Rueben Bain stat of the day

Lol....not necessarily....
So one of them took a redshirt while the other was playing? Lol.

1698773490971.gif

Advertisement
This. We have horrible luck not to be able to get a 5* kid to play next to him for 2 years. That’s how UGA and Bama have been so dominant in the trenches. They get a Rueben Bain type every year. Let’s hope Jayden Wayne develops and Mesidor comes back ready to go next year. And Burroughs is as good as advertised
Wayne looks really really good to me. I think people aren’t giving him enough credit. Has size, motor, and skills and plays smart football

Usually the freshmen making impacts is because they don’t play a ton and are allowed to just kinda come in and wreck everything a few times

It’s crazy that he’s literally the anchor of the entire line. That stuff isn’t supposed to happen
Especially at a GROWN MAN position, where you're able to toss around 300+lb men. Much easier to do at the receiver position.

Advertisement
I was too young to remember his freshman year (UCLA game was first memory), but I can't think of anyone in my lifetime watching. Spence and Perryman were good, but neither are impacting the game as much as a dlinemen causing this disruption in run and pass single handedly.
Wat bout the duke didn't he get a thousand yards? Or Richards didn't he have the record for most yards as a freshman!!?

Wat bout the duke didn't he get a thousand yards? Or Richards didn't he have the record for most yards as a freshman!!?
Original question was last freshman defender - and I forgot to write in last Canes*

Advertisement
Not necessarily might've needed a scenery change? What bout Cohen obviously he's that guy and he's here and not bama!!

Let me preface this by saying that I am thrilled to have Cohen at UM and he has been an extremely key piece to our OL success this season. He is a stud and a future NFL draft pick.

Now with that being said ….

If you all think an offensive guard who lost his spot at the end of his Bama tenure is equivalent to an 18 year old absolute game wrecker on the defensive line whose best days are still ahead of him with 2 more years to play, then I’m done here and won’t be commenting on this any more, knock yourself out. Nothing but Jameis Winston thumbs up pics from me. 👍🏾

Wayne looks really really good to me. I think people aren’t giving him enough credit. Has size, motor, and skills and plays smart football
I think it’s the setting the edge part in run that needs work… not quite “consistently” strong enough there.

Could be a regular 3rd down option but I get the impression Mario doesn’t like to reward players with situational opportunities they succeed in if they aren’t consistent across the board. Ex: Skinner… could be killing it in the passing game but because he doesn’t block in line well… 🙄

Original question was last freshman defender - and I forgot to write in last Canes*
Oh I kno brother! I jus couldn't think of any players on defense! I jus took it a step further. The two who come to mind had to sit the bench there first year!....st26 and big Vince!...only others is dj Williams or dan Morgan!

Didn't pata (rip) give up his starting job too Calais Campbell if I'm not mistaken didn't cc have 10.5 sacks his freshmen year?

Advertisement
Let me preface this by saying that I am thrilled to have Cohen at UM and he has been an extremely key piece to our OL success this season. He is a stud and a future NFL draft pick.

Now with that being said ….

If you all think an offensive guard who lost his spot at the end of his Bama tenure is equivalent to an 18 year old absolute game wrecker on the defensive line whose best days are still ahead of him with 2 more years to play, then I’m done here and won’t be commenting on this any more, knock yourself out. Nothing but Jameis Winston thumbs up pics from me. 👍🏾
Just trying too see where you was coming from! No I don't think it's on the same level as bain or Burroughs situation!

I think it’s the setting the edge part in run that needs work… not quite “consistently” strong enough there.

Could be a regular 3rd down option but I get the impression Mario doesn’t like to reward players with situational opportunities they succeed in if they aren’t consistent across the board. Ex: Skinner… could be killing it in the passing game but because he doesn’t block in line well… 🙄
I haven’t had a chance to finish the UVA game as I was busy Saturday and Sunday and not that excited about another close game vs a bad team, but am planning to finish soon.

I think he’s actually done a good job on run and pass downs. He’s made mistakes, but so has Bain. Everyone makes mistakes—especially freshmen.

He isn’t Bain, but he’ll be an early draft pick in a few years and is already a + defender on our team

Advertisement
It's not about freshman year anymore.

If you look around college, not a lot of players - at whatever age - impact the game the way he has the past couple weeks.

I wrote elsewhere that I think we straight up lose both games without him. That means a DL is worth two Ws? Just so fun to watch.

He's gotten some nice TFL and Sack stats, but it's the OTHER PLAYS.

Been a good long while since I've seen a UM defensive player so clearly impact series after series. Even in "non box score" ways.
He’s a MUST WATCH when he’s on the field. And he’s ALWAYS on the field.

Reuben Bain is a special Sean Taylor type talent. They only come around once every generation or so. I think he can be that special if he can keep his work ethic and stays relatively healthy. Just a freak of nature and an amazing talent!

Advertisement
Back