Ruiz Stadium update?

Losing has a very undesirable effect on the psyche.
Kind of like being the lonely dude at the school parking lot looking at the rich and popular kids.
All those poor souls looking at and wanting to be someone else. Stop comparing who we are and what we’ve done to Alabam lsu and uga.

Times change, fashion changes, offenses and defenses change.

But the U holds up!!

I would love an age breakdown for some of you guys in here.
Let’s get something straight: The orange bowl was a sht hole. The parking and traffic were the worst. The food sucked. It was probably more sanitary to take a sht on the floor than let your *** go anywhere near a toilet.
Ever had to wait 45 minutes to get out abuelas driveway cause the dude that parked behind you is somewhere lost?
Ever wait a little too long to leave your house only to spend 2hrs on 836?

But just like losing, winning has a great and positive effect and on the psyche as well. And because of winning the orange bowl and it’s **** drenched floors are the best college game day experience we’ve ever had. But Miami even as a number one ranked team was not packing the house for a FAMU game.

Yes, we need to step up as a school to compete. But why do we have to do it like everyone else? We’ve never done it like everyone else. We have never been everyone else.
The reason we’re hated is because we’re not everyone else. Look at These schools trying to beat schools at their own game and going broke because of it.

Let’s be Hurricanes. Builld a stadium in park. Park underground. Rent it, lease it, own it. IDGAF.
We’re never gonna be them. And because we’re not them and we’ve done it the Miami way we’ve won five and got cheated out of at least 2 more.

IMO this Machine is stating to get rolling and there’s no stopping it regardless if we stay at HRS or if we build a **** stadium on stilts in key biscayne with every **** seat being a diamond stitched recliner.

Fck everyone else. I think I read a post about Tulane in here having their own stadium.

Tulane??!!! ….. Please
View attachment 205194
Bruh... All of that!!! Don't forget the yellow tinted "rain" falling from the upper levels from time to time, and then trying to find your seats, but the **** seat numbers are not in order. Yeah, good times, mane!

Advertisement
Way to bring the facts, mane. Some of dese ny99as round here just be talking out they ***, with no base in facts.
But in fact the list is disingenuously irrelevant/ The VAST majority of the schools have more land area in Parking lots than Miami has for a total campus. They have a long football history of on campus stadiums built where there was land to expand. The steelers played in Pitt;s stadium until it became landlocked and they jointly moved. Temple was a IAA equivalent for most of its history and has zero land around it. UCLA plays in the Rose Bowl, which is 20 miles away and is owned by the City of Pasadena. It seems to be the best comparison for Miami as UCLA played in the Colesium and had an on campus stadium shot down by the locals.. They moved to the RoseBowl in 1982. Ruiz can build his Tropical Orange Bowl and rent it to Miami.

Losing has a very undesirable effect on the psyche.
Kind of like being the lonely dude at the school parking lot looking at the rich and popular kids.
All those poor souls looking at and wanting to be someone else. Stop comparing who we are and what we’ve done to Alabam lsu and uga.

Times change, fashion changes, offenses and defenses change.

But the U holds up!!

I would love an age breakdown for some of you guys in here.
Let’s get something straight: The orange bowl was a sht hole. The parking and traffic were the worst. The food sucked. It was probably more sanitary to take a sht on the floor than let your *** go anywhere near a toilet.
Ever had to wait 45 minutes to get out abuelas driveway cause the dude that parked behind you is somewhere lost?
Ever wait a little too long to leave your house only to spend 2hrs on 836?

But just like losing, winning has a great and positive effect and on the psyche as well. And because of winning the orange bowl and it’s **** drenched floors are the best college game day experience we’ve ever had. But Miami even as a number one ranked team was not packing the house for a FAMU game.

Yes, we need to step up as a school to compete. But why do we have to do it like everyone else? We’ve never done it like everyone else. We have never been everyone else.
The reason we’re hated is because we’re not everyone else. Look at These schools trying to beat schools at their own game and going broke because of it.

Let’s be Hurricanes. Builld a stadium in park. Park underground. Rent it, lease it, own it. IDGAF.
We’re never gonna be them. And because we’re not them and we’ve done it the Miami way we’ve won five and got cheated out of at least 2 more.

IMO this Machine is stating to get rolling and there’s no stopping it regardless if we stay at HRS or if we build a **** stadium on stilts in key biscayne with every **** seat being a diamond stitched recliner.

