Ruiz saying AD candidates favored Lane

Mario can pay top dollar for an OC and DC. And he will I guess be recruiting well. But without Bama's S&C the team's still never going to come close to winning a NC. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, it's how good your S&C program is. There needs to be severe upgrades. Forget about that clown Feld. Target the best S&C coaches in the country.
Cochran is available (Bama’s former S&C that went to UGA for an on field position which didn’t work out too well)

Advertisement
Cochran is available (Bama’s former S&C that went to UGA for an on field position which didn’t work out too well)
We're going to find out what kind of connections Mario has. Because at the moment everyone knows that Ole Miss has the Bama "protein shakes" and Oregon doesn't.

Ruiz needs to stfu

This. When Mario gets announced, the only people I want at the podium are Mario and that's it. No Ruiz, no Mas, etc. Ideally, it would be Rad and Mario, but I'll take just Mario, being introduced by Frenkenstein.

Advertisement
I think he’s referring to Mike Ryan Ruiz from LeBatard show who broke the news.
I’ve been following and listened the podcasts and didn’t hear him mention this. He may have jumped the gun a little today but I don’t believe he’s in the business of putting that kind of fodder out. Based on how he’s reported this for the last few weeks.

Who wouldn't favor lane?
People smart enough to knowing takes more than being an a hole to be a good coach. Dude ain't won **** yet people are slurping him like Jimmy on steroids. He used Miami for a bigger offer from ole ****.

Last edited:
This is how the hiring process should've gone. Within 5 minutes of due diligence any impartial observer can see that Ole Miss has a significantly better S&C than Oregon and Lane should've been hired.

The Admins playing you. I don't understand why anyone should be surprised. They went with the "Miami" hire. They still don't care about winning.

Edit: They went with the "new Miami" hire. It ain't the Miami I remember.

Last edited:
The coach was always going to be Mario.

Any AD coming here would have to know that.

Whatever other decisions AD’s make I guess they could, but there wasn’t gonna be any discussions about the HC.

In fact I would guess that one of the cornerstones of the AD interviews would have to be, “You get to come here & have Mario Cristobal as your HC”.... It’s a take it or leave it proposition.
Which is probably why they hired Radakovich. He's got experience being hired with an established HC already in place whom he's not allowed to touch. 😄

Advertisement
And dipsh!te AD candidates who have never seen Lane's background check...

About as credible as posters talking about skeletons, demons, and the boogeyman.... like they've seen his background check.

Also, before you say a thing, his background check was good enough to land him a P5 deal and he was just extended.

It's Ole Miss one might say. Okay, so be it, they might take a chance on a guy just like they took a chance on that QB Corral who has been lights out, but people here said had baggage.

To all of that I'll say this, who are we? Everyone already thinks we're thug U and will never change. We haven't been good and this would've been time to take a chance. Background would've been fine, just like it was to get him a job in the first place. Just like it was to extend him.

People say the dumbest **** on here sometimes. Oh no, checkered past, like they know something. He's employed, he could easily be employed here.

Last edited:
Either way we’re in a better place.
201316CB-B82E-4E24-B6EA-9EA1C6C42FE2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The admin doesn’t care about winning. I swear most of this fan base is in a coma.

The admin purposely turned down the chance to have Bama’s S&C program, maybe forever if after Lane went to the NFL the S&C kept up.

But instead they’re going for a Miami guy they know they can control. Do they even know if Mario has a connection to get the “protein shakes”? There’s people thinking Feld is going to help us beat Bama in the CFP

Advertisement
I understand and agree with having a top guy and going after him hard, but why do we never have a plan b? Every time we do this, it’s painfully obvious that we never really considered other candidates. Even when we hire a firm, we still just tell them who we want. F**king morons.

Even if we get Mario, it would be nice to think they bothered to talk to other guys…maybe somebody would have a really impressive vision and crush an interview. But no, just decide on a guy before you even talk to him.

It’s his first time breaking news. He loves this U. Probably a little overwhelming for him since he’s probably getting hit up from all angles as a national guy.
Real G's move in silence.

That's all I'm going to say. I've always been wary of wealthy people that need the spotlight. The guys you need, the guys that can and do get things done tend to keep their mouths shut. If Miami is looking to start recruiting like the factory schools, keep Ruiz the F away from that group. He's the kind that shoots his mouth off at bars, because he wants to be known as "That Guy". Honestly, he reminds me of Sherwood Blount, who wrecked the SMU program **** near singlehandedly.

If Ruiz wants to be a donor, fine, but I would also be very wary of him having any say so in anything. Take the money, let him THINK he's running stuff, but there's a reason why you aren't hearing a **** thing from the Soffers and those people. The people that have carried this department financially for years, aren't about the spotlight, they just want results.

This is the nightmare scenario that's going to set the program back forever unless somehow Mario can seriously step up to the table and hire away a great S&C coach who has the Bama "protein shakes".

The absolute worst case scenario is that Mario's here for 15 years, he doesn't severely upgrade the S&C, and we MAYBE (probably not) make the playoffs 2 or 3 times, and get killed by Bama by 40+ points each time. No matter what happens UM will be able to say they "tried their best" hiring Cristobal, knowing full well how drastically inferior his S&C program is compared to Lane's. Everything everyone said about UM not caring is still true.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Real G's move in silence.

That's all I'm going to say. I've always been wary of wealthy people that need the spotlight. The guys you need, the guys that can and do get things done tend to keep their mouths shut. If Miami is looking to start recruiting like the factory schools, keep Ruiz the F away from that group. He's the kind that shoots his mouth off at bars, because he wants to be known as "That Guy". Honestly, he reminds me of Sherwood Blount, who wrecked the SMU program **** near singlehandedly.

If Ruiz wants to be a donor, fine, but I would also be very wary of him having any say so in anything. Take the money, let him THINK he's running stuff, but there's a reason why you aren't hearing a **** thing from the Soffers and those people. The people that have carried this department financially for years, aren't about the spotlight, they just want results.
I think we are confusing the Ruiz’s:

Mike Ryan Ruiz - LeBatard Show and John Ruiz - Billionaire donor.

Now I know which one you were talking about.

I was talking radio Mike

Advertisement
Back