Ruiz potentially suing the NCAA….

All I’m saying is that financially everybody’s looking bad right now. And to point at Ruiz like he’s the only one failing is very short sighted.
you are right but ruizs **** was always a bit more house of cards than something tangible. hes gotta actually collect on those suits which are up in the air every time if you know anyone that works in law.

Advertisement
No, the NCAA didn't say the Miami case has no precedential value. In fact, the NCAA hinted the exact opposite when they said they would be pursuing disassociation of boosters in the future for similar violations.

I'm not sure why you are saying "the conduct complained of is no longer a violation". You can explain why you think that, but I don't think you have that analysis quite right.
Actually, they did say the Miami case had no precedential value. They didn't like that the Miami settlement agreement had no disassociation penalty for the so-called "booster" involved, yet they begrudgingly accepted it anyway. However, they did, like u said, declare that they would seek disassociation penalties in future cases, and thus, this current agreement would have no precedential value for future "violaters" to point to.

We were both half right and half wrong. 😁

Actually, they did say the Miami case had no precedential value. They didn't like that the Miami settlement agreement had no disassociation penalty for the so-called "booster" involved, yet they begrudgingly accepted it anyway. However, they did, like u said, declare that they would seek disassociation penalties in future cases, and thus, this current agreement would have no precedential value for future "violaters" to point to.

We were both half right and half wrong. 😁

You really don't know what in the **** you are talking about.

You really don't know what in the **** you are talking about.
YOU really don't know what the **** you are talking about, dip****. So sick of all the smart-*** faqqots on this board.

From SI's article:

“During its review, however, the panel was troubled by the limited nature and severity of institutional penalties agreed upon by Miami and the enforcement staff—namely, the absence of a disassociation of the involved booster. ... With that as context, Committee on Infractions chief hearing officer Gary Miller told Sports Illustrated that this Miami ruling shouldn’t be viewed as precedent going forward."

This is straight from the Committee on Infraction's preamble to the actual Negotiated Resolution:

"Although the parties asserted that a disassociation penalty would be inappropriate based on an impermissible meal and an impermissible contact, today’s new NIL-related environment
represents a new day. Boosters are involved with prospects and student-athletes in ways the NCAA membership has never seen or encountered. In that way, addressing impermissible
booster conduct is critical, and the disassociation penalty presents an effective penalty available to the COI."

"Considering the facts and circumstances in this case, however, the panel did not determine that the absence of a disassociation rendered the penalties manifestly unreasonable or the agreement to be against the best interests of the Association. Pursuant to Bylaw 19.10.6, this approved agreement HAS NO PRECEDENTIAL VALUE. The COI will strongly consider disassociation penalties in future cases involving NIL-adjacent conduct."

Last edited:
Advertisement
so I always kinda thought life wallet was an NIL front anyways so im not shocked about that. ruiz inst broke so just keep making sure the checks promised cashed so we dont look like UF

It’s a real business, but apparently isn’t doing too well. Hard to know what the future is. But it’s not just set up as an NIL front, in my opinion. What is ridiculous is our own fans, laughing and getting joy from this, when it may not something that’s not that good for us.

But there’s always morons in every fanbase.

Advertisement
It’s a real business, but apparently isn’t doing too well. Hard to know what the future is. But it’s not just set up as an NIL front, in my opinion. What is ridiculous is our own fans, laughing and getting joy from this, when it may not something that’s not that good for us.

The company isn’t a front, but Ruiz uses it as a front as he would’ve paid under the table if he didn’t run the company.

eh id be more concerned if he were our only NIL guy but he isnt.

and I know its. areal businesss but nothing bout it screams it'll make money. I know he now combined it w his law firm so well see what happens there

eh id be more concerned if he were our only NIL guy but he isnt.

and I know its. areal businesss but nothing bout it screams it'll make money. I know he now combined it w his law firm so well see what happens there

You’re right, and in the end we have other NIL people. He’s just the most visible one. It still would help if he was viable though.

It’s crazy how you can get so offended by four letters.

