Ruiz Securities Deal Approved

That is funny coming from one of the Manny supporters. You fell for Mannys BS, you fell for Go Canes BS, and you fall for every other deceptive poster on here. You are the real life version of Micheal Scott.
stretching GIF

Advertisement
Don’t you think NIL in its current state is pretty much a mess?

Do you know what's more of a mess? When schools like Alabama and Georgia and LSU and Ohio State pay millions of dollars a year under the table, every year, to their players, and we had a goodie bag of M&Ms, cookie cakes, and a $10 gift certificate to Starbucks to offer, because we couldn’t play the bag game like they could for several reasons including getting nailed.

Do you know what's more of a mess? When schools like Alabama and Georgia and LSU and Ohio State pay millions of dollars a year under the table, every year, to their players, and we had a goodie bag of M&Ms, cookie cakes, and a $10 gift certificate to Starbucks to offer, because we couldn’t play the bag game like they could for several reasons including getting nailed.

Agree it's helping us and I'm thrilled about it. But overall this whole thing is already nearing implosion level, which is an overall issue, not just UM specific.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree it's helping us and I'm thrilled about it. But overall this whole thing is already nearing implosion level, which is an overall issue, not just UM specific.
You maybe right. This is certainly the oddest time in college sport in my 50 years on earth that I can recall.
I just think like a lot of pendulums, paying players was stuck so far on one side that once the pendulum swung, it did so all the way to the other side. My hope, maybe naively, is that the free market will bring the pendulum to the middle. After all, even with gym bags under the table, the market did work itself out. I think NIL will do the same, and will do so more efficiently if the Govt stays out of it.

I am not in favor of federal legislation because it will be severely flawed since it will be created by special interest groups and not for the love of the players or sport. The NCAA no longer has the legal authority to regulate NIL, nor does it have the respect necessary to lead. So I come back to the free market and put my faith in Adam Smith’s invisible hand.

You maybe right. This is certainly the oddest time in college sport in my 50 years on earth that I can recall.
I just think like a lot of pendulums, paying players was stuck so far on one side that once the pendulum swung, it did so all the way to the other side. My hope, maybe naively, is that the free market will bring the pendulum to the middle. After all, even with gym bags under the table, the market did work itself out. I think NIL will do the same, and will do so more efficiently if the Govt stays out of it.

I am not in favor of federal legislation because it will be severely flawed since it will be created by special interest groups and not for the love of the players or sport. The NCAA no longer has the legal authority to regulate NIL, nor does it have the respect necessary to lead. So I come back to the free market and put my faith in Adam Smith’s invisible hand.

You know its crazy when the King of the bags is crying about it. I guess like the saying goes "Where it will stop, nobody knows.".

SIAP.
Does the stock have to perform well for Ruiz to hit his anticipated evaluation?

Advertisement
You know its crazy when the King of the bags is crying about it. I guess like the saying goes "Where it will stop, nobody knows.".

Have to love Saban describing the right way for players to make money after turning a blind eye for years to money under the table.
If Saban is the morality police then the sport is in trouble.

Advertisement
Is this **** it's own thread somewhere else? It should be if not. There are few people on this planet that I'd like to punch in the throat as much as Sabag. At least this clown is getting MAJOR blowback on social media right now. Mike Ryan alone is losing his mind.

Is this **** it's own thread somewhere else? It should be if not. There are few people on this planet that I'd like to punch in the throat as much as Sabag. At least this clown is getting MAJOR blowback on social media right now. Mike Ryan alone is losing his mind.

What a surprise, he has a problem with it being public.

Advertisement
Back