Rueben Bain stat of the day

Morgan attended the University of Miami and played for the Miami Hurricanes football team from 1997 to 2000. He began his college career playing as a fullback, but was switched to weakside linebacker one week before the season started. He became the first freshman linebacker to start for the Hurricanes since Ray Lewis in 1993. As a freshman, he was named second-team freshman All-American by the Sporting News after posting 105 tackles, three sacks, and one forced fumble. From Wikipedia.. delete if a violation.
105?!?!… as a freshman. Lawd!! He was gettin after it.

Advertisement
Bain won ACC DL of the week. He keeps it up he’ll be an all conference pick and we know he has future AA written all over him.

Morgan attended the University of Miami and played for the Miami Hurricanes football team from 1997 to 2000. He began his college career playing as a fullback, but was switched to weakside linebacker one week before the season started. He became the first freshman linebacker to start for the Hurricanes since Ray Lewis in 1993. As a freshman, he was named second-team freshman All-American by the Sporting News after posting 105 tackles, three sacks, and one forced fumble. From Wikipedia.. delete if a violation.
Thank you for the history lesson. I know Dan's contributions and accolades very well. Even better leader.

Advertisement
These are the players we see dominate at SEC school as FR and know they are gonna be drafted high and monster. Like Will Anderson and Perkins etc. Before Cristobal he is at Bama or Auburn, maybe even FSU. A game destroyer where u plan for him. Then u surround him with other great players.
Considering who his father is, there's a good chance he's at Miami if you are the head coach.

Advertisement
Dan Morgan?

I was too young to remember his freshman year (UCLA game was first memory), but I can't think of anyone in my lifetime watching. Spence and Perryman were good, but neither are impacting the game as much as a dlinemen causing this disruption in run and pass single handedly.

Considering who his father is, there's a good chance he's at Miami if you are the head coach.
Yeah that wasnt a formality in previous years. You had former players talking down the program. We had to fight for Damari even. So no it was not guaranteed. These kids and people are gonna put business and logic over sentiment and Miami was bad business for a while

I haven’t existed long enough to remember all of our history, but since the 2010s there has not been a freshman with an impact like this on defense. He IS the defensive line.

Joe Jackson had a great freshman year, but it was more stats > impact and the whole DL was very good.
It's not about freshman year anymore.

If you look around college, not a lot of players - at whatever age - impact the game the way he has the past couple weeks.

I wrote elsewhere that I think we straight up lose both games without him. That means a DL is worth two Ws? Just so fun to watch.

He's gotten some nice TFL and Sack stats, but it's the OTHER PLAYS.

Been a good long while since I've seen a UM defensive player so clearly impact series after series. Even in "non box score" ways.

Advertisement
Loved Sean....but he didn't have this kinda impact, and that's not taking anything away from him. By the end of the yr, I have no doubt Reuben will be a 1st team AA.

I mean he was ACC rookie of the year and 1st team AA. That was closest I could think of that came closest to Bain /shrug

I mean he was ACC rookie of the year and 1st team AA. That was closest I could think of that came closest to Bain /shrug
He was a Freshman AA....being a 1st AA would easily Trump that. I met Tebow in Orlando shortly after the Gators beat us....he said without ANY question Spence was the best Defensive player he faced. So don't get me wrong, I love Sean.

Advertisement
Nah. Denzel had a decent freshman season but last freshman with this kind of IMPACT was by a gentleman named Dan Morgan...
The thing about Dan Morgan was he was this 3* fullback Butch recruited, I believe out of Tarevella (definitely not a football mecca), and no one gave him a second thought. Then you watched him play LB, and the ground he covered, and you knew really fast that we had something special.

He was a Freshman AA....being a 1st AA would easily Trump that. I met Tebow in Orlando shortly after the Gators beat us....he said without ANY question Spence was the best Defensive player he faced. So don't get me wrong, I love Sean.

I wasn't saying Spence did more than Bain. Simply answering the question of "who was the most recent freshman who came close to impact like him". That's first the came to mind that might be close.

Kenny Phillips was pretty darn good as a TF. Game sealing interception in overtime at Clemson was clutch.

But Rueben Bain is on another level.

Advertisement
Back