Ruiz Stadium update?

Santa’s enchanted forest was at tropical since the early 80’s. It would open in November and was open daily til January. It’s was open from 5pm daily and closed at 10pm and stayed open longer in the weekends. The weekend traffic was incredible. During thanksgiving weekend forget about it.
During Christmas break the same. It was noisy and bright on a daily basis.

Over 1 million people attended the parking each year.
Thinking that the locals are gonna be up in arms over a stadium is just plain not true.

I think a lot of the fear is that they will do away with the park completely. And I can understand that.
People in that area have a lot of fond memories in that park. I do as well. People want their kids to live out the same memories they did. Sort of like a tradition.

Maybe they’ll relocate the horse stables. I know his son said the boxing gym won’t be touched.
Maybe Ruiz should also talk about what will be left of the park and what will he enhanced.

For those that don’t live in south Florida this is Santa’s enchanted forest

This is tropical park during the day

We ran a lot of workouts over there and up that "hill." I wouldnt mind them flattening that thing.

Advertisement
“It will never happen, too much traffic, the people will never vote for it, no infrastructure, no parking, its too far from the north fans, Hard Rock is the best no need to leave, we have to protect the trees, we have to protect the empty non used space,.”

Stadium built

“Oooooh I got my tickets b*tches”

But yo, wasnt you the one said and you was the one that said

“Aw nah man i was just playin”

“It will never happen, too much traffic, the people will never vote for it, no infrastructure, no parking, its too far from the north fans, Hard Rock is the best no need to leave, we have to protect the trees, we have to protect the empty non used space,.”

Stadium built

“Oooooh I got my tickets b*tches”

But yo, wasnt you the one said and you was the one that said

“Aw nah man i was just playin”
Radakovich himself has not rejected the notion of UM playing at tropical park. No UM official has done so while one of the biggest UM boosters is in public advertising a potentially new stadium for the University of Miami to play with the architects from the Dallas Cowboys stadium.

Billy Corbin is a hack. The end.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-27-22-12-50-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-27-22-12-50-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 53
What’s so interesting is the goal shifting in this thread.

First it was, look at the world class stadium we’re playing in; we would be fools to leave. Well, now that’s leaking out that our revenue hinderance being tenants there, it became

I’m concerned w/ the traffic. Then it became, I’m concerned w/ how many parking spots are available. Then it became, I’m concerned w/ the tailgating atmosphere. Now it’s, I’m concerned about the park. Lol.

Gawlee, if I wasn’t a fan for 30+ yrs, I would never believe any of this. Lol. Concerned about a park that’s become a dump & grossly uncared for. Lol

I’m anxiously awaiting the next round of straw-man excuses for not wanting it to happen. It amazes me that we have fans actively hoping this doesn’t happen; not pessimistic that it “will” happen, but openly rooting against it happening. Lol.
Got some excuses for ya...

christmas books GIF

christmas books GIF

christmas books GIF

christmas books GIF

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
@Rellyrell As a Miami resident, the biggest impediment to Tropical Park is the current lack of infrastructure to access it (only 1 highway, in only 1 direction). The Palmetto south was a mess around peak entrance hours (Saturday 6-8 pm) for Santa's Enchanted, and that was likely 2000-3000 people(?). A 50-60K stadium would be a nightmare absent significant highway developments to make it easier to access. Hard Rock has a significant advantage in that regard. It is accessible from nearly every direction.

But I'd destroy it in a heartbeat lol. Sorry @rsa coral gables. I like the park and use it on occasion but my irrational love for the Canes trumps all that. I mean, ****, I'd support a stadium in the middle of the Everglades even if it would destroy the entire ecosystem lol.
Lmfao. The infrastructure for getting people into and out of the park is for sure the biggest issue, but it’s addressable. And I’m sure HKS has that in mind, and is already working on various potential proposals to package along with the stadium itself.

@Rellyrell As a Miami resident, the biggest impediment to Tropical Park is the current lack of infrastructure to access it (only 1 highway, in only 1 direction). The Palmetto south was a mess around peak entrance hours (Saturday 6-8 pm) for Santa's Enchanted, and that was likely 2000-3000 people(?). A 50-60K stadium would be a nightmare absent significant highway developments to make it easier to access. Hard Rock has a significant advantage in that regard. It is accessible from nearly every direction.

But I'd destroy it in a heartbeat lol. Sorry @rsa coral gables. I like the park and use it on occasion but my irrational love for the Canes trumps all that. I mean, ****, I'd support a stadium in the middle of the Everglades even if it would destroy the entire ecosystem lol.
The first thing architects do when adressing big projects is: How can people access it?

Advertisement

Like I've continuously said, I challenge anyone to give me a name of ANY person of stature at or around UM that is talking to Billy about anything that isn't named David Epstein or Izzy Havenick- and Havenick barely qualifies here.

He doesn't know **** about anything and spins his own narratives only based on how much attention they can get him or if there's any personal gain to be had.

Need proof? Just go review his comments on Lebatard just prior to us hiring Mario and Rad. He was as ****sure about UM not spending money to even be remotely competitive in CFB as he is now about the stadium.

I don’t know the answer here:

What have Billy, Luke or LeBetard given to the program financially?

They’ve made a lot of money. Where are they as a part of our future?

Edited to add: if they aren’t in, **** them. Hard. **** them and their self interested leeching asses

Last edited:
Advertisement

Johnny is trusting Epstein a bit too much here imo but he also could be right and Corben has ZERO sauces AT the school and is just getting his "info' from Havenick who wouldn't be anywhere near in the loop on anything.

At that's assuming Billy isn't just forming opinions based on nothing but voices in his head or his ever growing gut.

Advertisement
Back to my other post.

Is Billy still relevant without Miami gossip and creating controversy?

Back to my other post.

Is Billy still relevant without Miami gossip and creating controversy?
I think the real question might be if Corben would be relevant without Kevin Brinkworth?

Or would he have been a one hit wonder with Cocaine Cowboys that we all forgot about a long time ago?

Advertisement
Back