Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
The lake essentially going INTO the stadium is a cool aesthetic. I'm sure none of us would risk a brain eating amoeba and jump in that **** post a big win. Nope.
the lake is disgusting, i have first hand knowledge.

quick fact, the lake, however, is off limits to swimming because it is full of boulders and rocks and at least 2 people dove in from the shore a few weeks after the park re-opened and were seriously injured.

Advertisement
the lake is disgusting, i have first hand knowledge.

quick fact, the lake, however, is off limits to swimming because it is full of boulders and rocks and at least 2 people dove in from the shore a few weeks after the park re-opened and were seriously injured.
Unless it's touted as a "spring" I find most freshwater bodies of water in this state as beyond suspect to ever enter. And I say that as someone that only had lakes and filthy rivers as my local bodies of water growing up.

Apologies to anybody that grew up jumping in canals. You're a special breed.

i will be galvanizing the opposition, so i'm pretty sure we can bring la sauwecera to the commission hearing.

No disrespect to u bro, but I think u may need to sit this thread out. Love u as a poster, but ur personal emotions/agenda is clouding something positive for the school & community.

I’m truly not getting ur angle here:
-If the University wants this, which happens to be ur Alma Mater

-If Tropical Park is getting a full make over so it can be even more advantageous & accessible to the community

-If The University stands to benefit from this venture revenue wise

-If this is being privately funded

What is ur issue? Pls don’t say traffic b/c I’m sorry to tell ya’ll, traffic is an every day issue across every major city, & u learn to adjust & navigate through it. So I’m really interested what’s ur issue b/c honestly, it feels & appear from a selfish standpoint. If it is, more power to u.

Advertisement
No disrespect to u bro, but I think u may need to sit this thread out. Love u as a poster, but ur personal emotions/agenda is clouding something positive for the school & community.

-If Tropical Park is getting a full make over so it can be even more advantageous & accessible to the community

What is ur issue? Pls don’t say traffic b/c I’m sorry to tell ya’ll, traffic is an every day issue across every major city, & u learn to adjust & navigate through it. So I’m really interested what’s ur issue b/c honestly, it feels & appear from a selfish standpoint. If it is, more power to u.

i appreciate the respect, which you know is reciprocated.

first, a lot of IFs in your statement.

second, as a citizen of the country, as a user of the current facilities and as a conservative, i don't believe that a public park should be used as a football stadium and for private real estate development. among other things, people forget the second part which Ruiz will need to have other commercial activities (office, hotel, retail etc.) at the park in order to fund the building of the stadium and infrastructure, which i cannot see will be less than $1B.

i am an alum, long time season ticket holder, live 10 minutes from the park, my parents live with 250 feet from the park and it would be great to ride to my parents' house, park there (no blockee) and walk to the game. i'll pass for the above reasons.

They are just prototype renderings, but it looks very nice.

The timing of the release is probably aimed at generating public support for the project. Hopefully, the Ruiz family has a top-notch public relations and government affairs firm with an impactful communications strategy.
FWIW, they are aware. Don’t be surprised if the university of Miami uses its connections to assist in this project.

I can't speak for @rsa coral gables, but for me it's not that I don't want this to happen (I personally think it would be amazing if done right), it's just that I think the chances are very very low of it happening and I don't like to see people get duped. I've been following Miami politics for too long to not see that this has a very low chance of survival. The University has not endorsed the idea, the County has not endorsed the idea... It's just Johnny Ruiz tweeting out some drawings. Remember, this is the same family that thought they could bulldoze Gables High a few months ago lol

I can't speak for @rsa coral gables, but for me it's not that I don't want this to happen (I personally think it would be amazing if done right), it's just that I think the chances are very very low of it happening and I don't like to see people get duped. I've been following Miami politics for too long to not see that this has a very low chance of survival. The University has not endorsed the idea, the County has not endorsed the idea... It's just Johnny Ruiz tweeting out some drawings. Remember, this is the same family that thought they could bulldoze Gables High a few months ago lol
There is a reason why none of them have endorsed the idea and that’s because there hasn’t been an official proposal. Ruiz has flat out said it. Behind the scenes, the university is 100% on board with this idea. Whether it’s Tropical Park or somewhere else, Miami is leaving HRS in due time.

Advertisement
I think a lot of his hatred with the UM administration, actually probably most of it, is that they did not let him use University of Miami registered trademarks on his (30 for 30) documentary, “The U“.

He was also extremely bitter and angry that they did not help to promote the documentary and basically just distanced themselves from it.

I think that’s most of it. He just went full meltdown after that.
Without those Corben docs, we'd really have been irrelevant. Only way young fans and prospective recruits know much about the U's history, sad to say.

Baylor stadium is max capacity of 55k. I do think the school would like to have some sort of ownership of the stadium.

There’s no way you live in this neighborhood if this is your take.
I don’t live in that neighborhood now.
But I did in the past. I went to southwest and that neighborhood’s demographic has changed dramatically over the years.
I got recruited by the Marines at the office in bird right next to tropical.

If you would’ve told me that this was going to happen in the 90’s I would’ve said good luck.
Now I don’t think the blowback would be as loud as it was in the past.

Now if your saying the people in south Miami then that’s a totally different argument.
The money and power isn’t in La sawesera. It’s south of Miller and east of 87. But it’s a small number but wealthy. Idk if that’s gonna be enough if the people that are for it start greasing the wheels of sofla politics.
This is the type of project that will polarize a community like that. It’s not gonna be a direct **** no.
JMO

But let’s be honest. The retail shops and strip malls/restaurants along bird would totally benefit from it.

I actually went by a few weeks ago to look at tropical just because of the possible stadium. Very nostalgic and emotional for me.

Yes I’m being selfish. I don’t live there anymore.

This is the same neighborhood that dealt with Santa’s enchanted forest for like 20 years and nobody gave a Fck.

Now 6 games out of the year is a **** problem?

Advertisement
FWIW, they are aware. Don’t be surprised if the university of Miami uses its connections to assist in this project.
Ruiz and all of the dudes positioning themselves for it went to high school 5 minutes away from tropical. They are completely aware of what the sentiment is gonna be like and who they have to approach about this.

By Corben's "logic" we should just assume Ruiz is lying here and has gone completely rogue with zero communication with anyone of any stature at UM.....and that the school is just too lazy to push back on his efforts in ANY manner as he weakens their "leverage" at their desired home for the next 30 years.

There’s a stark difference between thinking it “not happening” vs. a poster saying they’re going to lead the charge to ensure it doesn’t happen. Do u see the contrast?

Advertisement
Back