Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
Like I've continuously said, I challenge anyone to give me a name of ANY person of stature at or around UM that is talking to Billy about anything that isn't named David Epstein or Izzy Havenick- and Havenick barely qualifies here.

He doesn't know **** about anything and spins his own narratives only based on how much attention they can get him or if there's any personal gain to be had.

Need proof? Just go review his comments on Lebatard just prior to us hiring Mario and Rad. He was as ****sure about UM not spending money to even be remotely competitive in CFB as he is now about the stadium.

It’s Epstein.

Advertisement
I think the real question might be if Corben would be relevant without Kevin Brinkworth?

Or would he have been a one hit wonder with Cocaine Cowboys that we all forgot about a long time ago?
Screwball was really, really good too. (Anyone from South Florida will enjoy the story.)

I’m just guessing. It’s possible he is still butthurt from about six months ago. Like @Tad Footeball said, if Billy is telling the truth about having a source, it could be Epstein, or possibly Havernick. Or he has no source.

Yeah, I agree. Those have to be his sources or he’s a pathological liar looking to stay relevant.

Advertisement
Regardless of the He said She said aspect of this we still are a long ways out from this happening..... If it does at all... and yes I want it to happen... but... The stadium lease thing is a big hurdle... Not saying it can't be worked out but it's a big issue .... Should the powers that be decide not to play ball we're stuck there for a long while....

Live look at Billy C after reading this:

Billy jumped on my boys Fresh or Phresh podcast so I know he’s good people but he deserves to be crucified by the Ruiz’s for his shtick on stadium. Then again, I think he’s looking for a reaction.

Advertisement
Corben looks dumb. There is a 0.0% chance that Ruiz is running with this if there wasn’t interest from the UM side. It would be ridiculous to do so. Radakovich said himself he would be interested. He’s a facilities builder and that is clearly one of the main reasons he was hired.

Will a stadium get done? Would it be at Tropical? Those are legit questions but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if a stadium project gets done in the next 5-10 years. Corben or anyone who thinks UM doesn’t have interest is out of their mind.

Why, yes. What have we seen out of Ruiz's history that suggests he is careful, considerate, or precise in his public statements?

Folks here appear to be bashing Corben's statement simply because it's coming from him, instead of assessing what he's actually saying. What he's suggesting is that Ruiz is pushing this idea on his own, without any blessing or approval from the university. If that's the case, then all of this is just speculation and fun message board fodder. That doesn't make him a hater, just a realist.

problem is if Corben's suggestion is just speculation, which would technically make him a hater.

nothing about his statement suggests any first-hand knowledge of conversations the Ruiz family has had with []__[].

he sounds like a critic 'on the outside looking in'...

Johnny is trusting Epstein a bit too much here imo but he also could be right and Corben has ZERO sauces AT the school and is just getting his "info' from Havenick who wouldn't be anywhere near in the loop on anything.

At that's assuming Billy isn't just forming opinions based on nothing but voices in his head or his ever growing gut.
He's trying to expose Billy and get a reaction to smoke out the "high-level source". I believe he has a source that was in the old guard of leadership because 'no interest' was the mentality before Mario came aboard.

Advertisement
A lot of people never thought we would get an on campus basketball arena. Until we did. And that was with way less university support to athletics than we certainly appear to have now.

We just hired the 2 most accomplished and high profile people Miami has ever hired in athletics (Cristobal and Radakovich). We are planning to build a massive football complex at Cobb and relocate that.

Who would have said impossible 12 months ago? It’s a new day and nothing is impossible. Radakovich is here to build a transformative legacy with facilities and nothing would be bigger than a football stadium. Again, I wouldn’t be at all shocked if they do it.

A lot of people never thought we would get an on campus basketball arena. Until we did. And that was with way less university support to athletics than we certainly appear to have now.

We just hired the 2 most accomplished and high profile people Miami has ever hired in athletics (Cristobal and Radakovich). We are planning to build a massive football complex at Cobb and relocate that.

Who would have said impossible 12 months ago? It’s a new day and nothing is impossible. Radakovich is here to build a transformative legacy with facilities and nothing would be bigger than a football stadium. Again, I wouldn’t be at all shocked if they do it.
But according to some here, in theory, UM should be playing at the AAA rather than owning their own venue that generates additional profit for the athletic department. An arena, btw, that hosts many additional events outside of basketball ball games.

Advertisement
Back