Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Told Ivins today he's going to commit during or near the state championship game on 12/16. Said he doesn't think it's ever been done that way before so he wanted to try to create some buzz. Still not sure exactly how he's going to do it, but it'll be that day.

Miami and FSU are his leaders, and he said Bama, Auburn and Louisville are behind them. Planning OVs to FSU and Miami over the next 2 weekends, and both Norvell and Mario are doing in-home visits.

Told Ivins today he's going to commit during or near the state championship game on 12/16. Said he doesn't think it's ever been done that way before so he wanted to try to create some buzz. Still not sure exactly how he's going to do it, but it'll be that day.

Miami and FSU are his leaders, and he said Bama, Auburn and Louisville are behind them. Planning OVs to FSU and Miami over the next 2 weekends, and both Norvell and Mario are doing in-home visits.
He's gonna do an official the weekend right after making his commitment?

Advertisement
That’s what Ivins is saying and I agree with what I think you’re saying, it’d be quite odd to commit to fsu during your game on Friday and then go to Miami on Saturday for an OV.

I think that’s the reason all the crystal balls are on Miami.
Or vice versa. Commit to Miami then do an official to FSU. would be strange.

He's supposedly taking an OV to FSU this wkend coming up. 12/9-12/11.

The commitment is next Friday, 12/16. Miami OV supposedly the weekend, starting 12/17 after his game.

Early signing day is 12/21.
Didn't realize the visit locations for each weekend were already set.

I could see him going to FSU this weekend then committing to us and visiting us officially next weekend. Wouldn't like it but I could see that happening.

Surprised FSU would let him official with the crystal balls already coming in for Miami knowing he's committing and officially visiting us next weekend.

Advertisement
Lol at Questioning Butch....Let them...How's things been at the University of Excuses since his kids left after 2004. Every yr it becomes more obvious how exemplary his Evaluations, recruiting and development were. His staff defecates on this one....This is one thing about Mario that ****es me off. For God's Sake, he was a GA from 98-2000....he saw upclose how it's done, to no avail.
Let me ask, were you talking **** about butch after one year also? Calling on planes cause he sucked. And then in years 2 and 3? You must have known all along he was great.

Let me ask, were you talking **** about butch after one year also? Calling on planes cause he sucked. And then in years 2 and 3? You must have known all along he was great.
Since I had a family member on staff, and knew what Butch was up against, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not only was he crippled by Sanctions...but also devoid of talent, aside from a few, thanks to Ericksons less than stellar recruiting. Butch had an excuse like no other in CFB History...I was standing not 100' away from him when that banner was flown. You simply can't compare what any coach in UM History had to deal with in comparison. When you look back on his 97-2000 classes it's staggering. It will never be duplicated again, especially considering what he went up against. He dealt with an Administration that didn't give af about him...and penny pinched him to death. But he had a plan...stuck with it, and eventually built the Greatest collection of talent in NCAA History. Butch had his weaknesses...but he more than made up with his strengths. His ability to Evaluate, recruit and develop is unmatched till this day. And he certainly didn't have a Brinks truck at his disposal.

Advertisement
Since I had a family member on staff, and knew what Butch was up against, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not only was he crippled by Sanctions...but also devoid of talent, aside from a few, thanks to Ericksons less than stellar recruiting. Butch had an excuse like no other in CFB History...I was standing not 100' away from him when that banner was flown. You simply can't compare what any coach in UM History had to deal with in comparison. When you look back on his 97-2000 classes it's staggering. It will never be duplicated again, especially considering what he went up against. He dealt with an Administration that didn't give af about him...and penny pinched him to death. But he had a plan...stuck with it, and eventually built the Greatest collection of talent in NCAA History. Butch had his weaknesses...but he more than made up with his strengths. His ability to Evaluate, recruit and develop is unmatched till this day. And he certainly didn't have a Brinks truck at his disposal.
I totally understand what Butch had to go through, it was a nightmare. But don't discount the 20+ years of total **** that we've had coaching and running this team as an administration. All we did was yearly fall behind everyone else. You take over a team that in Miami doesn't have talent at positions that grow on trees down here and you know all you need to know. And while I agree with the money part, everyone has money now. Its only an advantage when you are one of the few that has it.......everyone is throwing around money like its nothing. So its great to have but i'm not sure its an out-sized advantage. I do think they are similar in that they have a plan and are going to stay with it. Mario hired some **** staff, lets see if he course corrects.

I totally understand what Butch had to go through, it was a nightmare. But don't discount the 20+ years of total **** that we've had coaching and running this team as an administration. All we did was yearly fall behind everyone else. You take over a team that in Miami doesn't have talent at positions that grow on trees down here and you know all you need to know. And while I agree with the money part, everyone has money now. Its only an advantage when you are one of the few that has it.......everyone is throwing around money like its nothing. So its great to have but i'm not sure its an out-sized advantage. I do think they are similar in that they have a plan and are going to stay with it. Mario hired some **** staff, lets see if he course corrects.
Discount??....I'm all too well aware....but the path Mario's taking is nothing like the path Butch took. Which is mind-boggling....Butch had an Elite staff from jump (aside from Bill Miller) who was a close friend of his. Not only was the staff Elite...but they could recruit their Azzes off. Coker onward, were given the Blueprint, and decided to veer away from it for some ungodly reason.

Discount??....I'm all too well aware....but the path Mario's taking is nothing like the path Butch took. Which is mind-boggling....Butch had an Elite staff from jump (aside from Bill Miller) who was a close friend of his. Not only was the staff Elite...but they could recruit their Azzes off. Coker onward, were given the Blueprint, and decided to veer away from it for some ungodly reason.

There's no blueprint for being an elite talent evaluator, which Butch was (he learned from the absolute GOAT in this field, James William Johnson) and Coker absolutely was not. You can either do it or you can't. Butch could. Larry couldn't.

There's no blueprint for being an elite talent evaluator, which Butch was (he learned from the absolute GOAT in this field, James William Johnson) and Coker absolutely was not. You can either do it or you can't. Butch could. Larry couldn't.
JJ has always said, Butch was the best he ever had....it was Butch who closed on 90% of JJs kids from 84-88.....That's coming from JJs own mouth in 98 when me and wifey met him in the Keys. Butch's staff from 95-2000 were Elite as well. Pagano and Curtis Johnson worked as a team in the South and Mid West....Kehoe was the guy for up North....Sarge the Dade guy. @Brooklyndee will attest to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back