Rueben Bain Welcomed by Bucs Defense

He’s not being put in a position to succeed. If you think otherwise, you probably haven’t been watching the Bucs play. In the few NFL games he’s played, he’s dropped back in coverage more often than in his entire career at Miami. The DC must be an idiot if he thinks the best way to use Bain is to drop him back in coverage half the time.
It didn't start that way. He primarily rushed the passer his first 2 games. It was just this game, coming off injury, that we had him dropping this much.
 
He’s not being put in a position to succeed. If you think otherwise, you probably haven’t been watching the Bucs play. In the few NFL games he’s played, he’s dropped back in coverage more often than in his entire career at Miami. The DC must be an idiot if he thinks the best way to use Bain is to drop him back in coverage half the time.
If I didn't see that, I wouldn't believe it. I wish Bain had gone elsewhere in the draft.
 
He should have came back . Lightfoot better pay attention . I really believe lightfoot comes back . He’s not going the first round he will the nest year he adds another 20 ponds , strength. And keeps jos speed
Coming back wasn't going to make Bain's arms grow longer. He's limited physically and needs to adapt to the length and skill NFL tackles possess.

Dropping him into coverage doesn't help the situation - i said the same thing when Miami was doing that to JP his rookie year. It adds a new responsibility to a young guy, making him think more than he should be, and prevents him from just playing. That said, he hasn't shown the impact i was expecting, even if it didn't lead to sacks. Maybe it's the shoulder/groin, maybe it's the step up in comp. I think he'll figure it out at some point but the concern thus far is warranted. He's not the only NFL edge guy struggling right now.
 
Coming back wasn't going to make Bain's arms grow longer. He's limited physically and needs to adapt to the length and skill NFL tackles possess.

Dropping him into coverage doesn't help the situation - i said the same thing when Miami was doing that to JP his rookie year. It adds a new responsibility to a young guy, making him think more than he should be, and prevents him from just playing. That said, he hasn't shown the impact i was expecting, even if it didn't lead to sacks. Maybe it's the shoulder/groin, maybe it's the step up in comp. I think he'll figure it out at some point but the concern thus far is warranted. He's not the only NFL edge guy struggling right now.
I get that my point he would have got paid and be having fun still . you’re only in college once . Prior to nil I agree now they get paid well why rush ? I get your point just making a point lightfoot , Scott need ro
Think about there decision and neither of those two will be earlier than Bain imo prob not even first rounders . Lightfoot could put on 20 more pounds in college be closer to 250 , more mature and developed . My ordinal comment was on lightfoot / Scott not just Bain
 
I get that my point he would have got paid and be having fun still . you’re only in college once . Prior to nil I agree now they get paid well why rush ? I get your point just making a point lightfoot , Scott need ro
Think about there decision and neither of those two will be earlier than Bain imo prob not even first rounders . Lightfoot could put on 20 more pounds in college be closer to 250 , more mature and developed . My ordinal comment was on lightfoot / Scott not just Bain
Lightfoot makes more sense given his size and career thus far. Bain was never going to gave a better season or higher draft grade, so it made sense. The money in one year of NIL and the fun likely wouldn’t offset the NFL money and extra experience of that year. QBs likely make more to stay, so I’d view their situation differently.
 
Back
Top