Rueben Bain stat of the day

Advertisement
These are the players we see dominate at SEC school as FR and know they are gonna be drafted high and monster. Like Will Anderson and Perkins etc. Before Cristobal he is at Bama or Auburn, maybe even FSU. A game destroyer where u plan for him. Then u surround him with other great players.
IMHO, Bain is better than all those SEC linemen that you mention. Bain has elite power, elite speed and elite bend. Bain also plays with a high motor and he has great physical conditioning and stamina. Bain is truly special

The thing about Dan Morgan was he was this 3* fullback Butch recruited, I believe out of Tarevella (definitely not a football mecca), and no one gave him a second thought. Then you watched him play LB, and the ground he covered, and you knew really fast that we had something special.
JP Taravella in Coral Springs. One of three High Schools there (also CS and Douglas). Not too many D1 players from those three schools … but there happened to be one legend who came through. One of the best ever and he’s still super underrated.

Bain could end up in the same discussion, which says so much.

Advertisement
It's not about freshman year anymore.

If you look around college, not a lot of players - at whatever age - impact the game the way he has the past couple weeks.

I wrote elsewhere that I think we straight up lose both games without him. That means a DL is worth two Ws? Just so fun to watch.

He's gotten some nice TFL and Sack stats, but it's the OTHER PLAYS.

Been a good long while since I've seen a UM defensive player so clearly impact series after series. Even in "non box score" ways.
Not disagreeing with one thing, that’s why I said he IS our dline lol.

It’s a shame he isn’t getting to play opposite Mesidor this year, it’s almost like not getting JP and Greg playing at the same time.

Hopefully we get it next year, I don’t think it would make much sense for Mesidor to declare.

The thing about Dan Morgan was he was this 3* fullback Butch recruited, I believe out of Tarevella (definitely not a football mecca), and no one gave him a second thought. Then you watched him play LB, and the ground he covered, and you knew really fast that we had something special.
Something about that train of thought… Morgan, DJ and Beason all got time playing FB. Seems like it may have helped them to being better LBs.

Not disagreeing with one thing, that’s why I said he IS our dline lol.

It’s a shame he isn’t getting to play opposite Mesidor this year, it’s almost like not getting JP and Greg playing at the same time.

Hopefully we get it next year, I don’t think it would make much sense for Mesidor to declare.
Think you’ll see it next year, unless Bain outgrows the position.

Think you’ll see it next year, unless Bain outgrows the position.
My take on him moving inside permanently is - don't do it if he is dominant on the outside. We need that!

BTW, our Purdue transfer played a heck of a game. Wished we had him all season. Sure hope he plays like that against FSU.

Advertisement
My take on him moving inside permanently is - don't do it if he is dominant on the outside. We need that!

BTW, our Purdue transfer played a heck of a game. Wished we had him all season. Sure hope he plays like that against FSU.

sucks Deen in his last year. Would love to get 1 more season with him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah that wasnt a formality in previous years. You had former players talking down the program. We had to fight for Damari even. So no it was not guaranteed. These kids and people are gonna put business and logic over sentiment and Miami was bad business for a while
True, and we will never know. A guy that dominant could go anywhere, make a huge impact anywhere, and get drafted high no matter who he played for.

Advertisement
Back