Rueben Bain stat of the day

Advertisement
Cohen says hello.

Kid got into it with the coach and didn't want to be in Tuscaloosa.

Cohen isn’t the same situation, and I know exactly what happened with Burroughs, know several people on that staff including the staff member that he got into it with. But hey, hope you’re right.

IMG_0036.jpeg

Advertisement
These are the players we see dominate at SEC school as FR and know they are gonna be drafted high and monster. Like Will Anderson and Perkins etc. Before Cristobal he is at Bama or Auburn, maybe even FSU. A game destroyer where u plan for him. Then u surround him with other great players.
This. We have horrible luck not to be able to get a 5* kid to play next to him for 2 years. That’s how UGA and Bama have been so dominant in the trenches. They get a Rueben Bain type every year. Let’s hope Jayden Wayne develops and Mesidor comes back ready to go next year. And Burroughs is as good as advertised

These are the players we see dominate at SEC school as FR and know they are gonna be drafted high and monster. Like Will Anderson and Perkins etc. Before Cristobal he is at Bama or Auburn, maybe even FSU. A game destroyer where u plan for him. Then u surround him with other great players.
Facts… we can be critical of Mario a lot of ways but I think it’s safe to say that if he wasn’t here we wouldn’t have Bain, the Mauigoa’s, Samson, Kelly, Cohen, Fletcher, Parrish and most likely don’t get Lee or Damari Brown.

Advertisement
Last freshman defender to have an impact like this?
Last response I was thinking Dlinemen only. I actually loved Perryman's freshman season. Thought it might have been his best season as a cane before Golden fattened him up. (Clearly him playing bigger has worked out with his NFL career)

Advertisement
Just curious when the last time a TF won acc defensive POY . Don't have time to dig
Going back to 1993 I didn’t see any. But I did see when Aaron Donald won DPOY his stat line was

59 tackles
11 sacks
28.5 TFL
3 pass def
4 forced fumbles

That’s as a 4th year guy

Bain through his first 8 games has

26 tackles
6.5 sacks
7.5 TFL
1 pass def
2 forced fumbles

Advertisement
How many SFLA guys on the field those 9 plays?
Didn’t chart the plays but looking at the snap counts the other DEs getting snaps were Jahfari, Chance and Wayne. Knowing he moved inside at times I didn’t look at the breakdown of who was out there with him. I did notice on two of their drives where they got some chunk plays he was off the field. If I have time tonight I’ll try to chart it accurately

Last response I was thinking Dlinemen only. I actually loved Perryman's freshman season. Thought it might have been his best season as a cane before Golden fattened him up. (Clearly him playing bigger has worked out with his NFL career)
Nah. Denzel had a decent freshman season but last freshman with this kind of IMPACT was by a gentleman named Dan Morgan...

Nah. Denzel had a decent freshman season but last freshman with this kind of IMPACT was by a gentleman named Dan Morgan...
Morgan attended the University of Miami and played for the Miami Hurricanes football team from 1997 to 2000. He began his college career playing as a fullback, but was switched to weakside linebacker one week before the season started. He became the first freshman linebacker to start for the Hurricanes since Ray Lewis in 1993. As a freshman, he was named second-team freshman All-American by the Sporting News after posting 105 tackles, three sacks, and one forced fumble. From Wikipedia.. delete if a violation.

Advertisement
Back