that hosts many additional events outside of basketball ball games.
Bro, do you know how many NBA Finals games have been played at AAA, bro? Like literally the Canes would be playing beneath the rafters of so many goats. No other college basketball arena could possibly compare. Plus it’s next door to where they used to have Ultra. And now it’s named FTX, so NIL deals could be paid in Bitcoin, bro.

Why does Miami media love to go against the Canes? Is there is a backstory to the likes of Corben, Lebetard, etc. I couldn't imagine seeing this type of talk in Tuscaloosa or Athens or Texas.
Small, “elite” school with a perceived outsized importance relative to the total population. Not everyone’s gonna love us by default, so there’s a haters market to tap into and capitalize off of.

Advertisement
Fans (people) are selfish. It’s that simple. Their inconvenience or agenda means more to them than what is best for the school and this program. Unfortunately, that mind set is common practice in their lives. Fortunately, they aren’t making any decisions.
Is it selfish to ask questions about what is at best a project with iffy odds? Is it selfish to actually be able to think critically and not rely on shaming language?

Exactly. I'm not just going to take the word of a guy who despite doing a good amount for the University will benefit directly(To potentially the tune of billions) if this project happens and as has been stated before, WE STILL WON'T OWN THE FACILITY. As most of us have said, if it happens, then fine, but there are a lot of obstacles in the way, and honestly, Ruiz hasn't come close to answering how a lot of those obstacles will be overcome.

Why does Miami media love to go against the Canes? Is there is a backstory to the likes of Corben, Lebetard, etc. I couldn't imagine seeing this type of talk in Tuscaloosa or Athens or Texas.
I haven’t lived in south Florida since I was a kid, but from a distance it looks like everyone is out for themselves. All other loves are secondary to the self.

Advertisement
After the marlins park fiasco, and the voting last year with the Inter Miami stadium. Doubt the city will allow this to happen there’s a greater chance of the stadium being built in Hialeah gardens then in tropical park lol.
Hopefully the Marlins will move…to parts unknown with Demolition, The Powers of Pain, and Ultimate Warrior..:and Miami can reclaim the sacred grounds.

Fundamental difference between our football program and basketball program. We actually had the land on campus needed to build a facility, and even then, it wasn't nearly the facility that the school wanted to build, thanks to the City of Coral Gables. It made sense to build a midsize facility on campus, because of the utility for both the men's and women's program and it also serves a multi faceted purpose for the University community at large. It is by the far the largest building on campus in regards to capacity and can be used for a ton of things.

With all due respect, you are far too invested in this, to where any critical thinking ruffles your feathers.

Hopefully the Marlins will move…to parts unknown with Demolition, The Powers of Pain, and Ultimate Warrior..:and Miami can reclaim the sacred grounds.
That would be the OPTIMAL situation. What drives me nuts is all the people that are screaming for this stadium didn't do or say a **** thing when the City screwed us over on that site. Then again, it was easier for this "Fanbase" to blame Dr. Shalala instead of Manny Diaz Sr. and the rest of the crooked politicians that instead of extensively renovating the OB and then building the Marlins a park, basically executed a sweetheart deal for the Marlins and Marlins alone...

I don’t know how this plays out but the video on Lebatard where Billy says this HURTS negotiations with Hard Rock is just patently false. It’s why I think he’s full of **** with what he’s saying because how is a closer and potentially free stadium hurting their chance with Steve Ross and Garfinkel in discussing a new lease lol

Advertisement
Back