Ruiz potentially suing the NCAA….

Advertisement
Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

cliff notes? also, I saw he filed for sanctions against another lawyer over some twitter beef? Jesus, both lawyers deserve to be sanctioned for that ****. waste of time and makes the entire profession look horrific

Advertisement
cliff notes? also, I saw he filed for sanctions against another lawyer over some twitter beef? Jesus, both lawyers deserve to be sanctioned for that ****. waste of time and makes the entire profession look horrific
Is that what makes the profession look horrific? Coming from a family with multiple lawyers, I’ve seen worse.

Advertisement
I read that he’s suing for being considered a booster.

The NCAA defines boosters as “any third-party entity that promotes an athletics program, assists with recruiting or assists with providing benefits to recruits, enrolled student-athletes or their family members.” This catch-all label could also include collectives, or groups typically founded by university alumni that pool and allocate financial resources for athletes by way of NIL contracts.

I’m assuming he’ll contend that he’s a business man who provides opportunities to further his business via marketing w/ student athletes, & this was a business arrangement, not a ploy to drive the twins to play at The University of Miami.

Unfortunately, the issue is two fold…while I applaud Mr. Ruiz for going up against the NCAA, there was this caveat that I found cringeworthy:

Some in the NIL space recently told On3 that the NCAA might actually welcome a NIL-related court case. “The best thing for the NCAA is a court case because once it is initiated by a potential booster we have the discovery process,” said Peter Schoenthal, CEO of Athliance. “Both parties are entitled to all of the discovery – aka, the evidence – involved in the case. If the right case is brought, there are certainly going to be implicating emails and text messages, which is going to allow the NCAA to say, ‘See, we told you so.’ ”

Advertisement
I read that he’s suing for being considered a booster.

The NCAA defines boosters as “any third-party entity that promotes an athletics program, assists with recruiting or assists with providing benefits to recruits, enrolled student-athletes or their family members.” This catch-all label could also include collectives, or groups typically founded by university alumni that pool and allocate financial resources for athletes by way of NIL contracts.

I’m assuming he’ll contend that he’s a business man who provides opportunities to further his business via marketing w/ student athletes, & this was a business arrangement, not a ploy to drive the twins to play at The University of Miami.

Unfortunately, the issue is two fold…while I applaud Mr. Ruiz for going up against the NCAA, there was this caveat that I found cringeworthy:

Some in the NIL space recently told On3 that the NCAA might actually welcome a NIL-related court case. “The best thing for the NCAA is a court case because once it is initiated by a potential booster we have the discovery process,” said Peter Schoenthal, CEO of Athliance. “Both parties are entitled to all of the discovery – aka, the evidence – involved in the case. If the right case is brought, there are certainly going to be implicating emails and text messages, which is going to allow the NCAA to say, ‘See, we told you so.’ ”
yeah ill pass. ruizs mouth is huge but no one is on the up and up w the NIL stuff. ****, ive seen some **** during the Adidas stuff from people you wouldn't think would be involved (and fwiw were cleared). also, if he isnt a booster, then Mario using his private jet was considered what? also, the ruiz family literally donated 2 mill to baseball

Last edited:
Advertisement
yeah ill pass. ruizs mouth is huge but no one is on the up and up w the NIL stuff. ****, ive seen some **** during the Adidas stuff from people you wouldn't think would be involved (and fwiw were cleared). also, if he isnt a booster, then Mario using his private jet was considered what? also, doesn't he donate to the school? also, the ruiz family literally donated 2 mill to baseball

Yeah my man; like sometimes u gotta choose ur battles. By all accounts, both current & past history, he’s the quintessential definition of a booster. Boosters are typically businessmen. ****, the Waltons were some of the biggest boosters in all of college w their donations & contributions to Arkansas, but they are also business ppl.

Imma stay out of this one; but this is giving me a bad feeling.

Yeah my man; like sometimes u gotta choose ur battles. By all accounts, both current & past history, he’s the quintessential definition of a booster. Boosters are typically businessmen. ****, the Waltons were some of the biggest boosters in all of college w their donations & contributions to Arkansas, but they are also business ppl.

Imma stay out of this one; but this is giving me a bad feeling.
I doubt anything actually happens. I Love what he does for UM but hes loudmouth new money lol.

Advertisement
Back