I’m not a fan of how Ruiz handles himself personally. But I’m a big fan of the support he brings to the table and his all in attitude.

I’m laughing at how bad their financials are. I’m not sure how one can look at that and not do a spit take. I’d love nothing more than for him to be the next Warren Buffet. Stop getting your panties in a twist.

Advertisement
Just sucks losers like Rovell and the media are rooting for Ruiz and LifeWallet to fail. Only because he's vocal on social media... Good news is Miami NIL is much bigger than Ruiz. We will see what happens...
Rooting?? Lol the sham is failing on its own. You’re just mad it’s there for the public to see…

There were a few of us who saw this coming from a mile away, many articles published about the misrepresentation of the TAM, the core business was based on a very loud mouth booster. It’s almost identical to Shapiro, it was just done with the SEC’s approval.

The silver lining is tons of spacs fail, but they usually just have to give the money back before purchasing a company. Big trouble…

Someone pull up the MSP filings and see if they reported on how many active users they have for life wallet… tryna see something.

They knew what they were doing. Typical Miami medical scam bull****. Estimating year 1 2023 revenue approaching $1B? Look I get their guidance can be wrong but wrong by 99%?

It’s a black eye for the university, and the program. I know he’s an expert in class action litigation but I suspect he might be facing such for misleading investors…

At least the American top team guy has actual businesses generating revenue in the field they trade in.

I don’t get joy from this but I sure as **** will laugh. Miami is full of people who want to be the center of attention, the face of it all… never known for doing any tangible work half the time. Just another example.

The family wanted to be the center of attention, now they are.

How much you think that stadium study costed? Wonder where that cash came from? SPAC IPO? ****, looks like a misappropriation of investor funds to me.

I’m sure it’s all funneled through some sports division but I would bet he’s gonna be fighting legally for his freedom for many years to come.

Someone pull up the MSP filings and see if they reported on how many active users they have for life wallet… tryna see something.

They knew what they were doing. Typical Miami medical scam bull****. Estimating year 1 2023 revenue approaching $1B? Look I get their guidance can be wrong but wrong by 99%?

It’s a black eye for the university, and the program. I know he’s an expert in class action litigation but I suspect he might be facing such for misleading investors…

At least the American top team guy has actual businesses generating revenue in the field they trade in.

I don’t get joy from this but I sure as **** will laugh. Miami is full of people who want to be the center of attention, the face of it all… never known for doing any tangible work half the time. Just another example.

The family wanted to be the center of attention, now they are.

How much you think that stadium study costed? Wonder where that cash came from? SPAC IPO? ****, looks like a misappropriation of investor funds to me.

I’m sure it’s all funneled through some sports division but I would bet he’s gonna be fighting legally for his freedom for many years to come.

It’s a black eye for the university and the program?

No it isn’t.

Advertisement
It's naive to think it won't be leaned on heavily by the media, anti-NIL factions and negative recruiters. It's not a Shapiro problem, because there's nothing illegal about it, but it's going to cause some problems.

It literally has nothing to do with the University. People can say or post whatever they want and self flagellate over optics, but whatever happens, it’s all Ruiz. Life wallet is not the University of Miami.

It literally has nothing to do with the University. People can say or post whatever they want and self flagellate over optics, but whatever happens, it’s all Ruiz. Life wallet is not the University of Miami.
Riiiiiiiiight…..because it’s not like we didn’t just get hit with sanctions with Ruiz being at the center of that.

Yes they were bull**** sanctions. Yes I’m aware they mean nothing because the NCAA is a sham.

But to say he has “nothing to do with the university” is asinine.

Rooting?? Lol the sham is failing on its own. You’re just mad it’s there for the public to see…

There were a few of us who saw this coming from a mile away, many articles published about the misrepresentation of the TAM, the core business was based on a very loud mouth booster. It’s almost identical to Shapiro, it was just done with the SEC’s approval.

The silver lining is tons of spacs fail, but they usually just have to give the money back before purchasing a company. Big trouble…

Sounds a bit like rooting

Advertisement
Back