Ruiz Stadium update?

So, just to remind the board:

We’re dealing w/ a preeminent, global sports architect firm. Let me repeat; we’re dealing w/ a preeminent architect “firm.”

So let me explain how this work, since, u know, I actually seen this firm’s work upfront:

HKS is not doing some vague rendering. They’ve walked the land, done drone shots, taken in suggestions,& ideas that’s not exclusive to the building owner, but the entire infrastructure that will be involved in this decision. They r not into the business of just doing a “solid” for a concept. If they’ve gotten to this point, there was a green light from somewhere, & I’m not talking Ruiz.

I know this b/c my neighbor is on the city council out here, & he has mad juice. I literally just spoke w/ him about SoFi. We talked about the push back from residents, including permitted parking. We talked about the traffic, bike paths, etc etc. He said , & I quote, when Mr Koenke proposed his idea, the initial reaction was rejection; then we walked the land w/ him, lawyers, developers, planners, & presented us an idea to bring in more revenue for the city; we gave them the OK to develop the plan to present, & the rest was history.

This led to the Clippers doing the same thing, which was even worst than SoFi b/c the city imposed eminent domain on surrounding businesses & multiple apartment complexes housing 100’s of families where their new arena is being built.

But, I’m just saying if we r getting renderings from HKS, someone from The County more than likely was involved to give them the OK to start the proposal aspect.

Advertisement

We’re dealing w/ a preeminent, global sports architect firm. Let me repeat; we’re dealing w/ a preeminent architect “firm.”

So let me explain how this work, since, u know, I actually seen this firm’s work upfront:

HKS is not doing some vague rendering. They’ve walked the land, done drone shots, taken in suggestions,& ideas that’s not exclusive to the building owner, but the entire infrastructure that will be involved in this decision. They r not into the business of just doing a “solid” for a concept. If they’ve gotten to this point, there was a green light from somewhere, & I’m not talking Ruiz.

I know this b/c my neighbor is on the city council out here, & he has mad juice. I literally just spoke w/ him about SoFi. We talked about the push back from residents, including permitted parking. We talked about the traffic, bike paths, etc etc. He said , & I quote, when Mr Koenke proposed his idea, the initial reaction was rejection; then we walked the land w/ him, lawyers, developers, planners, & presented us an idea to bring in more revenue for the city; we gave them the OK to develop the plan to present, & the rest was history.

This led to the Clippers doing the same thing, which was even worst than SoFi b/c the city imposed eminent domain on surrounding businesses & multiple apartment complexes housing 100’s of families where their new arena is being built.

But, I’m just saying if we r getting renderings from HKS, someone from The County more than likely was involved to give them the OK to start the proposal aspect.

🥜

That can be solved with landscaping very easily. And most stadiums are next to a highway.

Where do you think people park when they go to Miami Heat games? Where do people park in condos on the beach? You raise the ground around the structure.

It's like some of you guys haven't been on Earth the last few years. Anything is possible these days.

And to everyone saying HRS is a great venue, I've been going to games there my whole life. Joe Robbie, Pro Player, Landshark, whatever. It is a great stadium now but the atmosphere for Canes games has ALWAYS felt like we're an interloper. I think some of you either forget or weren't around for the Orange Bowl. The place was a freaking dump but there's a reason people talk about it like it was the greatest stadium on Earth. It was ours and you either have no idea what that feels like or just don't remember. Having something that is yours is an entirely different experience.
in architecture and engineering, everything is possible as long as there is enough money.

Advertisement

They dont care bro! They’ll continue to poo poo the thought of this until tickets go on sale in the stadium lol

I think you guys saying "HRS is great" and "we're playing in one of the best stadiums in the country, no need for something else" are thinking about it short term. Yes, HRS is great for this upcoming season and a few years beyond. But what happens if in 10 years when that lease is up...the owner decides they no longer want us as a tenant. Do we scramble and have to play at Lockhart? They are already making Tennis, F1, etc higher priority...in addition to Dolphins and Concerts....we're like 6th down the list of importance for them.

I think having a long term plan is what this is all about...a permanent home for the Canes.

What’s to stop the whoever’s running the next location from doing the same thing?

Nowhere have I seen anything indicating the university will own this thing down the road.

Regardless, it’s pretty far-fetched to think Hard Rock doesn’t want a long-term tenant like us.

Fake news. An intern at HKS with some colored pencils and an app on a tablet will give you a set of "renderings" for like $599 so you TOO can scam an unsuspecting fanbase and city into advancing your completely unrelated healthcare product.

Thank GOD we have several self-appointed ombudsman on this front to continually warn us.

I just find it sad that HKS is soooooo willing to basically pimp their name and reputation so cheaply.

Advertisement
Hardrock is nicer than any college stadium in Florida hands down, but you gotta admit this would be dope. Closer to the school and smaller capacity. Place would be rocking.

Yep. Been to the Swamp and Doak plenty of times.

Both overrated

First rendering’s look good but I’d move the stands closer to the field. Also I didn’t see any suites. We are probably 5 years from this being reality.

Advertisement
I'm not

Hard rock is a multi-billion dollar state of the art stadium rivaled by **** near nothing.

It will be sold out if we start winning again, which we should.. so that's out the window.

so we're getting a much smaller stadium, why exactly?
WAETCOI

/WIN AND EVERTHING TAKES CARE OF ITSELF

which it won't be. this stadium will not be owned by the Canes unless they put equity into it. they will be a lessee/tenant just as in HRS.
You obviously don’t think it’s going to happen. You obviously aren’t a fan of the idea but you spend as much time as anyone in stadium threads. What’s the point? Let the ppl fantasize. You’ve made it clear what hill you stand on. Why even bother

Advertisement
You obviously don’t think it’s going to happen. You obviously aren’t a fan of the idea but you spend as much time as anyone in stadium threads. What’s the point? Let the ppl fantasize. You’ve made it clear what hill you stand on. Why even bother
i not only think it isn't going to happen, i think it SHOULDN'T happen.

i opine because (a) i have an opinion on the issue, (b) i have some working knowledge of the issues, (c) i am a long-time Canes season ticket, (d) i am an alum, (e) me sale de los cojones, and (e) all of the above.

which one do you like the best?

Last edited:
Interesting that there are no luxury boxes/suites in the renders. Assuming that's facing east you're looking at most 100 ft of "waterfront" before the beautiful sightlines provided by the 826. The second render has a motorboat in a concrete pool, very strange.
+ Where's the ramp from the turnpike to my comfy tailgate spot! Gotta back that Tahoe up somewhere!

Ruiz probably spent close to $100k on designs alone but we no way this happens…

2D3AD536-755A-4EFA-A964-A3EFA436B41B.jpeg

Advertisement
Back