Fck everyone else. I think I read a post about Tulane in here having their own stadium.

Tulane??!!! ….. Please
View attachment 205194
And our last game there we got annihilated by UVA. Having bad facilities PLUS losing sucks.

Advertisement

For those wondering

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 2.51.51 PM.png

Imagine just dropping into this whole topic and thinking this clown has credibility or actual sauces at or around the school not named David Epstein and Izzy Havenick.

Like even IF you want to buy his shtick then how do you explain his notion of "leverage" and the prospects of the school actually having theoretical options somehow hurting us in negotiating a new lease at Hard Rock?

The only thing worse than his opinion here is his haircut. Jesus.

Imagine just dropping into this whole topic and thinking this clown has credibility or actual sauces at or around the school not named David Epstein and Izzy Havenick.

Like even IF you want to buy his shtick then how do you explain his notion of "leverage" and the prospects of the school actually having theoretical options somehow hurting us in negotiating a new lease at Hard Rock?

agreed entirely.

billy corben (real last name cohen) is among the biggest b@tches in the history of the world.

Billy does not dislike UM admin, he hates them. People who don’t know this weren’t around post Shapiro. He went on a media tour to essentially say, “look, this is who the administration is.“

He’s no different than Luke.

Advertisement
Billy does not dislike UM admin, he hates them. People who don’t know this weren’t around post Shapiro. He went on a media tour to essentially say, “look, this is who the administration is.“

I think a lot of his hatred with the UM administration, actually probably most of it, is that they did not let him use University of Miami registered trademarks on his (30 for 30) documentary, “The U“.

He was also extremely bitter and angry that they did not help to promote the documentary and basically just distanced themselves from it.

I think that’s most of it. He just went full meltdown after that.

no different, of course unless they listen to him then that´s another matter.

I think a lot of his hatred with the UM administration, actually probably most of it, is that they did not let him use University of Miami registered trademarks on his (30 for 30) documentary, “The U“.

He was also extremely bitter and angry that they did not help to promote the documentary and basically just distanced themselves from it.

I think that’s most of it. He just went full meltdown after that.
Exactly and for him to have expected otherwise from the school (especially during that timeframe) only shows an insane amount of lack of awareness and essentially narcissism on his end.

Advertisement
New photos just drop by Ruiz 10 minutes ago

Attachments

• 3B756723-DE12-4D06-B3C1-091817E195EE.jpeg
    3B756723-DE12-4D06-B3C1-091817E195EE.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 3928F8B0-B2A0-48A4-8730-BA7BEC1FC5EC.jpeg
    3928F8B0-B2A0-48A4-8730-BA7BEC1FC5EC.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 32
They are just prototype renderings, but it looks very nice.

The timing of the release is probably aimed at generating public support for the project. Hopefully, the Ruiz family has a top-notch public relations and government affairs firm with an impactful communications strategy.

Last edited:
The imagery is really excellent .... lot of design takes similar to the one Baylor built on the river. Believe that was a smaller stadium.

Advertisement
Huh? Obviously, they don't share my opinion, but it's my opinion.

It would be an absolutely stupid condition to say you need your own stadium. For what purpose?

As I stated, big cities have resources. It makes no sense to replicate resources when they're already there. That's why college teams in NFL markets play in NFL stadiums. That's 7 college games and 8-10 NFL game per year. Pitt even has a combined practice facility with the Steelers. That's efficiency and I'd actually a selling point for their program.

I think we under sell Hard Rock. I think it will become more obvious when the team is winning and in contention for the CFP. Could be playing at home for a natty in 2026.
I think what matters with a new stadium are the additional revenue streams the school could tap into versus the lower amounts we do get from Ross. We all want the better facilities on campus, elite coaching, and better NIL deals but that comes with a price. We can’t continue to go to Ruiz to bail us out; the school should be looking at it in that light versus HRS hosts big events. There’s also more revenue opportunities than just the 6-7 home games a season (concerts is one example).

The lake essentially going INTO the stadium is a cool aesthetic. I'm sure none of us would risk a brain eating amoeba and jump in that **** post a big win. Nope.
The walkway leading up to the stadium with water on both sides is probably a pipe dream. Between those too drunk to walk in a straight line and pre-game bantering / flareups, there will be mulitple splashes into the lake.

Last edited:
Awesome design, awesome stadium. Love the lake aspect. Only thing about the lake going into the stadium is lakes in Florida tend to smell in the summer. Might want to be careful.

Advertisement
Back